Sign in to follow this  
Stevomachino

TCM Programming Challenge #32 "The Sum of Its Parts" - Voting Thread

47 posts in this topic

I just want everyone to know that TCM does steal from our schedules. I have had many a premiere of mine end up being a premiere on TCM, such as A NEW LEAF and WHAT A WAY TO GO, among others, and have even had whole themes being lifted from my schedules.

I have had that honor also. The one which meant the most to me was premiere of: Camelot (1967) within theme which included some of the movies which I selected for my schedule.

One daytime theme was nearly exact duplicate of a day in a schedule by: Capuchin except that they changed the sequence.

I have seen other Challenge themes and premieres being used in actual schedules. I am convinced that presenting premiere within good theme is very best way to attract the attention and interest of: TCM Programmers as I have seen many more premieres paralleling Challenge entries than I have seen premieres which were touted by threads in this forum.

• Like 4

First, I love All the schedules; second, the horror film night and scheduling one of the six Hitchcock films I haven't seen clinched my decision.  My vote goes to Lydecker.

• Like 1

I have had that honor also. The one which meant the most to me was premiere of: Camelot (1967) within theme which included some of the movies which I selected for my schedule.

Executive Action (1973) which was on TCM the other night was a premiere in my Political Assassinations theme in my one-and-only try at the schedule a few challenges ago..

• Like 1

Executive Action (1973) which was on TCM the other night was a premiere in my Political Assassinations theme in my one-and-only try at the schedule a few challenges ago..

Ah, you did a great schedule and lots of folks loved it.  Hope you do another . . . and another . . . 

• Like 1

First, I love All the schedules; second, the horror film night and scheduling one of the six Hitchcock films I haven't seen clinched my decision.  My vote goes to Lydecker.

There are 2 schedules that I really like, but Mary Poppins and On A Clear Day You Can See Forever tipped the scales for me, so my vote goes to  . . . .

LonesomePolecat 

Got it!

Thank you guys for voting.

• Like 1

time to vote.

there's always something about each schedule that gets my attention and this month each schedule was intriguing.

Lydeker always had something more to add as days went by that made the schedule appealing. i especially liked the inclusion of The Servant (1962)  and the theme of Old Dark Houses. Houses also featured The Old Dark House (1932)  as one of the movies. i really liked the "Champagne" theme and inclusion of Champagne for Caesar (1952). the champagne idea would make a great New Years Eve/New Years Day topic to build on. TCM programmers take note.

my vote goes to Skimpole who hit a grand slam with his Screenwriters Schedule that included Chinatown (1974), The Usual Suspects (1995), Mememto (2000), The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie (1972) and Citizen Kane (1941). then to finish off the week he had a tribute to the recently departed Alain Resnais. add in The Scarlet Empress (1934), The Thing (1951) and Point of Order! (1964) among others and i was salivating.

• Like 1

Congratulations to all the participants on amazing schedules in advance of the announcement of the winner.

• Like 1

First, I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who participated in this challenge. We had four fantastic schedules submitted, some nice commentary throughout the threads, and a good voter turnout. I've had a lot of fun hosting this time around, and I'm very grateful that I was given the opportunity to do so. 

And now, without further ado, I'm pleased to announce that the winner of the TCM Programming Challenge #32 is...

Lydecker!!

Congratulations Lydecker. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for Challenge #33!

Thanks again everyone!

• Like 4

WOO HOO!! Congrats, Lydecker, and very well deserved!

Thanks Stevo for running a fun challenge!

And thanks to the kind people who voted for me! (What was the final tally, stevo?)

• Like 4

OMG.  Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the Challenge  --  what a lot of great, imaginative schedules  --  along with appreciation to all the nice folks who voted for me and to Stevomachino for creating and moderating Challenge #32.  I'll start thinking of some ideas for Challenge #33 which I hope we can get going soon.  Any and all input is welcome.  

Thanks again!

Lydecker

• Like 4

Congrats Lydecker!! 

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for Challenge #33!

• Like 2

OMG.  Thanks so much to everyone who participated in the Challenge  --  what a lot of great, imaginative schedules  --  along with appreciation to all the nice folks who voted for me and to Stevomachino for creating and moderating Challenge #32.  I'll start thinking of some ideas for Challenge #33 which I hope we can get going soon.  Any and all input is welcome.  

Thanks again!

Lydecker

Gee, I'd sure like to program some Treasures from the Disney Vault... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Lydecker is planning on hosting challenge #33 in July!

Look forward to seeing all the terrific schedules!

• Like 1