Sign in to follow this  
movieman1989

2016 Guest Wish List

6 posts in this topic

I'm just curious who everyone would like to see on this years cruise? In the past I've put down Veronica Cartwright, Alan Alda, Haley Mills, Doris Day, and Shirley MacLaine, just to name a few. I would love to see Debbie Reynolds even though she's been on before; I wasn't on that cruise, and everyone says she was fantastic, even better than Ruta Lee who in my opinion was easily one of the best last year.

I have a feeling that Debbie might not be in the best of health these days, but I don't really know. She wasn't able to come to the ceremony to receive the Jean Hersholt award and the clip I saw the other day has her son talking about her receiving it. She was pretty good on the cruise a couple of years ago.

I would think I'd died and gone to wherever if Julie Andrews were to come on the next one. I love her so much, but I don't know if she is interested in this sort of thing. Dick Van Dyke would be great too. A couple of others I'd like to see would be Mel Brooks and James Earl Jones. I also think it would be fun to have a few of the old child stars from Disney like Hayley Mills, but it seems like a lot of them that I liked such as James MacArthur & Kevin Corcoran are gone now.

I'm booked now and I'm glad this time we'll be sailing out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami. I'm beginning to hate that place.

• Like 1

I have a feeling that Debbie might not be in the best of health these days, but I don't really know. She wasn't able to come to the ceremony to receive the Jean Hersholt award and the clip I saw the other day has her son talking about her receiving it. She was pretty good on the cruise a couple of years ago.

I would think I'd died and gone to wherever if Julie Andrews were to come on the next one. I love her so much, but I don't know if she is interested in this sort of thing. Dick Van Dyke would be great too. A couple of others I'd like to see would be Mel Brooks and James Earl Jones. I also think it would be fun to have a few of the old child stars from Disney like Hayley Mills, but it seems like a lot of them that I liked such as James MacArthur & Kevin Corcoran are gone now.

I'm booked now and I'm glad this time we'll be sailing out of Port Canaveral instead of Miami. I'm beginning to hate that place.

I would just die if Mel Brooks came (Carl Reiner would be good too)! I didn't put him on my list because every year prior I have put someone who I really want to see, and they unfortunately pass away before they announce the guests! It happened with Lauren Bacall and Omar Sharif, so I am always wary with who I put.

I've been on 4 of 5 cruises and I've put Mel & Julie on my surveys as people that I'd like to see. They're both still kicking so in the future I'll list them for you. LOL.

How about some more from the "golden" age?  Doris Day, Rhonda Fleming, Vera Miles, Anne Jeffreys, Dina Merrill, Barbara Rush, Gloria DeHaven, Mitzi Gaynor, Joan Collins, Kim Novak, Claire Bloom, JoAnne Woodward, Angela Lansbury, Olivia De Havilland, Dorothy Malone, Marge Champion, Janis Paige, Terry Moore, Nancy Olsen, Debra Paget, Marsha Hunt.

• Like 2

I'm curious if they will try to get Leslie Caron again. She was supposed to come last year, but ended up having to cancel. Every year I have gone, at least one of the guests was unable to go. My first time it was Bob Mackie, then Roger Corman, (who thankfully came the following year), then Leslie Caron.