GregoryPeckfan

Can't Watch This Artist or Movie Often Enough

16 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

I have noticed in the short time I have been here that there are some people who don't like repeated programming while others would love to see the same movie repeatedly.

What favourite movies, actors, actresses etc. do you have that you love so much you could watch them over and over and not get tired of them?

• Like 2

There are lots of films like Dr. Strangelove (1964) that I could, and do watch over and over again.  But that is not to say that I would like TCM to run them more often.  Any film that falls into that category I have a personal copy of.

• Like 2

There are lots of films like Dr. Strangelove (1964) that I could, and do watch over and over again.  But that is not to say that I would like TCM to run them more often.  Any film that falls into that category I have a personal copy of.

Yes, I didn't mean that this thread had to be about having no problem with repeats, but that I noticed that when people who do watch a certain movie over and over, they tend to name it when they talk about this.  Some people even have it in their moniker here like Casablanca1000views.

Just trying to come up with a new thread that will actually be about movies rather than what is taking over off-topic chat.

• Like 1

I try to watch Alastair Sim's A Christmas Carol (1951) every Christmas eve.

This is my favourite version of A Christmas Carol.  It's a must see for me on Christmas Eve too.

:)

• Like 1

Films I've seen the most often: THE GREAT ESCAPE, HALLOWEEN, DAWN OF THE DEAD, DR. STRANGELOVE, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE, PREDATOR, ROBOCOP, CADDYSHACK, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND, the earliest Universal horror films like DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN, BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN.

As far as stars, there are a lot, maybe too many, that I'm trying to see all of their films. My favorite classic film stars are Bogart, Cagney, E.G. Robinson, Muni, and Tracy.

• Like 2

Besides Gregory Peck- of course :D :

I can't get enough of Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart, Glenn Ford or David Niven.

Movies I can't get enough that don't include these artists above include but are not exclusively

Rear Window, Shadow of a Doubt, The Great Escape, Laura, and Some Came Running.

• Like 2

Interesting topic and only one on my list is in color:

Paths of Glory

Dr Strangelove

Rob Roy

Them!

The Thing From Another World

Twelve O'Clock High

The Day the Earth Stood Still

• Like 3

Interesting topic and only one on my list is in color:

Paths of Glory

Dr Strangelove

Rob Roy

Them!

The Thing From Another World

Twelve O'Clock High

The Day the Earth Stood Still

Interesting too that these are two genres

War/anti-war

Science Fiction

Thanks for your list.  The only one I have not seen yet is Rob Roy.

• Like 2

This one is an interesting topic, because I sometimes feel guilty about watching the same film or the same performance over and over again.

But I am absolutely hooked on the films of Alfred Hitchcock,

Especially the ones that don't quite succeed, like "Stage Fright".

Or the ones that take chances, like "Lifeboat".    

• Like 1

This one is an interesting topic, because I sometimes feel guilty about watching the same film or the same performance over and over again.

But I am absolutely hooked on the films of Alfred Hitchcock,

Especially the ones that don't quite succeed, like "Stage Fright".

Or the ones that take chances, like "Lifeboat".    

Don't feel guilty about watching the same movie over and over again.  I have probably seen The Long Long Trailer a hundred times.  I'm not exaggerating.  There are other films that I've seen a billion times because I love them and never tire of them.

There's something to be said about a film that's an instant "pick me up" or something that you love so much you can watch it over and over. 

• Like 2

I can't watch enough Errol Flynn movies.  At this point though, I'm starting to run out of "new" films of his to watch.  However, I don't care, I'll just watch his other ones again.  Aside from being incredibly easy on the eyes, Flynn is such a charismatic star that he may be one of the few male stars who completely overshadows his female co-stars.  I believe he was incredibly underrated as a performer--as evidenced in films like Gentleman Jim and Silver River

I also can't get enough of Audrey Hepburn.  She's so incredibly charming and glamorous.  She has a very unique screen persona and I never tire of watching her.

Lucille Ball.  I love her.  Can't get enough.

My favorite movies that I never tire of watching:

The Long Long Trailer

The Adventures of Robin Hood

All About Eve

Gilda

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Sabrina

• Like 2

Your attitude towards Errol Flynn movies, Speedy, is the type of reason I started this thread around the time that people were talking about how often North By Northwest airs on TCM, and I think some people thought I was referring to wanting to see it on TCM all the time, but that just inspired the thread.

I do try to cut down on my list of recorded films that I will delete after watching them, but I keep wanting to watch my favourites that are recorded which I have no intention of deleting.

Besides Gregory Peck movies, I cannot get enough of:

William Powell and Myrna Loy pairings

Glenn Ford

Hitchcock

Robert Young

Robert Montgomery

Cary Grant

David Niven

Fred Astaire

Gene Kelly

Frank Sinatra

Film Noir

Paul Newman and Robert Redford together

Pierce Brosnan

Rory Cochrane

Ingrid Bergman

Claude Rains

Errol Flynn and his frequent costars

Humphrey Bogart

Lauren Bacall

I could go on.  I'm thinking of starting more favourites threads based on some of these names that don't already have a thread

• Like 2

I can't get enough of Claude Jarman, Jr.  He was such a uniquely gifted child actor.  I especially like him in "The Yearling" and "The Sun Comes Up".  I also like him in "Intruder In The Dust" and "Rio Grande".  I wish that he had had a longer career.  

9872822_ori.jpg

I'm not really able to watch The Yearling anymore.  I've lost too many pets as people live longer.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I agree it is too bad that Claude did not make more movies.  He got a special Academy Award for making The Yearling.

• Like 1