123 posts in this topic

Reply Number 100 to this topic:

I noticed that this thread has 99 replies to it, and I thought I would try to make the 100th reply before someone else did.  Only fitting, I think.

Gregory Peck is my favourite of actor of all time for his on screen work, his off screen work, and his commitment to his ideals. 

I have a vinyl recording of  him narrating The Lullaby of Christmas on one side.  Loretta Young is on the other side narrating The Little Angel.  It's very scratching, but you  can still listen to it.

For those of you who get Grit TV, The Sea Wolves (1980) with Gregory Peck plus Roger Moore, David Niven and Trevor Howard is airing tomorrow (4/20) at 10PM EDT. And again on 4/26 at 12AM EDT and on 4/30 at 3PM EDT.

I have yet to see this movie but, between the cast and the genre, I suspect that this one will be right up my alley and, therefore, I hope to catch one of these showings.

• Like 1

For those of you who get Grit TV, The Sea Wolves (1980) with Gregory Peck plus Roger Moore, David Niven and Trevor Howard is airing tomorrow (4/20) at 10PM EDT. And again on 4/26 at 12AM EDT and on 4/30 at 3PM EDT.

I have yet to see this movie but, between the cast and the genre, I suspect that this one will be right up my alley and, therefore, I hope to catch one of these showings.

Thanks for alerting people to this film who get GritTV, Liam.  I don't, but I have seen The Seas Wolves and I must say that it is indeed worth seeing this great cast.  It is a strong film for such a group of actors who were nearing the end of their careers along with some "younger" actors like Roger Moore.

It is a fun seafaring film. 

Today I decided to change my screen name to ColumboFan.  I am still and always a fan of Gregory Peck. 

Oddly, I did not realize that the thread I started would show that they were started by COLUMBOFAN instead of GREGORYPECKFAN.

I was not trying to confuse anyone by changing my name.

I just decided to focus on my love of detective shows because I m considering starting a thread in the favourites section about TV detectives on MeTV.

A reminder that Arabesque will be airing on Turner Classic Movies on Thursday, April 28th as part of the evening's look at Sophia Loren which starts with the interview she gave at the 2015 Film Festival where she was interviewed by her son.

Arabesque was a follow up by director Stanley Donen to the movie Charade.  Gregory Peck's role was originally offered to Cary Grant who turned it down.

• Like 1

My favourite actor of all time Gregory Peck has two movies coming up in May on TCM:

1. The Great Sinner on May 13th at 10:30am Eastern/7:30 am Pacific

*one of his films opposite Ava Gardner

2. The Guns of Navarone on May 30th at 2;30pm as part of the Memorial Day Weekend 

* I may have mentioned that this is my favourite movie of all time.

A reminder that on this Friday at 10:30am/7:30am, TCM is airing The Great Sinner starring Gregory Peck and Ava Gardner.

The film also features Walter Huston and Frank Morgan.

Post #5000:

Gregory Peck is my favourite actor of all time. At the recent film festival, Cecilia Peck presented a screening of her father's film KEYS TO THE KINGDOM.

I asked some people privately  whom I knew attended the festival if they had attended the screening and if so, what they thought of it.  One said he had not attended it.  Another did not answer. I also posted a separate thread in the General Discussions asking people if they had seen it.  That thread got a lot of views, but nobody answered it.

Maybe people will answer my question on this thread about Gregory Peck.

Did anyone see the screening of this film with Gregory Peck's youngest child presenting it?

What was it like to see this movie on the big screen?

• Like 1

Thank you to SueSueIIAppelgate!

Although she did attend the movie, she did post some pictures of Celia Peck from the festival.

Thanks too to kingrat for telling me who was most likely to know who saw The Keys To The Kingdom.

:D

I am a HUGE Gregory Peck fan! He's always been one of my fave actors, along with James Cagney and Edward G. Robinson. Hopefully I could read his biography soon after I finish the one on James Cagney. But I have loved Gregory Peck since I was a teenager. I have almost every Gregory Peck Movies...here are some from my DVD library--

1. Valley of Decision (w/Greer Garson--and I believe one of his first breakout roles...no I think Keys of the Kingdom maybe one of the first (?)--(1945)

2. Spellbound (w/Ingrid Bergen. Gregory Peck though he was sorry for committing adultery with Bergman, ending or almost ending his marriage which had some problems.) But he is still a gentlemen's gentlemen. He owned up to what happened and we still love you Gregory! You can see the electrical chemistry between Peck and Bergen! (1945) Great movie!!

3. Gentlemen's Agreement w/John Garfield (1947)

4. Snows of Kilimanjero (w/Ava Gardner and I THINK Deborah Kerr?) (1952)

5. The Great Sinner (again w/Ava Gardner)--1949

6. Big Country (with all star cast)--(19__?)

7. Arabesque (I heard tell, that this movie is more style than substance, but I bought it anyway)--1966

8. The Man in the Gray Flannel Suit (1956)

9. Designing Women (w/Katherine Hepburn)--(1957)

10. Roman Holiday (w/Audrey Hepburn)--1953

11. The Guns of Navarone (w/David Niven)--(1961)

12. Cape Fear (w/Robert Michum)--(1962)

13. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)

14. Mirage (w/Diane Baker)--psychological thriller! (1965)

15. The Omen (w/Lee Remick)--1976

16. The Boys From Brazil (w/James Mason, Laurence Olivier)--he was SO convincing as a villainous Nazi racist Josef Mengele, I hated Gregory Peck in that cos he was so evil...but that proves he's a top billing, awesome actor, cos if I can dislike Gregory Peck for 2 hours, he did his job! (1978)

I just need to get David and Bathsheba, and Keys to the Kingdom.

