Sign in to follow this  
annelindley

TCM NEXT 3 MOVIES, WHO'S THE GIRL IN THE BATHING SUIT?

5 posts in this topic

On the T.V. screen when they show the next 3 movies coming on, there's a girl in a pink, one-piece bathing suit, laying down. My T.V. cuts off her head, it only shows a little bit of her short, brunette, curly hair. Her legs are a little too chunky to be Liz Taylor, or Esther Williams (I think) and it drives me nuts every time I see it, which is at the end of every darn movie this month. Can anybody figure it out? My television set, altho only one year old is a flat screen, but is not a free standing screen, it has a frame around it.

Good morning, "formerly"! I just saw the mystery bathing suit girl for the first time this morning - before that I didn't know what the heck you were talking about! LOL!

So, I will toss my hat in the ring by saying I think it's Ava Gardner - since I am reading the new biography of her and although she had a gorgeous figure, her thighs were a bit thick. From the style of the suit, I would say it's from the 40's. Anyone else have any guesses?

-Susan

Thanks Susan for your reply. I agree about the suit, I just realized they use a different 'next 3 movies screen' every few days. I wish a few more would join in while the TCM Admins sit and giggle at my perplexity.

By the way, instead of formerly I prefer 'princess' if you please.

oo

-_- this is my smily face since I can't get my flash to work.

Pardon me, Princess! (insert smiley emoticon here, since I am tech challenged). Upon reflection of our pin-up girl, maybe it's HEDY? Whaddya think?

-Susan

I noticed it for the first time last night (during Richard Dix Day), and thought how my old art school compatriots would have had a field day deconstructing how that image was composed; i.e., cutting off the head of the bathing beauty... At the time that I saw it, I assumed it was Sue Lyon (1962's Lolita). But I see that Mrs. Lindley noted the figure is a brunette. So now I'm stumped too. At any rate, it's nice to know what Mr. L. was talking about.

:)