LawrenceA

A Humphrey Bogart Thread

30 posts in this topic

I've been trying to figure out which year TCM became available here in Canada.

Thanks.  11 years...

CPfan, I ony said that I've been on TCM for eleven years. It's actually been available in Canada less time than that. I was using a grey market provider for a while and getting it via U.S. satellite.

CPfan, I ony said that I've been on TCM for eleven years. It's actually been available in Canada less time than that. I was using a grey market provider for a while and getting it via U.S. satellite.

Okay,  I know it was the year that Shelly Winters died because a tribute to her interrupted the Star of the Month look at Robert Montgomery.  Just checked imdb.

Winters died in 2006.

Therefore, I've had TCM for TEN years. 

I see you have The Enforcer and The Great O'Malley ranked fairly high. That's good news, since I still have those to look forward to.

The Great O'Malley is really Pat O'Brien's film.  Bogie does play an important role in the film, but Pat is the protagonist.  It's a sweet, emotional kind of film about humanity.

The Enforcer finds Bogart as a district attorney looking to put the crime syndicate "Murder Inc." out of business.  While he's the driving force, his screen time isn't heavy as you'd think.  The film focuses on the crooks a decent amount, and does so with great interest.  It's an underrated crime pic.

• Like 4

Okay,  I know it was the year that Shelly Winters died because a tribute to her interrupted the Star of the Month look at Robert Montgomery.  Just checked imdb.

Winters died in 2006.

Therefore, I've had TCM for TEN years. 

They've got a wine that'll clear that up for you.

• Like 1