Sign in to follow this  
sudable

OUTRAGED!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Can someone tell me why Doris Day was canceled from Summer Under The Stars with out any out any explanation?

frankie, we already discussed all of this, and how it affected us all. Go to Summer Under the Stars thread and scroll down to the bottom of the page and the top of the previous page to read all of the comments.

I happen to like both Robert and Doris but the star who fitted in with all the others they chose was definitely Doris Day....they should have left it at that.

Okay,leave it to a man to come in and want to turn everything around,by choosing blood over banter.By the way, I'm not into movies with a lot of violence but the Godfather trilogy has always been an exception.Coppola was brilliant,and produced a masterpiece..I never get tired of seeing them.

Godfather 2 was better than Godfather 1. DuVall's character (Hagen) is based on Sid Korsack, a Chicago-Hollywood attorney, now deceased. His brother Marshall was Chicago City Treasurer during the 1st Mayor Daley reign. Sid, is the subject of an upcoming book "Super Mob", due out in September. Ronnie Reagan fans WON'T like it! Sid also testified before the Warren Commission, in regard to his dealings with Jack Ruby!!

Chicago ,and I usually, now especially that I'm retired and the wife deceased, stay up almost all night! I read travel the internet, or watch old movies!!

Well Ken, I'm not much of a sleeper myself either.....can't get my mind to shut off,but, unfortunately am signing off for now, if I can't sleep, I'll be back on later,if you're on we'll 'chat' then.Night now.

Gosh boys, you're all just adorable, sounds like a real 3 way mutual-admiration society starting up.

Outraged, after you see your post, look at the time, Eastern, Central and Pacific are all printed.

My two cents are; I like Doris, but 24 hours of her would be close to 24 hours of Doris Roberts visiting my home! (For those who don't know, the Mother on Everyone Loves Raymond.)

As I stated in another thread, the old stars are long forgotten, so we have to try to find new ones to take over, and Duvall is a good choice. I don't like him in everything, but he does deserve recognition. Actors in their 50' 60' and 70's are dwindling fast, and the list is really short - we have Redford, Hoffman, Newman, Harrison Ford, and Dreyfus and I'm really wracking my brain to find a few more. Even our 'girls' are few and far between, Julia Roberts is getting up there, Sally Field, already is, Shirley MacLaine has been gone for a long time in more ways than one, help(!!!), is there anybody else out there?

Finally, Can you imagine our kids sitting around mulling over the merits of Ben Affleck, (Mark Damon will probably be there), Jake Gyllenhall, and whatever happened to Cuba Gooding(?), I know he's still acting, but in WWhat?

OOOPS!!!

Sorry guys, I didn't mean Outraged, I was teasing CinemaBuff, and Ken 123.

I get a little toooooo sarcastic sometimes.

Please forgive me, but if you re-read your posts, one after another, it is kind of funny.

Im glad they changed it to the Godfather

Doris Day meh

Godfather YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Sono Stanco, e sono Biliato! Cici, A PORTA!

> You are retired at 58!! You #@*(^%)%$@%$#@*! What do

> you have, the luck of the Irish?

The IRISH deserve ALL the luck11....Now when it comes Swedes.......!!!

It is about the OUTRAGED over 50 working class who are chained to their to their labors while the elitist privileged class of retirees, through luck, or whatever, enjoy the . . . !