Sign in to follow this  
nygirl1089

Does anybody kno

8 posts in this topic

I've been extremly bored this summer...

so does anybody kno of any good biographies on some stars that would be interestin to read

i read through

Gene Kelly-- Life of a dancer

Fred Astaire-- Steps in TIme

n Danny Kaye--- Nobody's fool

anybody got some suggetsions

thanks a million imma continue ma search now

ttyl

Here are some that I enjoyed:

Me by Katharine Hepburn

Life is a Banquet by Rosalind Russell

Being and Becoming by Myrna Loy

Yes, I Can! by Sammy Davis, Jr.

The Bennetts: An Acting Family by Brian Kellow (sp?)

Sandy K

"Ava Gardner" by Lee Server

"Tallulah, My Autobigraphy" by Tallulah Bankhead

"Rita Hayworth: A Photographic Retrospective" by Carol Roberts-Frenzel

Well, it blurs the line on ?biography?but all the words were real... There was a really fun book I read about 10 years ago called Hollywood Royalty and it was an interesting concept where the author interviewed 24 living legends of hollywood and then created an imaginary dinner party at Hearsts mansion during the golden era of hollywood. There he took these stars modern comments and created `conversations?as if all the stars were actually together at this party decades ago and discussed various topics, people, etc. etc..

It was a fun read with some interesting insight. Some funny stories too.

Here is a link to the book.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1559721502/sr=1-13/qid=1153315655/ref=sr_1_13/104-1050257-6806315?ie=UTF8&s=books

If you can find them get David Niven's "The Moon's A Balloon" and "Bring On The Empty Horses" they are a fun read. Niven is very funny.

I suggest the Mark Vaz biogrpahy of Merrian Cooper - Living Dangerously: The Adventures of Merian C. Cooper, Creator of King Kong. Cooper led a life of high adventure that, in many ways, outshone his many screen considerable accomplishments. We get to read about his remarkable survival of a plane crash during WWI (when he nearly jumped from the burning plane to commit suicide then, discovering his gunner was still alive, crawled back into the flaming cockpit to land the plane and pull him to safety), his escape from a Soviet gulag, his time with the Flying Tigers during WWII, his repeated rounds of building massive fortunes only to walk away from them to pursue other interests and his amazing prescience in knowing where the movie public was going and always getting there first.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1400062764/102-3283034-3288916?v=glance&n=283155