Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Matthew Broderick

6 posts in this topic

Matthew Broderick is the new guest programmer for the month of May 2016 (see thread about Louis Gossett Jr., as his selections were seemingly postponed). Broderick hosted a monthly spotlight on screwball comedies back in November 2013.

This is what he's chosen to air on Tuesday May 31st:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-02-18%2Bat%2B7.12.0

Matthew Broderick is the new guest programmer for the month of May 2016 (see thread about Louis Gossett Jr., as his selections were seemingly postponed). Broderick hosted a monthly spotlight on screwball comedies back in November 2013.

This is what he's chosen to air on Tuesday May 31st:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-02-18%2Bat%2B7.12.0

It will be interesting to see how Brodrick 'performs' for this.   As you know he was rather deadpanned when he discussed screwball comedies and I wondered if that was an act.       e.g. if he was to host weepie films would he be all screwball?

• Like 2

Who are all the intended guest programmers for 2016-2017.  Are all of them already chosen?

It is my understanding that the guest programmers for a given 'season' on TCM (running from March of one year to the following January) are lined up well in advance. However, this information is not publicized too far in advance.

• Like 1

It is my understanding that the guest programmers for a given 'season' on TCM (running from March of one year to the following January) are lined up well in advance. However, this information is not publicized too far in advance.

I think they wait to make these announcements in case schedules change. And that seems to be what's happened with the Lou Gossett evening.

And to go back to Greg Peck's question-- some of the guests (or their agents) seek TCM out because it ties in with something they're promoting. When Raquel Welch was featured, she talked about a book she had just written. And I would imagine the timing of Joan Collins' appearance was to coincide with her becoming an official British dame.

• Like 1

It will be interesting to see how Brodrick 'performs' for this.   As you know he was rather deadpanned when he discussed screwball comedies and I wondered if that was an act.       e.g. if he was to host weepie films would he be all screwball?

It must have been an act. TCM apparently likes him well enough to invite him back. 

But did you notice, he didn't choose any comedies as guest programmer...? LOL