Sign in to follow this  
Borninthe40s

Why have On Demand movies on TV all but disappeared?

60 posts in this topic

While I use the Watch TCM app on my tablet, I also like to watch on the big screen. In the past couple of weeks, selections have dwindled to now just one, Double Indemnity (great flick). Can someone explain? Thanks!

• Like 1

Funny you should mention that. I have Comcast on Demand and last night I went to look for TCM and it wasn't there. Waiting for TCM to be

available for Roku. 

• Like 5

While I use the Watch TCM app on my tablet, I also like to watch on the big screen. In the past couple of weeks, selections have dwindled to now just one, Double Indemnity (great flick). Can someone explain? Thanks!

I just looked at the WATCH TCM Movies On Demand list, using Mozilla Firefox ver 4 web browser from my PC

http://www.tcm.com/watchtcm/movies/

And aside from movies still airing live, there were listed most of the titles that have aired within the last two weeks, as available to view

I  am aware that viewing that list is browser "sensitive." And due to the numerous and "ongoing" WATCH TCM app revisions, what used to work great in the past, often becomes problematic or stops working completely.

i.e. IE ver 9 and Google Chrome ver 4 used to work flawlessly several months ago, not anymore....

The TCM app is still way too buggy for many persons to use with any consistency, or at all...

Check out the following board's numerous threads and posts.

PROBLEMS with TCM.com

http://forums.tcm.com/index.php?/forum/75-problems-with-tcmcom/

TCM is no longer on my ON Demand listings from Comcast.

Does anyone know why?

Have Charter Cable with On Demand.  I called recently and was told that the "network" decides what to place On Demand.

Have noticed in the past that TCM only had a few movies, several movies or wasn't On Demand at all.  Week or two later it was back.

Have also noticed that the other "primetime free" networks, such as FX, are now preventing fast forwarding through commercials.  Also prevents pausing, but I found that I can stop the show and then just come back to my rentals later and restart where I left off.  if I do it within a day.

Hey Folks

I've passed on all your comments re TCM not available on Comcast On Demand. 

I am not sure what the issue might be, but the team that deals with that will be looking at it. 

Thanks for letting us know!

• Like 2

Please, Please, Please!! TCM..can you tell me WHY??? TCM has stopped On Demand with Comcast? I called Comcast and they said it was you guys who removed it. I can not watch online. I watch TCM everyday, a big FAN! I have called every  number given to me for TCM and am not allowed to talk to anyone...Just leave message. I have messaged here twice, no response. The only reason I have kept Comcast is to be able to watch TCM and TCM on demand movies. What is going on guys? We love you, why take away our capability  to watch on tv cable on demand movies which I pay a lot to do? Can anyone please let us know why? Jacksonville, Fl TCM lover!

This is a very sad development. TCM and TCM ON DEMAND has always been my number one movie network. Please bring TCM ON DEMAND back and with more than just a few titles.

• Like 1

I've also noticed that TCM is no longer ON DEMAND. I called COMCAST, they said that Comcast has a third party vendor , the Third Party Vendor is ON DEMANAD who handles the contracts to the stations that appear on ON DEMAND and TCM most probably no longer has a contract. Either TCM cancelled it or ON Demand cancelled TCM. The Third Party ( ON DEMAND) makes the decision as to what stations are ON DEMAND,  (Comcast does not make those decisions, according to the Comcast rep).

Hopefully the Moderator will get an answer for us and hopefully this will be straightened out, REALLY MISS TCM ON DEMAND

• Like 1

Yes, I noticed that as well.  First there were very few films available (2-3 instead of the usual 10) and now it is completely gone.  Very disappointing.

Lydecker

Send a letter to Coleman Breland, President, Turner Network Sales, 1050 Techwood Drive Northwest, Atlanta GA  30318.

Thank you TCMModerator1.  

