Paulll

Who would you rather meet?

900 posts in this topic

On 4/30/2019 at 10:12 AM, Det Jim McLeod said:

Bette Davis, so I could light a cigarette for her

Next-John Lennon or George Harrison?

Bette Davis or Ringo Starr--

But seriously John Lennon.....

Next:

William Holden or Gregory Peck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an extremely tough question to answer!! 

 

I would have to give the slight edge to William Holden. L.A. At Last is my favorite episode of I Love Lucy - would have loved to talk to him about it.

 

Would you rather meet Vivien Leigh or Bette Davis?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Paulll said:

That's an extremely tough question to answer!! 

 

I would have to give the slight edge to William Holden. L.A. At Last is my favorite episode of I Love Lucy - would have loved to talk to him about it.

 

Would you rather meet Vivien Leigh or Bette Davis?

 

This oughta be a tough question but for me it couldn't be--

The one and only Miss Davis.

 

Next:

Frank Sinatra or Judy Garland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have loved to meet both but, with Judy, I would spend the whole time trying to help her straighten out her life (its my nature, I can't help it).

With Frank, we can talk about old times, drink, hang out. So Frank

Next: Katherine Hepburn or Audrey Hepburn ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GGGGerald said:

I would have loved to meet both but, with Judy, I would spend the whole time trying to help her straighten out her life (its my nature, I can't help it).

With Frank, we can talk about old times, drink, hang out. So Frank

Next: Katherine Hepburn or Audrey Hepburn ?

 

This is a hard one. It would depend on the mood I was in. Kate could be difficult if you hit her the wrong way.

So if I wasn't up to it, I think I would pick Audrey. For no other reason than that beautiful natural French accent.

Next:

Lucille Ball or Desi Arnaz?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucille Ball! I know Desi was laid back, but I Love Lucy!!!!

Who would you rather meet, Norma Shearer or Claudette Colbert?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is really easy--

I've been a fan of Claudette Colbert and her romantic comedies since I was a kid, but that's only one side of the coin.

Norma Shearer is not just a pedestrian actress, but she's also one of the most despicable Hollywood personalities that I've ever researched.

Speaking of which---

 Louis B Mayer or Irving G Thalberg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, Princess of Tap said:

Louis B Mayer or Irving G Thalberg?

Thalberg, so I could hear his Marx Brothers stories.

On that note-

Harpo or Chico Marx?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Thalberg, so I could hear his Marx Brothers stories.

On that note-

Harpo or Chico Marx?

Harpo because I loved his harp and I want to hear more about him working with Lucy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irene Dunne, I would like to hear about what she did after retiring early

Next-Laird Cregar or Victor Buono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alfred Hitchcock

Next:  Shirley Temple or Margaret O'Brien?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I can't remember a time when that wouldn't have been hard. But they're both such good friends and I bet they both could tell tales on the other one. But I guess Warren loom's the largest there.

Next:

 Sandra Dee or Tuesday Weld

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Tuesday Weld.  But they've both worked with interesting people.

 

Next:  Woody Allen or Roman Polanski

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Robert Aldrich   He'd have some interesting Bette Davis, Joan Crawford stories

Next: John Huston or John Ford?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Peebs said:

Robert Aldrich   He'd have some interesting Bette Davis, Joan Crawford stories

Next: John Huston or John Ford?

There's no contest here for me-- Anjelica's father and Bogart's friend

Next: Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gene Kelly.  I like both but  I saw an interview with Astaire (on Dick Cavette maybe?) and I remember him being a pretty dull interview.  Kelly seems like he'd be a little more lively at a party.

Next: James Dean or Montgomery Clift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Gene Kelly.  I like both but  I saw an interview with Astaire (on Dick Cavette maybe?) and I remember him being a pretty dull interview.  Kelly seems like he'd be a little more lively at a party.

Next: James Dean or Montgomery Clift

(Fred Astaire was always very careful about what he said in public. You have to know something about his work to enjoy his interviews.

For the sake of tap dancing, I think I might have picked Gene Kelly because you could break down his steps and see exactly what he was doing and then do it on your level. Most of the Astaire stuff was just incomprehensible to the ordinary human being.)

MONTY!

Next:

Alfred Hitchcock  or  David O. Selznick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

You have to know something about his work to enjoy his interviews.

I do know a little about his work although I'm sure not as much as you.  Not every great artist makes a great interview.  I'd still rather meet Gene Kelly but I do like both.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

MONTY!

Next:

Alfred Hitchcock  or  David O. Selznick

Alfred Hitchcock.  

Next:  Mick Jagger or David Bowie?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us