Sign in to follow this  
TopBilled

Candice Bergen

7 posts in this topic

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-03-04%2Bat%2B6.54.4

Tuesday June 14th:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-03-03%2Bat%2B6.00.3

Candice was directed by Mike Nichols in another film. And she costarred with Gene Hackman a few times. Too bad she didn't pick one of her father's movies. Or one of her own, like SOLDIER BLUE.

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-03-04%2Bat%2B6.55.3

Tuesday June 14th:

Screen%2Bshot%2B2016-03-03%2Bat%2B6.00.3

Candice was directed by Mike Nichols in another film. And she costarred with Gene Hackman a few times.

While they don't have any scenes together, both Candice Bergen and John Huston also appear in THE WIND AND THE LION (1975), nearly three decades after Huston directed THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (1948).

• Like 1

While they don't have any scenes together, both Candice Bergen and John Huston also appear in THE WIND AND THE LION (1975), nearly three decades after Huston directed THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE (1948).

I was kind of surprised she picked SIERRA MADRE. It doesn't seem like the kind of film a fashionable actress would choose, so it will be interesting to see what her reasons were. I was glad she selected the Max Ophuls picture. It's one of the best. Candice's late husband, the director Louis Malle, might have been inspired by Ophuls' work.

I was kind of surprised she picked SIERRA MADRE. It doesn't seem like the kind of film a fashionable actress would choose, so it will be interesting to see what her reasons were. I was glad she selected the Max Ophuls picture. It's one of the best. Candice's late husband, the director Louis Malle, might have been inspired by Ophuls' work.

Yea,  Sierra Madre did stand out as 'odd' to me as well.   

Yea,  Sierra Madre did stand out as 'odd' to me as well.   

Maybe she's like Bob Newhart (who picked SUNSET BOULEVARD)...keeping us on our toes..!

Maybe she's like Bob Newhart (who picked SUNSET BOULEVARD)...keeping us on our toes..!

Yea, she is keeping us on our toes because like you I'm very interested in her intro.   Hey, maybe she just has a lust for gold. 

• Like 1

Yea, she is keeping us on our toes because like you I'm very interested in her intro.   Hey, maybe she just has a lust for gold. 

Yes, maybe. Or it could be something as simple as she used to watch THE TREASURE OF THE SIERRA MADRE with her dad. When Bob asks her, 'so why did you select this film,' we will all be watching.

If her answer is a good one, maybe she will be next in line as a co-host of Essentials. :)