darkblue

Bernie Sanders!

1,027 posts in this topic

Gotta give Bernie his due. 27,000 turned out in NY tonight. All the talk about a tested convention in Cleveland with the Republicans might not be and instead it might very well be in Philadelphia, Pa. when the Democrats get together.

Read Weekly Standard:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001955

0ff2250865863284833d2decced78f35.jpg

Another misleading post by the Chief Poster of Misleading Posts.  Must be the bottom of the nation Miss. education system.

Franklin was a delegate to the Constitutional Convention and voted for it.  He worked to create some of the compromises that made it happen and created the FEDERAL government we all benefit from today.  Under the US Constitution Franklin supported, the people and the states specifically gave up a lot of liberty to gain security.

• Like 2

Another misleading post by the Chief Poster of Misleading Posts.  Must be the bottom of the nation Miss. education system.

Franklin was a delegate to the Constitutional Convention and voted for it.  He worked to create some of the compromises that made it happen and created the FEDERAL government we all benefit from today.  Under the US Constitution Franklin supported, the people and the states specifically gave up a lot of liberty to gain security.

Well I'm a state-rights progressive but hey I live I CA and not the South.    e.g. in CA Brown has signed into law many of the things Dems and progressives at the Federal level can only dream about;   expanded Family Leave Act,   raised the minimum wage,  and paid sick days to name a few.   

Most folks in CA wouldn't want Federal authority to invalidate these acts.     

Well I'm a state-rights progressive but hey I live I CA and not the South.    e.g. in CA Brown has signed into law many of the things Dems and progressives at the Federal level can only dream about;   expanded Family Leave Act,   raised the minimum wage,  and paid sick days to name a few.   

Most folks in CA wouldn't want Federal authority to invalidate these acts.     

Be glad you don't live in the Deep South.  Federalism is not the superiority of the federal government in all things, but a shared authority.  One of the reasons for the Civil War and a current political belief in Deep South is the right of Nullification.  The right of a state to nullify any federal law with which it disagrees.

Regardless, just saying that Franklin believed in a Federal government where the people did give up some liberties in exchange for security, as well as political and economic well-being contrary to what Jake posted.

Sanders pays respects to FDR....

Sanders called Roosevelt “one of the greatest presidents in the history of our country” and said “there is a lot we can learn from Roosevelt’s life...."

https://berniesanders.com/sanders-stops-fdrs-springwood/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=fb160412

FDR’s October 31st, 1936 speech, where he said that:

“We had to struggle with the old enemies of peace—business and financial monopoly, speculation, reckless banking, class antagonism, sectionalism, war profiteering. They had begun to consider the Government of the United States as a mere appendage to their own affairs. We know now that Government by organized money is just as dangerous as Government by organized mob.

Never before in all our history have these forces been so united against one candidate as they stand today. They are unanimous in their hate for me—and I welcome their hatred.”

I don’t want the support of McAdam (Verizon CEO), Immelt and their friends in the billionaire class. I welcome their contempt.

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders)

• Like 6

Bernie the hypocrite politician strikes again.  

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/sanders-under-fire-supporters-whores-remarks

Now this is just whiney HS. That person should not apologize, he should say it again and often, because that's what these congress people are when they take money and do the bidding of the donors and not their constituents.

As for it being sexist, where does it say wh***s are all women? Isn't that the sexist remark?  

• Like 2

Now this is just whiney HS. That person should not apologize, he should say it again and often, because that's what these congress people are when they take money and do the bidding of the donors and not their constituents.

As for it being sexist, where does it say wh***s are all women? Isn't that the sexist remark?  

Bernie's campaign has one basic goal: to defeat Hillary and become the nominee. He hasn't really addressed other candidates down the line. So, when the man introducing him uses the term "Corporate ****," we know who he means. It is disgusting. Trying to say Dr. Song didn't mean that is like saying Donald Trump didn't mean what he said in his early remarks about Megyn Kelly. Yet another Tweedledum/Tweedledee moment in the Sanders/Trump campaigns! (I repeat William Demerest's line from The Lady Eve: "It's the same dame!"

The latest poll, out today -- the highly respected Marist poll -- shows Hillary's lead in New York over Sanders increasing.

Again, more HS. Is he supposed to automatically choose the gay candidate, regardless of any other factors, simply based on sexuality? When did that become a rule? 

Swithin loves the establishment - he'll reproduce its horse**** gleefully here.

Hillary's army of old ladies and fanboys, ay - what are ya gonna do?

