rayban

Male Beauty In The Movies

425 posts in this topic

Such a tragic loss - he was a very gifted actor not just a pretty face

I absolutely agree. River was one of the those actors who was good no matter what role he played. That's why I liked to watch him and his movies.

My favorite River movies are Stand By Me, Running on Empty, and My Own Private Idaho. Stand By Me is clearly the best of the three movies I listed, and if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do. You won't regret it.

• Like 3

I absolutely agree. River was one of the those actors who was good no matter what role he played. That's why I liked to watch him and his movies.

My favorite River movies are Stand By Me, Running on Empty, and My Own Private Idaho. Stand By Me is clearly the best of the three movies I listed, and if you haven't seen it yet, I recommend you do. You won't regret it.

"Stand By Me" is a classic but he River breaks your heart in "My Own Private Idaho"

• Like 2

I'm watching Ramon Novarro in PAGAN.  Talk about male beauty!  I've seen some of his flicks before but this one really shows off his extremely handsome and expressive face (wonderful smile, too) and great body.  There's a shot near the beginning where Ramon is reclining and the camera starts at his feet and moves upward showing off his legs and torso.  I don't think I've ever seen a male filmed like this before (at least in a classic-era film). Being pre-code (1929) he talks about appreciating God in the beautiful natural outdoors instead of in a hot church on Sunday.

Looked him up on Wiki and was so sorry to read how his life ended.  He did have a great career in early Hollywood. 

• Like 1

I'm watching Ramon Novarro in PAGAN.  Talk about male beauty!  I've seen some of his flicks before but this one really shows off his extremely handsome and expressive face (wonderful smile, too) and great body.  There's a shot near the beginning where Ramon is reclining and the camera starts at his feet and moves upward showing off his legs and torso.  I don't think I've ever seen a male filmed like this before (at least in a classic-era film). Being pre-code (1929) he talks about appreciating God in the beautiful natural outdoors instead of in a hot church on Sunday.

Looked him up on Wiki and was so sorry to read how his life ended.  He did have a great career in early Hollywood. 

Ramon Navarro was both beautiful and memorable in the very first "Ben Hur: A Tale of the Christ".

Supposedly, a more-than-permissible nude version of the film exists, but, to this day, it has never surfaced.

Ramon Navarro wanted a film career that included a lot more singing.

In his later years, re-capturing his native Mexican accent, he gave a superb performance in a classic episode of "Bonanza".

• Like 2

While we're on the subject of Matt Dillon, he also appeared in other movies based on S.E. Hinton books besides The Outsiders. Rumble Fish and Tex were also movies that starred Dillon based on S.E. Hinton books.

The Outsiders

1441a9ea5eb9defb5c3730afc9530f54.jpg

Rumble Fish

s-l300.jpg

Tex

dillon-tex.jpg?w=604&h=453

• Like 2

While we're on the subject of Matt Dillon, he also appeared in other movies based on S.E. Hinton books besides The Outsiders. Rumble Fish and Tex were also movies that starred Dillon based on S.E. Hinton books.

The Outsiders

1441a9ea5eb9defb5c3730afc9530f54.jpg

Rumble Fish

s-l300.jpg

Tex

dillon-tex.jpg?w=604&h=453

Hinton had a crush on Matt and who can blame her?

• Like 2

The Outsiders cast filled with beautiful men.  Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Swayze. rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4a8e2202-dceb-4

• Like 2

The Outsiders cast filled with beautiful men.  Rob Lowe, Matt Dillon, Tom Cruise, C. Thomas Howell, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez, and Patrick Swayze. rehost%2F2016%2F9%2F13%2F4a8e2202-dceb-4

This shot was made for slash fiction ;)

• Like 2

Did anyone else see Matt Bomer on Watch What Happens,  Live,   last night?

He was funny and charming.     Andy and Matt appear to be close and the show had a great vibe.

Of course he was promoting his newest work;  The Last Tycoon.   

(note that the 1976 film is one of the last great 'transitional' era films,  with studio-era heavyweights like Robert Mitchum,  Dana Andrews,  and Ray Milland,  and current superstars in De Niro,  and Nicholson,  also actress Jeanne Moreau,  Theresa Russell, and Anjelica Huston ).

PS:  Edited to say that Tony Curtis was also in the 1976 version.      

• Like 2

Matt Bomer is one of the most stunning looking men I've ever seen.  What makes him more even attractive is he seems like a genuinely nice guy and not full of himself.  Looks like he takes his work seriously, but not himself.

I remember seeing him on WHITE COLLAR a few times. I can't remember if I saw him on GUIDING LIGHT before I stopped watching but one of the web sites I follow very recently ran a clip of him in MAGIC MIKE and he was awesome (it may have been "Vulture" as there was an interview with him).  Not only did he perform an extremely sexy striptease, his character seemed to be enjoying himself and he had a great smile.  That clip led to a couple NORMAL HEART clips and he was very, very good as was Mark Rufalo,  I hope HBO runs it again as I didn't have HBO when it was originally on.

Nice to see a really good looking guy from "the younger generation"* with the acting chops who can appeal to everybody. 

* at least from my point of view.   ^_^

• Like 3

Matt Bomer is one of the most stunning looking men I've ever seen.  What makes him more even attractive is he seems like a genuinely nice guy and not full of himself.  Looks like he takes his work seriously, but not himself.

On Watch What Happens,  Live,  what you state is how Bomer came off.    This is what I like about the show's format:  even for actors it is difficult to try to mask ones' true self.    

Bomer charmed my pants off and I'm not gay!

• Like 2

On Watch What Happens,  Live,  what you state is how Bomer came off.    This is what I like about the show's format:  even for actors it is difficult to try to mask ones' true self.    

Bomer charmed my pants off and I'm not gay!

Yes, he is charming.

• Like 1