Sign in to follow this  
weAponX

"Commamche Blanco" with William Shatner and Joseph Cotton

4 posts in this topic

-HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What is funny is that Shatner filmed this between Star Dreck seasons. So, his preposterous pontifications sound a whole lot like... Captain... Kirk.

Ahaha!

Also you'll notice that in fight scenes he fights like captain kirk, there is a thing he does with his arm, like a delayed stiff-arm. He reaches back like he's winding up for a baseball pitch- Then he shoves his fist into the guys face. HAHA! I've seen him do that on star trek a lot. Kind of like his delayed speech. (Funny cos he never used to talk like that in earlier roles)

Someone at IMDB called this an enchilada western, cos of it's Spanish origin: I wonder if it was filmed in Spain? Cos some of the locations look a lot like where Kirk beat up Finnegan in the ST episode "Shore Leave." (But, I did not see any huge rabbits running about).

Funny: Shatner was in some good films in his time, Judgement at Nuremberg, The Brothers Karamazov... But there is one film, it is not listed over at the other place: He played a preacher, one of three people waiting at a train stop, and each of them are remembering a story, in three different ways....

Oh Yah: I found it, "The Outrage" - Laurence Harvey and Paul Newman were also in it. Great moovie.

Cotton has a small but good part in this, just an old sheriff. There was not very many parts Cotton played that he fouled up (Unlike the other co-star hehe)

This film is too 60's- The music sounds like Star Treck music. There is one actress "Rosanna Yani" - I would not say she was a very good actress, but she looked like all the actresses that ever played star trek parts.

So.. I would say it is impossible to watch "Kirk" in this film and not think of Kirk! This film was doomed from it's inception cos once Shatner became Kirk, he became Kirk forever. And in your mind, you cannot tell yourself "Well, this is William Shatner PLAYING and "indian" - I did like seeing Cotton though, who looked pretty good for his age in this film.

Message was masticated by:

weAponX

Hello there...I just watched it too, just to hear Shatner's Indian yell.

If this is an enchilada western, it would have to be described as pure "Tacky-o Bell"...too long under the old heat lamp.

How ever did he get his voice to echo like that when he was rallying his Comanche brethren to action? Maybe he had some kind of gadget akin to the Universal Translator in those designer jeans of his...and the most un-Western-looking belt buckle ever sported by a cowpoke in Western history!

One thing I did admire - although I hesitate to admit it - was the degree of marksmanship displayed by the cowboys here...so many shots to the head/between the eyes from long range - simply astounding!

I was fascinated by the horses in the film, high-stepping along the trails and through the town...I didn't know dressage horses needed the extra work.

"preposterous pontifications", eh? Some astute alliteration on your part - a tip of the hat for that...

The music was pseudo-jazz/cocktail/intermission noise pollution from some lounge that I wouldn't be caught dead or alive in. Strangely, though, it often synchronized with the horses' hooves...those wacky Europeans must have been practising overtime clacking their cocoanuts together - shades of "...The Holy Grail"!

I wonder if this was filmed before or after the ST episode where Kirk got a knock on the head and fancied himself an Indian...

Now that you mention the locations, I didn't see any tigers or Samurai warriors either so I don't think you're on the right track... :-)

All that said, this film is worth missing [and I don't say that very often...]. The only laughter I could muster was of the risible/scornful variety - unfortunate, indeed.

Message was edited by:

wordmaster

> How ever did he get his voice to echo like that when

> he was rallying his Comanche brethren to action?

> Maybe he had some kind of gadget akin to the

> Universal Translator in those designer jeans of

> his...

HAHA! I like your thinking friend... Sounds like we are on the same wavelength- Or at least from the same planet! Hehe!

If they can show this moovie, then they can show "I Dismember Mama" (The Film that Mankeweiczs said they would never show on TCM)

Much to my [mis]fortune, I am unfamiliar with this "I Dismember Mama" of which you speak.

After a brief detour to imdb, I notice that film patrons were provided with free paper "Up Chuck Cups" for their personal use during the film - how quaint...

Would that such little touches as these could be provided nowadays...for oh so many reasons...