Paulll

Would you rather?!

255 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I thought I would try to create another new thread, and I hope it takes off.

Directions:

So how this goes is, I'll ask a question "Would you rather...?" and the next poster answers it and leaves a question for the next person, etc. Let's keep it friendly, respectful, kind. After all it's for fun! I'm thinking maybe between each question refresh and wait a couple minutes otherwise questions/answers will be trampled over each other. Have fun everyone!! :)

Would you rather date Rock Hudson or Dirk Bogarde?

(and yes, as a male, I would answer this question too!)

• Like 1

I've been a fan of Dirk Bogarde ever since I first saw him in "So Long At The Fair" with Jean Simmons. I'd be thrilled to have a date with Dirk Bogarde. No hesitation, definitely Dirk Bogarde.

Would you rather have a conversation with Lionel, Ethel or John Barrymore?

Thank you for writing Marsha! I'm glad to learn that, did you watch the movies on TCM on Dirk Bogarde several weeks ago? (I believe it was a marathon of his films).

I would rather converse with Lionel Barrymore. I would love to know how filming It's a Wonderful Life was like!!

Would you rather dance with Cyd Charisse or Vera Ellen??!

Paulll-- thanks I just love this!

Well, I've danced with Cyd all my life - that's how I learned how to dance until I got professional dance training.

Next: Who would you rather study acting with Marlon Brando are Bette Davis?

• Like 1

Paulll-- thanks I just love this!

Well, I've danced with Cyd all my life - that's how I learned how to dance until I got professional dance training.

Next: Who would you rather study acting with Marlon Brando are Bette Davis?

I would rather study with Bette Davis as she is  a favourite.

Next:

Would you rather write a play with Shakespeare or Beckett?

I would rather write a play with Shakespeare. Perhaps I might be lucky enough to learn a little about his gift for writing plays that have been performed for hundreds of years.

Who would you rather hear sing Ella Fitzgerald or Billie Holliday?

I would rather write a play with Shakespeare. Perhaps I might be lucky enough to learn a little about his gift for writing plays that have been performed for hundreds of years.

Who would you rather hear sing Ella Fitzgerald or Billie Holliday?

I would rather hear Ella sing, because she dis some great ad libbing.

Would you like to sing a solo in front of a live audience and gets lots of fame, or would you like to sing in a choir with lots of people who only perform for rest homes?

I've always wanted to be a singer so I would prefer singing solo. I have great admiration for all the singers of songs the world over.

Next:  Would you rather see a play or a movie?

I would rather see a play! Going to the movies is fun, but a live performance is so much fun!

Would you rather cause mischief with Lucy and Ethel; or rag on them with Ricky and Fred?!

I would definitely rather cause mischief with Lucy and Ethel. Being part of their wonderful nutty glorious schemes would be a treat, the icing on a cake with the cherry on top. (BTW I would also rather see a play. As much as I love movies, I love being in a theater. Waiting for the curtain to go up still gives me goose bumps. It's a great feeling.)

Next:  Would you rather be on a movie set watching the director and film crew or sitting in a theater watching a play rehearsal?

• Like 1

I would rather be on a stage set, watching a director and camera crew! (Might meet someone famous I admire, or get to be in a movie!)

Which classic actor/actress would you rather get drunk and sing karaoke with? 

If I had my druthers, I would rather have a glass of wine and share a microphone and sing in a piano bar with Bette Davis. What a wonderful night that would be.

next:  Would you rather go to a live concert performance starring Judy Garland or Frank Sinatra? 

mmmmmmm this one is tough.....I'd say Frank Sinatra (especially when he was younger, just seeing him standing next to a microphone (which one is skinnier).

Next: Which actress' children would you rather baby sit Joan Crawford or Nancy Davis?

*Hope I did this right*

:)

Joan Crawford! (Can you imagine the stories?)

Next: Who would you rather dance alongside- Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire? (Level of dancing talent aside.)

Definitely Astaire - - even if I made a mistake, which I would, he would be more gracious about it than Gene Kelly.

Next: Who would you rather take a singing lesson with-- Judy Garland or Barbra Streisand?

Judy Garland definitely!!! She would be gracious and kind about my no talent singing (lol). Plus, why not learn from the best?!

Next: Would you rather be an extra in a musical film or a drama film?

A musical (dance sequence preferred!)

Next: Would you rather act in a Hitchcock or Kubrick film?

I would rather act in a Hitchcock movie as he is my favourite director. 

Would you rather learn to tap dance or  to do trapeze acts? 

I'd like to learn to tap dance, if Fred Astaire, Gene Kelly, Ann Miller and Eleanor Powell were teaching the class--- why not learn from the best.

Next: Who would your rather take driving lessons from Patrick Dempsey or Paul Newman?

• Like 2

Oooh, that is a touch choice.

I would pick Audrey because she worked with Gregory Peck in her film debut.

Next:

Would you rather be an actor/actress on the set of a Star Trek movie, a Star Wars movie, or pay people money to avoid being cast in a science fiction movie?

I would rather be an actor in a Star Wars movie (I'm not a big Sci-Fi person. But I have seen the Star Wars movies before).  

Next: Would you rather be a famous actor/actress in Hollywood or a famous actor/actress on Broadway? (Assuming you could only be one or the other)

I'd rather be a famous actor in Hollywood.....prefer the sunny to snowy weather.

Next: Which 1980's prime time soap would you rather appear on "DALLAS" or "DYNASTY" ?

Probably have to go with Dynasty here.

Next: Would you rather direct Bette Davis, or act opposite her (in a film?)