LonesomePolecat

IT'S MOVIE "TIME"!

3,668 posts in this topic

44 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

MIDNIGHT COWBOY

Thanks for posting "Midnight Cowboy" which is one of my favorite movies - I love this film so much. I saw the filming in Manhattan (during summer) of the scene in the Village during the freezing cold winter going up and down the brownstone steps - at least 40 times. It's a great film for the ages.

next: Midnight Run

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarshaKatz said:

Thanks for posting "Midnight Cowboy" which is one of my favorite movies - I love this film so much. I saw the filming in Manhattan (during summer) of the scene in the Village during the freezing cold winter going up and down the brownstone steps - at least 40 times. It's a great film for the ages.

next: Midnight Run

What an awesome memory. Instead of day for night, some films as you indicate are doing summer for winter. A friend of mine worked on one of the Spiderman movies, I think it was the second one. I went with her one day and worked as an extra. We were shooting in downtown Los Angeles in late June when it was over 100 degrees. It was an outdoor winter scene and we had to wear heavy coats, scarves and gloves. In 100 degree heat! I'll never forget it. 

Next: 

DAY OF THE OUTLAW

7 hours ago, TopBilled said:

What an awesome memory. Instead of day for night, some films as you indicate are doing summer for winter. A friend of mine worked on one of the Spiderman movies, I think it was the second one. I went with her one day and worked as an extra. We were shooting in downtown Los Angeles in late June when it was over 100 degrees. It was an outdoor winter scene and we had to wear heavy coats, scarves and gloves. In 100 degree heat! I'll never forget it. 

Next: 

DAY OF THE OUTLAW

BTW - the filming was done at 4AM - no cars - no traffic - and during a NYC heat wave

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS

• Like 1