Hibi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DORIS DAY!

314 posts in this topic

Wonderful!

(Somebody finally realizes that this milestone of her 95th birthday is too important to ignore)

Doris Day in 2017

doris95_zpsmvsn5l1i.jpg

“Doris is in great health and we now learn she’s even closer to being a centenarian. I will not be at all surprised if we’re celebrating her 100th in five more years.” her publicist Charley Cullen Walters

All the stuff she sang in LOVE ME OR LEAVE was great. The only one of her signature songs that I really like is "It's Magic", from ROMANCE ON THE HIGH SEAS.

The "Love Me Or Leave Me" soundtrack is great.  I like the movie also.  I think the public mostly thinks of Doris for the second half of her film career, the Rock Hudson /Day type movies and for her later more middle of the road music.  That's cool, but I prefer her early stuff and her early musicals.  For swing jazz fans she cut some good tracks with Les Brown.

Wonderful!

(Somebody finally realizes that this milestone of her 95th birthday is too important to ignore)

Doris Day in 2017

doris95_zpsmvsn5l1i.jpg

“Doris is in great health and we now learn she’s even closer to being a centenarian. I will not be at all surprised if we’re celebrating her 100th in five more years.” her publicist Charley Cullen Walters

Happy Belated Birthday to Doris!!

Still pulling out "The Christmas Album" during the Holidays.

Wonderful!

Doris Day in 2017

doris95_zpsmvsn5l1i.jpg

What a great picture! Hope I look that good at 95. (though I doubt I'll get anywhere near that age (LOL)......

Happy 95th Birthday, Doris!!!

TCM probably picked Tea for Two to show Doris as a great dancer.

My favourite scene from the film

Yes. A great dance number!

LOL. Yes, She seem to be Closer's favorite Cover Girl.......

It does seem a bit tacky for AP to present her birth certificate to Doris like that. What can she say? Like she lied for the past 70 years? Who really cares anyway. Glad she has a sense of humor about it......

• Like 1

So glad that it's official for 1922.  I wouldn't want Doris to get into trouble for voting in the 1944 election for voter fraud.

giphy%201_zpsounahg2g.gif

• Like 1

Opinion: Doris Day's 95th birthday is numerically special

By Aziz Inan

"As I looked into numbers related to her, I noticed that Day’s 95th birthday is numerically special in a hidden way. Why?

If numbers one to 26 are assigned to the letters of the English alphabet as A being one, B being two, C being three, etc., the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters of Doris Day equal 95!

Last year, Day celebrated her 94th birthday on the 94th day of 2016, which was 4/3/2016!

Day’s 93rd birthday expressed as 04/03/2015 was also special because if one splits 04032015 into two numbers as 0403 and 2015, five times 0403 yields 2015.

Next year, Day will turn 96 and coincidentally the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters of Day’s birth last name Kappelhoff equals 96.

Lastly, I noticed that the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters of Que and Sera based on the English alphabet each equals 43, respectively, and interestingly enough, 43 coincides with Day’s birth date, April 3.

Thanks for singing Que Sera Sera so beautifully Doris Day and I wish you a happy birthday!"

Aziz Inan is a professor of electrical engineering and he can be reached at ainan@up.edu

How about Twelve O'clock Tonight?

• Like 1

Opinion: Doris Day's 95th birthday is numerically special

By Aziz Inan

"As I looked into numbers related to her, I noticed that Day’s 95th birthday is numerically special in a hidden way. Why?

If numbers one to 26 are assigned to the letters of the English alphabet as A being one, B being two, C being three, etc., the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters of Doris Day equal 95!

Last year, Day celebrated her 94th birthday on the 94th day of 2016, which was 4/3/2016!

Day’s 93rd birthday expressed as 04/03/2015 was also special because if one splits 04032015 into two numbers as 0403 and 2015, five times 0403 yields 2015.

Next year, Day will turn 96 and coincidentally the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters of Day’s birth last name Kappelhoff equals 96.

Lastly, I noticed that the sum of the numbers assigned to the letters of Que and Sera based on the English alphabet each equals 43, respectively, and interestingly enough, 43 coincides with Day’s birth date, April 3.

Thanks for singing Que Sera Sera so beautifully Doris Day and I wish you a happy birthday!"

Aziz Inan is a professor of electrical engineering and he can be reached at ainan@up.edu

How about Twelve O'clock Tonight?

The discrepancy between Doris at 95 or 93 is even finding it's way onto sports shows. It was mentioned by Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon last night.