Sign in to follow this  
bonyoldrajah

Maria Montez & Jon Hall: Demand Their Universal Films on DVD

6 posts in this topic

Readers of this post:

Do you value the beauty and talent of actress Maria Montez? Are you curious about/would you enjoy seeing the exotic Universal films in which she appeared with Jon Hall? Would you buy these films if Universal Studios Home Entertainment released them to DVD? LET UNIVERSAL KNOW! Please join me in requesting that the following buried treasures be unearthed, restored, and distributed as part of a DVD box set:

Arabian Nights (1942)

White Savage (1943)

Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves (1944)

Cobra Woman (1944)

Gypsy Wildcat (1944)

Sudan (1945)

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has already released multi-film DVD box sets of other classic Universal studio greats: Abbott & Costello, Deanna Durbin, W.C. Fields. Let's put the team of Maria Montez and Jon Hall next in line! The more of you who contact Universal and make the request, the greater the potential for success--that is, the higher the volume of requests submitted, the more persuasive evidence Universal will have that there is indeed a demand for these entertaining films they can profitably supply.

PLEASE GO ONLINE TO THE FOLLOWING URL AND FILL OUT THE FORM ACCORDINGLY:

http://www.universalstudios.com/homepage/html/contact_us/contact_form.cgi?email_id=10

I encourage you to reply to this thread and leave a note confirming that YOU were among those who made the demand.

Oh, My GOSH! I just stumbled across this thread! I am hooked on Maria Montez and John Hall!! I have all of the movies you listed except for White Savage, and now I must to have it!! Ha! I will go online right now and fill out the form. I think the whole world should see their films. I have a friend who is the hardest sell on old movies, but I showed him a couple of the Arabian Nights movies with Maria and Jon, and he can't get enough!!!

Great job! I give you nothing but support!

Thanks for leaving a reply, GarboManiac. Hopefully, we'll be the first dominoes in a fall-in-line chain of DVD support for these stars and their films!

One down, five more to go---

In early February 2007, Universal Studios will release to DVD the cinema classic "Arabian Nights." I imagine if it sells well, the studio will consider subsequent Montez/Hall DVD releases. So consider making the purchase.

These are great fantasy adventure films. I picked up 5 of them from AMC some years ago when they ran commercial free. WHITE SAVAGE was not shown, nor was it widely played on TV. My copy came from pre-cable antenna pickup and the colors are badly washed--I sure hope that they issue that one as it is my favorite of the six. I have a few other Montez titles like MYSTERY OF MARIE ROGET,BOMBAY CLIPPER and a new addition, SOUTH OF TAHITI from 1941 with Brian Donlevy. She was one beautiful lady who passed on much too soon

Do you know if Universal has the rights to the Jon Hall film "Hurricane Island" Its the one Jon Hall film I've wanted to see for most of my life and it has never turned up anywhere. It concerns the Ponce de Leon expedition to find the "fountain of youth" in Florida and the founding of the first known European settlement on the North Amercan continent.