Sign in to follow this  
JoeMastro

Sorry Ben, wrong about "Marty" filming location

3 posts in this topic

In his opening intro to "Marty", Ben Mankiewicz stated that Ernest Borgnine had played mostly heavies prior to "Marty", in fact he had killed Frank Sinatra two years earlier in "From Here To Eternity"..."...a fact that the people in the Brooklyn neighborhood where Marty was filmed never let Borgnine forget.  I've checked multiple sources and they all stated that "Marty" was filmed on Bronx locations and the borough of Brooklyn was never mentioned.

In his opening intro to "Marty", Ben Mankiewicz stated that Ernest Borgnine had played mostly heavies prior to "Marty", in fact he had killed Frank Sinatra two years earlier in "From Here To Eternity"..."...a fact that the people in the Brooklyn neighborhood where Marty was filmed never let Borgnine forget.  I've checked multiple sources and they all stated that "Marty" was filmed on Bronx locations and the borough of Brooklyn was never mentioned.

But it makes for more interesting copy to have Ben read the other version. I sincerely doubt he writes those intros...he is just reading what someone else put on the TelePrompTer, whether it's true or not. They've received criticism for other goofs in the past, but they keep right on going. LOL

What I get from this post,  is that people in Brooklyn are so stupid they can't separate the actions of an actor from the character he is playing.