rayban

Male Beauty In The Movies

212 posts in this topic

On Watch What Happens,  Live,  what you state is how Bomer came off.    This is what I like about the show's format:  even for actors it is difficult to try to mask ones' true self.    

Bomer charmed my pants off and I'm not gay!

In an interview this past Friday on "Access Hollywood", Kelsey Grammer (of all people) one of the stars of "The Last Tycoon", said that Matt Bomer is "the most beautiful man".

• Like 2

I thought Pratt was sexy even when he was heavier in "Parks and Recreation"

It's easy to forget Chris Pratt was heavier, but he was sexy then and is sexy now. Some guys just never go out of style.

Pratt also played the Steve McQueen counterpart in the remake of The Magnificent Seven. It wasn't as good as the original (which I love), but Pratt was able to steal the show by making his character a wisecracking goofball. (As much as I love McQueen, he is clearly not the goofball type.)

Speaking of Steve McQueen, there were a lot of stories about him in the tabloids over the years. A story that was published after Robert Vaughn passed away was McQueen slept with Vaughn. That story was probably published just to make gullible people buy copies.

• Like 2

It's easy to forget Chris Pratt was heavier, but he was sexy then and is sexy now. Some guys just never go out of style.

Pratt also played the Steve McQueen counterpart in the remake of The Magnificent Seven. It wasn't as good as the original (which I love), but Pratt was able to steal the show by making his character a wisecracking goofball. (As much as I love McQueen, he is clearly not the goofball type.)

Speaking of Steve McQueen, there were a lot of stories about him in the tabloids over the years. A story that was published after Robert Vaughn passed away was McQueen slept with Vaughn. That story was probably published just to make gullible people buy copies.

The Vaughn- McQueen encounter sounds like pure slash fiction but hey you never know.... : )

• Like 1

The Vaughn- McQueen encounter sounds like pure slash fiction but hey you never know.... : )

Robert Vaughn may have written two books - but even he is not talking about this! You're right about the encounter sounding like slash fiction, though.

Of all the members of the original Magnificent Seven, only Yul Brynner is confirmed as bisexual. (Brynner had an affair with classmate Hurd Hatfield, and a journalist and many of their classmates confirmed the affair.) But McQueen has been rumored to have flings with Paul Newman, Montgomery Clift, Rock Hudson, John Derek, Jack Lord, Robert Vaughn, and George Peppard.

These links will give us more information:

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2011/10/steve-mcqueen.html

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2012/08/yul-brynner.html

• Like 2

Robert Vaughn may have written two books - but even he is not talking about this! You're right about the encounter sounding like slash fiction, though.

Of all the members of the original Magnificent Seven, only Yul Brynner is confirmed as bisexual. (Brynner had an affair with classmate Hurd Hatfield, and a journalist and many of their classmates confirmed the affair.) But McQueen has been rumored to have flings with Paul Newman, Montgomery Clift, Rock Hudson, John Derek, Jack Lord, Robert Vaughn, and George Peppard.

These links will give us more information:

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2011/10/steve-mcqueen.html

http://gayinfluence.blogspot.com/2012/08/yul-brynner.html

Even more fascinating than the article on Yul Brynner are the comments below. A fan of his who was born after he died (a young millennial) apparently took great offense. The insistence that "Yul was 100% all man" revealed a LOT about the poster's opinion of of gays, bisexuals and lesbians as "this team". The more times the poster insisted that they have "nothing against", the more obvious it was that they were trying to convince readers of something that wasn't true.

• Like 1

Even more fascinating than the article on Yul Brynner are the comments below. A fan of his who was born after he died (a young millennial) apparently took great offense. The insistence that "Yul was 100% all man" revealed a LOT about the poster's opinion of of gays, bisexuals and lesbians as "this team". The more times the poster insisted that they have "nothing against", the more obvious it was that they were trying to convince readers of something that wasn't true.

Whoever said Yul couldn't be bi because he was "100% all man" should take a look at some of the manly-men pix on this forum and then say gay/bi men can't be "all man" or remember hunky Rock Hudson or any number of men.  I'd like to think that the "younger generation" wouldn't fall for stereotypical thinking but it lives on.

• Like 3

Oh you don't have to say anything here. That poster gets plenty of responses on that blog site. Ha ha! All in agreement with what you just stated.

• Like 1

Jlewis, I agree with everything you and Christine have said in the posts below mine. I also read the comments in Yul's blog post. Jlewis, I don't know if you noticed while reading the comments, but that poster came across as annoying. Everything that poster said, including they deliberately cyber stalked Rock Brynner just to prove the information was incorrect, came across as annoying. (I'm not the type who says stuff like that about others online, but in this case, it had to said.)

Christine is right. That poster clearly needed to look on this forum because stereotypes should no longer exist.

• Like 3

Whoever said Yul couldn't be bi because he was "100% all man" should take a look at some of the manly-men pix on this forum and then say gay/bi men can't be "all man" or remember hunky Rock Hudson or any number of men.  I'd like to think that the "younger generation" wouldn't fall for stereotypical thinking but it lives on.

It also has to do wit the aura of masculinity they projected on the screen- yes hard to believe in this day and age in which we have out rugby players, marines, cops and firemen anyone would think that gay men can't be butch

• Like 3

Chris Pratt started out in teen soaps like "The OC"( 2006)   got heavy and funny for "Parks and Recreation"( 2009) and now is leading man stud in " Jurassic World" and "Guardians of the Galaxy"

post-53956-0-52608100-1502542339_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

The 22 year old charms of Antonio Banderas are in full frontal  display in "Peztanas Postisas"(1982)  a  film I had never heard of

You can find a more revealing look if you search for it ;)

• Like 1

Orlando Bloom, when he appearded in "The Lord of The Rings"  movies - he was oh, so young and oh, so blond.

His recent full-frontal - he was sailing with Katy Perry - was quite a sensation.

I wish that I could post it, but I can't.

But, guys, you will not be disappointed.

• Like 2

Orlando Bloom, when he appearded in "The Lord of The Rings"  movies - he was oh, so young and oh, so blond.

His recent full-frontal - he was sailing with Katy Perry - was quite a sensation.

I wish that I could post it, but I can't.

But, guys, you will not be disappointed.

Lord of the Rings

orlando-bloom_0.jpg?w=612

Pirates of the Caribbean

b2806c29-d1e4-4c71-916f-82dee6cc04c1.jpg

• Like 3

Lord of the Rings

orlando-bloom_0.jpg?w=612

Pirates of the Caribbean

b2806c29-d1e4-4c71-916f-82dee6cc04c1.jpg

Thanks so much, I prefer him as a blond.

But the recent full-frontal tells us that he is NOT a natural blond.

• Like 1

Orlando Bloom should really do a stand alone Legolas movie - he could get together with Aragorn - I'm sure Viggo Mortenson would not mind...

post-53956-0-54563900-1502992244_thumb.jpg

• Like 1