Sign in to follow this  
cigarjoe

The Noir Canon - a different way of looking at it

32 posts in this topic

Oh, I missed so many great posts last night when I was watching The Great Escape and Bullitt.  Oh, but then I went to sleep.

I do not know why when I press the button to view new content I have to go through all sorts of off topic chit chat to find new posts in noir categories.

A lot of people say about Noir: I know it when I see it.  Then they cannot otherwise define it.

There are a lot of my favourite Noir films that are in the first half of the 1960s.  I've been looking at the lists of titles both of you have been mentioning and making a mental list of which ones I have already seen and which ones I haven't.

regarding Dark City the original-I've discovered that there is no way for me to see it where I live. Sigh.

I know what you mean. I go through a few renditions of Film Noir to find the ones I'm currently searching for or interested in. I like Dark City and will check to see if I have a copy. WIll probably return tomorrow and hope I've got it. I do recall another movie from around the same time it reminds me of.

Best Regards as always

• Like 1

I know what you mean. I go through a few renditions of Film Noir to find the ones I'm currently searching for or interested in. I like Dark City and will check to see if I have a copy. WIll probably return tomorrow and hope I've got it. I do recall another movie from around the same time it reminds me of.

Best Regards as always

Well, I checked through my files and am so sorry I don't have Dark City. I have another movie pal in Sweden who has a lot of rare classics. I just sent him an e-mail awhile ago requesting the film. He will send it in the next week or two. We have been trading for the last ten years and he has an extensive list of older films we love. So that will be great. Will let you know when I receive it.

Best,

Jsnet

• Like 1

Just thought of another great Film Noir I saw recently. IT is the '54 film called Blackout with Dane Clark, Belinda Lee and Eleanor Summerfield. It has some interesting pathways we follow to the end.

• Like 1

Just thought of another great Film Noir I saw recently. IT is the '54 film called Blackout with Dane Clark, Belinda Lee and Eleanor Summerfield. It has some interesting pathways we follow to the end.

It's been awhile since I've seen it.

Best Regards as always

I haven't seen Dark City. Is this the 1951 film with Charlton Heston, Lizabeth Scott, and Don DeFore?

Charlton Heston in a film noir should be interesting.

I haven't seen Dark City. Is this the 1951 film with Charlton Heston, Lizabeth Scott, and Don DeFore?

Charlton Heston in a film noir should be interesting.

Yes,  we are discussing the 51 film Dark City (verses the 90s film with is unrelated).    While it is a film worth seeing, Scott doesn't have much to do and she isn't a femme fatale.    I would rate it as the least interesting noir Scott was in.

Yes,  we are discussing the 51 film Dark City (verses the 90s film with is unrelated).    While it is a film worth seeing but Scott doesn't have much to do and she isn't a femme fatale.    I would rate it as the least interesting noir Scott was in.

"Charlton Heston in a film noir should be interesting."

Actually, I was wondering more about Charlton Heston, but he was in Touch of Evil, so seeing him in Dark City shouldn't be too much of a stretch.