Eldred Gregory Peck--April 5, 1916 La Jolie California-June 12, 2003 Los Angeles California. I cried a lot the day he passed away. But he's still alive every time I pop in one of his movies (:

Fun Fact: He didn't like the name Eldred cos he couldn't make a "nickname" out of it. Growing up as a kid, they called him "Sonny."

I am a HUGE Gregory Peck fan! He's always been one of my fave actors, along with James Cagney and Edward G. Robinson. Hopefully I could read his biography soon after I finish the one on James Cagney. But I have loved Gregory Peck since I was a teenager. I have almost every Gregory Peck Movies...here are some from my DVD library--

1. Valley of Decision (w/Greer Garson--and I believe one of his first breakout roles...no I think Keys of the Kingdom maybe one of the first (?)--(1945)

2. Spellbound (w/Ingrid Bergen. Gregory Peck though he was sorry for committing adultery with Bergman, ending or almost ending his marriage which had some problems.) But he is still a gentlemen's gentlemen. He owned up to what happened and we still love you Gregory! You can see the electrical chemistry between Peck and Bergen! (1945) Great movie!!

7. Arabesque (I heard tell, that this movie is more style than substance, but I bought it anyway)--1966

12. Cape Fear (w/Robert Michum)--(1962)

13. To Kill a Mockingbird (1962)

14. Mirage (w/Diane Baker)--psychological thriller! (1965)

15. The Omen (w/Lee Remick)--1976

16. The Boys From Brazil (w/James Mason, Laurence Olivier)--he was SO convincing as a villainous Nazi racist Josef Mengele, I hated Gregory Peck in that cos he was so evil...but that proves he's a top billing, awesome actor, cos if I can dislike Gregory Peck for 2 hours, he did his job! (1978)

I just need to get David and Bathsheba, and Keys to the Kingdom.

Eldred Gregory Peck--April 5, 1916 La Jolie California-June 12, 2003 Los Angeles California. I cried a lot the day he passed away. But he's still alive every time I pop in one of his movies (:

Fun Fact: He didn't like the name Eldred cos he couldn't make a "nickname" out of it. Growing up as a kid, they called him "Sonny."

Actually, Designing Woman was made with lauren Bacall.

I am a Gregory Peck expert, so any questions feel free to ask.

The Big Country was a film he produced.

Eldred was a name that his mother got out of a phone book.

I have seen 99% of his films.

I was a member of his official fan club an a birthday book for his 85th birthday went to his   house.

as for Bergman,  don't remember hearing this before, so I don't think anyone knew this publically until last year.

Happy to see another Gregory Pack fan. He is my hero.

%2

I have not yet looked at  the schedule for the whole month for exactly when each western is airing, but I imagine that there will be a lot of Gregory Peck westerns during the month long look at westerns as hosted by Keith Carradine.

%2

Not sure what happened here, but I was trying to quote Tisher Price to say that Peck starred with Ava Gardner and Susan Hayward, not Deborah Kerr, in THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO.

• Like 1

I looked up the schedule about Westerns for the Western festival in the Canadian schedule. Then I looked up Gregory Peck's database page here.

He has one film that will be appearing in this festival and it is an epic:

How the West Was Won will air on July 12th.

Costars include but are not limited to:

Spencer Tracy narration

James Stewart

Debbie Reynolds is the main star among women and his (Greg's) wife in the film

Henry Fonda

Richard widmark  (only about 20 minutes)

George Peppard

Carrol Baker

John Wayne

It is an EPIC western.

A reminder that How the West Was Won will be airing this Tuesday, July 12th daytime.

It is the only Gregory Peck film scheduled to air as part of the Western festival this month.

The daytime of Tuesday has primarily WTWW actor - my favourite after Greg - Richard Widmark movies during the daytime.

I looked up the schedule about Westerns for the Western festival in the Canadian schedule. Then I looked up Gregory Peck's database page here.

Spencer Tracy narration

James Stewart

Henry Fonda

George Peppard

Carrol Baker

John Wayne

It is an EPIC western.

I had no idea he was in How the West Was Won... this sounds like the same all star line up for Big Country...did he do a lot of Westerns? I'm gonna watch How the West was Won for sure! Oh yeah another Gregory Peck film I don't own besides Keys to the Kingdom--The Yearling....

• Like 2

ame="Arturo" post="1325877" timestamp="1467638130"]

Not sure what happened here, but I was trying to quote Tisher Price to say that Peck starred with Ava Gardner and Susan Hayward, not Deborah Kerr, in THE SNOWS OF KILIMANJARO.

That's right, Arturo! I think In the back of my mind I was thinking Night of the Iguana. Definitely Susan Hayward. Thanks!

• Like 1

That's right, Arturo! I think In the back of my mind I was thinking Night of the Iguana. Definitely Susan Hayward. Thanks!

It's easy to get film titles mixed up when we have seen so many films of a particular actor.

By the way, regarding Designing Woman:

Bogart was dying during the making of the movie and wanted Bacall to have something to talk about outside of his illness.

When Bogart died, Gregory Peck was the person who accompanied her to the funeral.

Spencer Tracy narration

James Stewart

Henry Fonda

George Peppard

Carrol Baker

John Wayne

It is an EPIC western.

I had no idea he was in How the West Was Won... this sounds like the same all star line up for Big Country...did he do a lot of Westerns? I'm gonna watch How the West was Won for sure! Oh yeah another Gregory Peck film I don't own besides Keys to the Kingdom--The Yearling....

Yes Tisher Price- Greg made a lot of westerns.

It was one of his main genres.

He loved westerns.

By the way, I do have a thread on my third actor of all time in the favourites section too.

"Glenn Ford Fans Here."

I know I said I'd be offline for two weeks, but I changed my mind.

I changed it because I love Glenn Ford and wanted to talk about him.