Sign in to follow this  
missrhea

Why is Robert Ryan SotM again so soon?

4 posts in this topic

Seems like he just had a tribute within the last year or so. Why not somebody like Robert Young who was honored back at the beginning of TCM and not recently?  No, he never was nominated for an Academy award but was in a handful of nominated films. Just because his bigger success came later with television there's no reason to ignore the nearly 100 films he made.

Seems like he just had a tribute within the last year or so. Why not somebody like Robert Young who was honored back at the beginning of TCM and not recently?  No, he never was nominated for an Academy award but was in a handful of nominated films. Just because his bigger success came later with television there's no reason to ignore the nearly 100 films he made.

Welcome to our community. I agree that Robert Young would also be a fine choice. Let's hope the programmers are reading your comments.

I would love to see Robert Young as Star of the Month.

In this particular instance, Robert Ryan Star of the Month happens on  Fridays  in May and he made a lot of war films.  In this way, TCM is able to combine Ryan as Star of the Month with their memorial Day weekend programming of  war movies.

Welcome to the boards.

• Like 1

I think the reason that Ryan was made Star of the Month was because TCM had been getting a lot of requests for About Mrs. Leslie and May was the first Month they were going to be able to show it.