36 posts in this topic

Thanks for sharing my Ford link.  I did not even realize there was a favorites section.  You learn something new everyday....lol.  Looks like your thread has captured some serious Ford fans.

There is also a genre section that you can find at the bottom of the page when you are on the original forums page - the one on the very left hand side.

• Like 1

I'm heading off to choir and I have a very good reason for wanting people to pay attention to this thread and help out in the Games and Trivia threads here:

MOVIE SCRAMBLE

and

ULTIMATE MOVIA TRIVIA

This thread I think will help answer both questions which I posed.

The Glenn Ford movie in The Ultimate Trivia question has a chance of being answered now.

The movie title is the same title in the Movie Scramble thread.

Glenn Ford is the Western movie star in the answer of the question, but his co-star was not William Holden.

The reason I am posting here these clues, for people who do not take part in the games and trivia thread is that a clue I gave stated that I am a fan of the star and created a thread in the Favourites section.  I did this because there are plenty of people in the games and trivia forum who only look in the forum and not elsewhere when looking for answers.

Trivia thread update:

STARLITEYES HAS ANSWERED THE MOVIE SCRAMBLE TITLE WHICH IS ALSO THE ANSWER TO THE ULTIMATE TRIVIA QUSTION.

ARSON GESTS  TO POST THE NEXT ULTIMATE TRIVIA QUESTION AS SOON AS HE ANSWERS WHAT FILM JACK LEMMON AND GLENN FORD MADE TOGETHER.

I had visions of these threads taking a week like the Describe the scene game has done and I am simply not willing to let that happen.

Thus I used this Glenn Ford thread AS A CLUE.

Thanks, all.

COWBOY:

This is a western starring Glenn Ford and Jack Lemmon.

Jack Lemmon had never ridden a horse before.  His character had never ridden a horse before.  So Columbia saved time on filming by shooting the movie in chronological order.

That was the question, title, and answer that I asked in Ultimate Movie Trivia.

Usually, movies are not filmed in chronological order.  This one was.

So was Stalag 17 so people who had not seen the play on Broadway in the cast and crew would have a realistic reaction when the spy's identity was revealed.

• Like 1

YOUNG MAN WITH IDEAS is currently airing on TCM  as part of the birthday salute to Horton.

This is a delightful comedy  and I encourage people to watch it.

• Like 1

Today is the 100th birthday of Glenn Ford.

Gilda is my favourite Glenn Ford movie and it airs first as part of a double feature tonight which is then followed by A Stolen Life.

• Like 1

Today is the 100th birthday of Glenn Ford.

Gilda is my favourite Glenn Ford movie and it airs first as part of a double feature tonight which is then followed by A Stolen Life.

Get-TV shows a lot of Ford films.   He might be the actor they show the most.   This is because Get-TV mostly shows firms from Columbia studios.

• Like 1

Get-TV shows a lot of Ford films.   He might be the actor they show the most.   This is because Get-TV mostly shows firms from Columbia studios.

The Canadian channel Silver Screen Classics airs his movies a lot too.

I've had a fabulous time with today's Glenn Ford westerns.

Most of them I've sen before and love to rewatch.

I believe I have seen 3:10 to Yuma several times a short while.

Head on over to Ultimate Movie Rankings and check out my requested Glenn Ford page.

He is my third favourite  actor of all time.

1. Gregory Peck

2. Richard Widmark

3. Glenn Ford.