34 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:01 PM, Paulll said:

My Favorite Actors:

1. Cary Grant

2. Paul Newman

3. James Stewart

4. Pierce Brosnan

5. Jason Priestley

The Greatest Actors: (just an assumption on my part)

1. James Stewart

2. Marlon Brando

3. Humphrey Bogart

4. Johnny Depp

5. Robert De Niro

My Favorite Actresses:

1. NATALIE WOOD!!!

2. Vivien Leigh!

3. Judy Garland!

4. Cyd Charisse

5. Jennifer Aniston

The Greatest Actresses: (again, just another assumption on my part)

1. Bette Davis

2. Meryl Streep

3. Vivien Leigh

4. Ingrid Bergman

5. Katharine Hepburn

*Hey Spence, if you Google greatest actresses of all time; a list pops up at the top of Google, that you can scroll through. Natalie Wood is on that list!!!!

GOOD GOIN' WITH NATALIE!

First of all 4 BIG STARS! For all of your inputs &on that note, quite the contrary has occurred on fans top musicals I also posted about. Obviously due to the network having a MNUSICALS special soon?

I've always included *Walter (Elias) Disney's all-0timers in the musicals-(topo 10)n Despite it being a carton

1957's  "Kill the Rabbit" also a great one

(AGAIN, I HOPE TO DO THE SAME WITH YOIUR ALL-TIMEWOIRESTSIOMETIME LATER)

thahx &keep 'e coming

JUST ONE EXAMPLE, MY MOTHER USED TO SELL THE SUITS/COSTUMES TO THE STRIPPERS DOWN HER & WHENcSHE JUST METIOINED THEN US PRESIDEHT SOMETHING ABOUT BILL CLINTON & THIS IDIOT DANCER ACTUALLY ASKED "WHAT BAND DOIES HE PLAY FOR" unquote

I constantly surf the net & none come close to the cinephiles on here

12 hours ago, spence said:

Maybe next if you folks feel like it, we can compile the all-time worst?

That is much harder.  Even a bad actor can be good if he or she has the perfect part suited to just them.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 9:42 PM, Paulll said:

I will reply later, with a detailed list. But here is my overall favorite actress, in agreement with you, Natalie Wood!!!!

giphy.gif

tumblr_mkcvp7bHtE1qd1gzvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lkwpns9VUS1qakh43o1_500.gifgiphy.gif

tumblr_noh2foZRLD1r8jjn6o1_500.gifThis-Property-is-Condemned-gif-natalie-w

THANK YOU BIG-TIME!    Unfortunately it looks like you were the sole TCM-ITE interested on this one though???  Simply don't understand  Though I greatly respect *Bette she's just not quite among my top 5 all-time finest, but easily $6th place

Only about 90 minutes ago I got something from TCM,etc & folks it doesn't look good for us    Just 1 of the myriad of dilemmas is I've collected more then movies, but books, the original tcm coffee mug, a ultra rare tcm gangster watch, duffel bad & much more

PLEASE SPORTS FANS VOTE!

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:32 PM, Bogie56 said:

That is much harder.  Even a bad actor can be good if he or she has the perfect part suited to just them.

Bogie56,  you missed the point on below poll-(*BOMBED for some reason) was going to compile your favs from tcm.com on possibly the all-time WORST as well, directors & of course movies-(did do a couple in 18yrs) on that ultimate magic of the movies Best & Favorite Music Composers & of course same goes with scores, nobody cared???

Which is totally ridiculous in itsel;f, image *GWTW without that legendary music, *WATERFRONT, *LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, GODFATHER, I AND II, OUT OF AFRICA, VERTIGO, PSYCHO, JAWS & too many to include right here.

7 minutes ago, spence said:

THANK YOU BIG-TIME!    Unfortunately it looks like you were the sole TCM-ITE interested on this one though???  Simply don't understand  Though I greatly respect *Bette she's just not quite among my top 5 all-time finest, but easily $6th place

Only about 90 minutes ago I got something from TCM,etc & folks it doesn't look good for us    Just 1 of the myriad of dilemmas is I've collected more then movies, but books, the original tcm coffee mug, a ultra rare tcm gangster watch, duffel bad & much more

PLEASE SPORTS FANS VOTE!

Not sure what point you're making here,  but if it is that more people didn't vote for Natalie and more for Bette,  how is that so hard to understand.    I voted for Bette as my most favorite actress because to me no one has a stronger film legacy.     But I love Natalie;  such a combination of vulnerability,  beauty,  fire and ice.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Not sure what point you're making here,  but if it is that more people didn't vote for Natalie and more for Bette,  how is that so hard to understand.    I voted for Bette as my most favorite actress because to me no one has a stronger film legacy.     But I love Natalie;  such a combination of vulnerability,  beauty,  fire and ice.   

It's easy James, it's only the difference between PREFERENCE VS. RESPECT

WHAT NO *WALLY BEERY?

Actually he was my now late dad's all-time favorite, but he always rated THE GREAT: TRACY a far superior actor

(TRIVIA: When Mr. Osborne FINALLY & IN THE NICK OF TIME & AFTER TONS OF NAGGING WITHIN THESE FORUMS HE GOT *BORGNINE on & *BEERY WAS ALSO HIS FAVORITE

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:29 AM, MultiEye said:

1. Lon Chaney
2. Bette Davis
3. James Cagney
4. Charlie Chaplin
5. Lucille Ball
6. Boris Karloff
7. Robert Mitchum
8. Orson Welles
9. Marlene Dietrich
10. Johnny Depp

I'm certain you mean Chaney, Sr  right?