Comcast's response to our inquiries seems jumbled at best.  I have reviewed several short threads on this issue in the Help Forums at Comcast.com.  The Comcast employees have responded to these threads, stating that the issue of TCM no longer being available through On Demand listings is now a "known issue" and will be looked into. One employee specifically stated that there was no estimated time when an answer would be provided. 

The Comcast reps handling these same inquiries on the phone seem to be giving some interesting explanations: TCM controls it, so don't look at us; On Demand is a separate vendor outside our control, so don't look at us, etc.  I'll add the information I obtained when I called on Saturday just to provide a little more texture to their responses thus far.  The Comcast rep told me that TCM was eliminated because TBS and TNT offered the same material--after all, these three cable channels all begin with the word Turner--thus making TCM's On Demand offerings an unnecessary duplication.       Check.

After politely clarifying how wildly TCM differs from TBS/TNT, I was told that my inquiry was being elevated and I would hear back from someone at some point.  I suspect if I ever receive a return call, the response to my inquiry may circle back to the "don't look at us" categories listed above.

Any definitive information on what is going on is very much appreciated, TCMModerator1.  Thank you again.  

• Like 1

Hey everybody

TCM is aware of this issue, and are working hard to get it resolved!  

Thank you for your patience :)

Glad to hear that, but maybe you could get an official answer to the question?

Who decides what will be offered On Demand on Charter, ComCast, etc.?  Is it TCM, the cable company or some third party company?

Incidentally, TCM is not on my Charter On Demand as of yesterday at least.

Glad to hear that, but maybe you could get an official answer to the question?

Who decides what will be offered On Demand on Charter, ComCast, etc.?  Is it TCM, the cable company or some third party company?

Incidentally, TCM is not on my Charter On Demand as of yesterday at least.

That's an interesting development, that TCM is not on Charter On Demand either. Hmm..Comcast and Charter.

I just checked the Comcast Help Forums--noon CDT, April 6-- and after some continued prodding from online customers, a Comcast employee has apologized for the delay in getting our questions answered about TCM's sudden unavailability through Comcast On Demand.  

The Comcast employee stated that they and TCM and its vendor were working on the issue, further stating that a technical issue was preventing Comcast from returning TCM content to their On Demand platform.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

Looks like TCM is back among the networks for Comcast's On Demand listings!  It must have been added back sometime late this morning, at least in the Twin Cities area.  Thank you to TCM and Comcast for resolving this, and thank you to all of the TCM posters for bringing this to their attention.

There are only three movies available on TCM On Demand via Comcast/Xfinity.  

Not long ago, there were three screens full.  What's going on?  

• Like 1

Not long ago, there were three screens full.   

Same here in the Twin Cities.  When TCM went missing as of April 2 from On Demand, it returned on April 6 with just over a dozen films listed.  Now those films are expiring, one by one, with no new films to replace them.  We are down to three films as of today for On Demand viewing, and all three films expire tomorrow.  I've posted a question about this on the Comcast Help Forums.  Hopefully it will be remedied soon.  

• Like 1

Not long ago, there were three screens full.  What's going on?  

TCM has decided to limit how many movies it shows On Demand.  Simple as that.

Pehaps it is now down to 3 , because there is no fresh posting of titles during the weekend. Just a hopeful guess on my part.

TCM has decided to limit how many movies it shows On Demand.  Simple as that.

Hello TheCid:  As of tomorrow, all three of the films currently listed today via TCM On Demand will expire.  Since Wendesday, all of the films that have expired have not been replaced with another offering.  If the present trend continues, and the remaining three are not replaced after tomorrow, there will be no further films available.  Where are you getting your information from?  Thanks very much.

• Like 1

This is fun.  TCM has now--again--been completely deleted from the networks offering films via Comcast's On Demand listings.  This is the second time it has happened in 8 days.  Looks like with the expiration of the three films listed yesterday, and continuing with the failure to add films as they expired beginning last Wednesday, the network is once more no longer available through On Demand.  We went through all this last week.  Do we really need the practice?

TCM--you need to get involved in resolving this.  

• Like 1