Sign in to follow this  
LawrenceA

Favorite Vampire films w/o Dracula!

33 posts in this topic

I finally got a chance to see Romero's Martin (1977) and thought it was pretty good.  The actresses in the film were all good and the staking scene was one of the better ones that I have seen.

• Like 1

I finally got a chance to see Romero's Martin (1977) and thought it was pretty good.  The actresses in the film were all good and the staking scene was one of the better ones that I have seen.

That's one that grew on me over the years. The low budget cheapness makes it tough to like at first, but I really came to appreciate the unique take. The transition between the real world and Martin's memories/fantasies, and the ambiguity of whether or not he really was a vampire, were nice touches.

• Like 1

As there were no Republican debates to entertain me this evening I watched Interview With the Vampire (1994- knucklehead).  I had forgotten how camp it is.  Not very good.

As there were no Republican debates to entertain me this evening I watched Interview With the Vampire (1944).  I had forgotten how camp it is.  Not very good.

Wow, there was a 1944 version? Did Errol Flynn play Lestat opposite Tyrone Power as Louis?

• Like 1

All kidding aside, I had Interview  on my initial list (though very low) but I was sorely disappointed when it was released. I had read the first 3 books in the series, and was looking forward to the film, despite my misgivings about Cruise as Lestat. I thought Kirsten Dunst was good as Claudia, but Brad Pitt was all wrong for Louis, and Cruise wasn't much better. I left the theater hating it, and only watched it again after some years had passed. I didn't dislike it as much, but it's still far FAR from what it should have been.

And I've also noticed that quite a few A-list films from the 90's are not aging very well.

I almost forgot, John Carpenter's "Vampires" with James Woods and especially Thomas Ian Griffith

• Like 1