Sign in to follow this  
LiamCasey

"Invisible Invaders" (1959)

4 posts in this topic

Just rewatched Invisible Invaders (1959) earlier today on Comet TV. Now, I'm not going to attempt to convince anyone that this movie is a classic. Let's face it, it is a 1950s John Agar science-fiction movie. And not even a 1950s John Agar Universal science-fiction movie (otherwise it would be airing on MeTV with Svengoolie rather than on Comet TV).

But if you are a fan of the original Night of the Living Dead (1968), then I would recommend that you see this one (It airs again on the 12th, the 19th and the 22nd.). Because there is no way George A. Romero didn't do the same before he made his movie. A group of trapped people menaced by slow moving dead people.

And, in a side note for those Destination Tokyo (1943) fans out there, this one includes both Robert Hutton (who was a lot braver serving under Cary Grant) and Paul Langton (who somewhere along the line got a promotion from a barber in the Navy to a Lieutenant General in the Air Force).

• Like 1

I rewatched INVISIBLE INVADERS fairly recently, as well. It's really not a bad movie, if a bit minor, and is definitely a step in the evolution of the modern zombie genre. I watched it on DVD, as part of a 4-film set from MGM's Midnite Movies collection. It also includes

JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET (1962)

STRANGE INVADERS (1983)

INVADERS FROM MARS (1986)

Just rewatched Invisible Invaders (1959) earlier today on Comet TV. Now, I'm not going to attempt to convince anyone that this movie is a classic. Let's face it, it is a 1950s John Agar science-fiction movie.

I don't think INVISIBLE INVADERS will ever be considered a classic, but that's okay with me. Like a lot of boys, who grew up in the 1950's, I spent many a Saturday afternoon with my buddies enjoying films like that. Some have aged better than others (I mean the films, not my buddies), but I still enjoy watching them.

Very fond of this film. Always thought the moving mounds of earth was a clever way to show the invisible creatures and if you had to have a talking zombie, John Carradine had to be the guy to cast