Sign in to follow this  
wonderbar

locatetv.com

6 posts in this topic

Locatetv.com announced it is closing up in a couple of weeks.

Locatetv has a great feature that allowed you to load movie title/tv show /actor/actress names  into a personal database along with your current cable system.  When ever one of the listed movies etc. appeared on channel offered by your cable provider locatetv let you know by email and/or you could check your locatetv account (free) and it showed all "your" movies etc. choices

appearing for the next two week period.

Does anyone know of another website that does the above?

Locatetv had many other great features such as episode guide,short movie descriptions and providing two week schedules for any channel you chose.

I agree it was a helpful site and I used it occasionally to reference things. But its pages were often slow to load. And they only had information for two weeks. I like to see schedules a month or two in advance.

I agree it was a helpful site and I used it occasionally to reference things. But its pages were often slow to load. And they only had information for two weeks. I like to see schedules a month or two in advance.

Gee, too bad there is not a site which shows advance schedules like three months in advance so I can plan my vacations in Europe better! Nothing worse than finding out TCM is showing the restored "King Kong" with the spider pit sequence restored and I'm stuck in the Vatican gift shop.

• Like 1

TitanTV might be worth a look - it gives you customizable 2 week listings, along with some rudimentary search/favorites/reminder functionality.

Other than individual channel sites (like TCM), I'm not aware of any place to get > 2 weeks of schedules - certainly, not for free.

Gee, too bad there is not a site which shows advance schedules like three months in advance so I can plan my vacations in Europe better! Nothing worse than finding out TCM is showing the restored "King Kong" with the spider pit sequence restored and I'm stuck in the Vatican gift shop.

Just ask the chap behind the...

Hang on a mo' *checks a list of Legion favorites* Hmm, seems OK...

Now, where was I?... yeah, just ask the chap behind the counter to change the channel on the gift shop's on-wall big screen TV, that's kept especially for Atletico San Lorenzo di Almagro footy matches...

The key feature I am looking for is the ability to load say 100 movies titles and the site lets me know when they show up on a channel on my cable system.

The key feature I am looking for is the ability to load say 100 movies titles and the site lets me know when they show up on a channel on my cable system.

To some extent, you can do that on the IMDb. If you search specific titles, and they are scheduled to be broadcast in the near future, it will be indicated.