Sign in to follow this  
LarryDarrow

Cat People?

7 posts in this topic

i'm not certain but i believe cat people was shown a few months ago under cult movies for the month.

i've heard alot about this movie and would like to see it but i keep missing it whenever they show it. =(

Well, perhaps both the original and remake of Cat People (both excellent films btw) wouldnt fall into the cult CATegory(har!), I would definitely say that the sequel to the original, "Curse of the Cat People" would.

Curse of the Cat People. Fantastic Film!!!!!!!! Saw both of them for the first time a few months ago and I agree that 'Curse' is a true cult film.

I think Cat Woman just counts as a bad film.

I think so. The 1942 original of Cat People does anyway. Curse of the Cat People in fact is probably even more of a cult movie, since it doesn't really fit neatly into a particular genre - it's odd and quirky and rather strange, and it's a remarkably good movie.

The 1982 remake of Cat People is simply a terrible movie, with no redeeming features whatever. Not even entertaining in a "so bad it's good" way.

I agree. "Cat People," the Lewton original, is terrific because while the film reads like a normal horror movie, with normal people (the American husband and the American woman who loves him) threatened by weird people (the Serbian wife and the evil psychiatrist), when you watch the movie, you end up sympathizing with the weird people.

"Curse of the Cat People" isn't exactly a horror movie, but it has terrifying moments and is very well done.

The 1982 "Cat People" is just bad. I read in Premier magazine years later that the director admitted he was abusing cocaine while he filmed the movie, and he had nothing good to say about it.