Sign in to follow this  
mgoose56

Does anyone recognize this film?

3 posts in this topic

I am at a loss finding a movie, and so of course, I thought of you wink emoticon A man I met today was telling me a story about his older brother, Floyd C. Vaughn, losing his life when he boarded a plane AFTER serving 4 years in WWII. He was on his way home from Germany, in 1945 or 46 when his plane crashed into a mountain (maybe in Italy). The wreckage wasn't found for about a year, when a mountain climber discovered it, removed all the dog tags, and turned them in. Later a movie was made about this incident, but the brother doesn't remember the name of this B&W film. Is there any way any you can help me find this movie for this hero's brother? Thank you for you consideration in this endeavor.

The only one I can think of right now is "Fate is the Hunter" (1964) starring Glenn Ford and Suzanne Pleshette. I don't think this is the one you are describing though. I will keep looking.

The only one I can think of right now is "Fate is the Hunter" (1964) starring Glenn Ford and Suzanne Pleshette. I don't think this is the one you are describing though. I will keep looking.

As I recall that one had the pilot trying to land on a beach and slamming the plane into a pier.