Bernie's campaign has one basic goal: to defeat Hillary and become the nominee. He hasn't really addressed other candidates down the line. So, when the man introducing him uses the term "Corporate ****," we know who he means. It is disgusting. Trying to say Dr. Song didn't mean that is like saying Donald Trump didn't mean what he said in his early remarks about Megyn Kelly. Yet another Tweedledum/Tweedledee moment in the Sanders/Trump campaigns! (I repeat William Demerest's line from The Lady Eve: "It's the same dame!"

The latest poll, out today -- the highly respected Marist poll -- shows Hillary's lead in New York over Sanders increasing.

I'll concede that the use of the word "****" was unfortunate. "Corporate ****" is in the common parlance, but he should have realized that there were children around with a slow grasp on the nuance of modern language and hypersensitivity unlike any before in history. He should have said "people who take large donations from corporations and then do their bidding over the welfare of the American people that elected them to office".

• Like 1

I'll concede that the use of the word "****" was unfortunate. "Corporate ****" is in the common parlance, but he should have realized that there were children around with a slow grasp on the nuance of modern language and hypersensitivity unlike any before in history. He should have said "people who take large donations from corporations and then do their bidding over the welfare of the American people that elected them to office".

Nobody has a problem when it's used to describe the Media - why would anyone care that it's used to describe members of Congress?

I mean, it's not like it's not accurate.

Yes, he should have done all of that. And so should Donald Trump have, when he said those things about Megyn Kelly. "It's the same dame."

(Sorry I keep using that line from The Lady Eve, but it fits, and at least I dropped darkblue's "unicorn" reference.)

A) Bernie was not even at the event when the Dr. used the w word which the media has been repeating and repeating no problem all day long in search of a story.  He should have said corporate prostitutes I guess.

He has every right to call them that.  

• Like 1

A) Bernie was not even at the event when the Dr. used the w word which the media has been repeating and repeating no problem all day long in search of a story.  He should have said corporate prostitutes I guess.

He has every right to call them that.  

Yes, but it was clear to whom Dr. Song was referring. And if Bernie didn't hear him say that, there were so many of his advisors there, who could have told him before he spoke, so that he could denounce the remark to that crowd, instead of doing the Donald Trump thing of waiting until he gauged the response, then denouncing it too late. Donald Trump and Ted Cruz don't have a monopoly on dog whistle politics.

Yes, but it was clear to whom Dr. Song was referring. And if Bernie didn't hear him say that, there were so many of his advisors there, who could have told him before he spoke, so that he could denounce the remark to that crowd, instead of doing the Donald Trump thing of waiting until he gauged the response, then denouncing it too late. Donald Trump and Ted Cruz don't have a monopoly on dog whistle politics.

More HS.  Dr. Song was praising Clinton one paragraph earlier in his speech.  Again, you are just throwing HS out there for shock value.

More HS.  Dr. Song was praising Clinton one paragraph earlier in his speech.  Again, you are just throwing HS out there for shock value.

What is HS? If I'm throwing it out there, I should know what it is!

Wow. Did you just get off the boat, or what?

The H is for "horse'. The S is for ****.

Wow. Did you just get off the boat, or what?

The H is for "horse'. The S is for ****.

Ah! I know what BS is, but I don't think I've ever seen Horse... referred to as HS. I think Bull... is used more in my neighborhood. It's rare to hear anyone say Horse... around here (in my experience). 

Horse manure, to put it nicely. Baloney. Nonsense. Garbage "trumped" up to generate controversy for controversy's sake. Mountains out of mole hills. 

And it is completely disingenuous of you to compare this comment by this Song guy to Trump's treatment of Megyn Kelly. You should know this, and I hope you are just exaggerating for effect. If not, you may need to take a step back and take a deep breath, because you've been swimming in these filthy political waters too long.

• Like 2

Horse manure, to put it nicely. Baloney. Nonsense. Garbage "trumped" up to generate controversy for controversy's sake. Mountains out of mole hills. 

And it is completely disingenuous of you to compare this comment by this Song guy to Trump's treatment of Megyn Kelly. You should know this, and I hope you are just exaggerating for effect. If not, you may need to take a step back and take a deep breath, because you've been swimming in these filthy political waters too long.

Thank you -- so why isn't it HM?   I don't think you have any idea how many people here in NY -- people who might have voted for Bernie -- talk about the great similarities between Trump, Sanders, and their supporters. But the Bernie crowd thinks of themselves as a higher sort of animal -- and doesn't see the comparison. 

There were people in the caucus states, which Bernie mostly won, who would have voted for Hillary but were afraid to vote in a public, non-secret forum, for fear of reprisals from Bernie's supporters. There is real ugliness and dog whistle politics in Bernie's camp, as in Trump's, and I find them both disgusting. And yes -- those waters are indeed filthy!