rayban

Male Beauty In The Movies

211 posts in this topic

Throughout the years in the movies, there have been many, many examples of actors who became a major component in a film's success due to their youth, beauty and charm.

And most of them have gone on to become genuine stars, too.

It can be said of these actors that "The camera loved them."

And they, in turn, responded without restraint to the camera.

Whether they could act or not was never that important.

Because what they brought to the camera - in terms of their over-all presence - was always an indelible ingredient of any film that they chose to inhabit.

And, here is just one early example:

island-of-desire-linda-darnell-tab-evere

• Like 1

Throughout the years in the movies, there have been many, many examples of actors who became a major component in a film's success due to their youth, beauty and charm.

And most of them have gone on to become genuine stars, too.

It can be said of these actors that "The camera loved them."

And they, in turn, responded without restraint to the camera.

Whether they could act or not was never that important.

Because what they brought to the camera - in terms of their over-all presence - was always an indelible ingredient of any film that they chose to inhabit.

And, here is just one early example:

island-of-desire-linda-darnell-tab-evere

" Linda could never figure out why Tab spent so much time hanging out with the sailors..."

In Three in the Attic, a film which I remember fondly, Christopher Jones is definitely objectified. It will be on TCM in May.

three-in-the-attic.jpg

• Like 1

TROY DONAHUE -

At his best, in films like "A Summer Place", "Parrish" and "Rome Adventure", he was like a golden light that you wanted to be a part of -

but he wanted to be taken seriously as an actor, and "My Blood Runs Cold" put an end to the movie star phase of his acting career -

he also battled drug and alcohol addiction, and you can see it in films like "Palm Springs Weekend" -

but perhaps if Warner Bros. hadn't overworked him in both a TV series and movies -

HE WOULD'VE LASTED LONGER AS A MOVIE STAR.

troydonahue.JPG

• Like 1

PaulNewmanShirtless.jpg

I think everyone can admit that Paul Newman was probably the most attractive male actor ever. I bet not one person would refuse a date from Newman; man or woman, gay or straight.

• Like 3

PaulNewmanShirtless.jpg

I think everyone can admit that Paul Newman was probably the most attractive male actor ever. I bet not one person would refuse a date from Newman; man or woman, gay or straight.

And he was a really excellent actor - but he never called attention to himself.

I still can't believe that he is playing the Mexican bandit in "The Outrage".

• Like 2

PaulNewmanShirtless.jpg

Newman was a true movie star in every sense of the word.

• Like 4

Theo James - a real beauty - thank you.

He is the only reason I go to those "Divergent" movies- I hope he makes in which he plays a gay character and has plenty of nude scenes ;)

• Like 1

He is the only reason I go to those "Divergent" movies- I hope he makes in which he plays a gay character and has plenty of nude scenes ;)

I really don't know his work on the screen, but I can see what you're talking about.

Young Javier Barden shows off his talents in this clip

from "Jamon, Jamon" (1992) - in the movie he also bullfights in the nude for those who might be interested in such things ;)
  • Like 1