Sign in to follow this  
CaveGirl

Side Effects

34 posts in this topic

For some reason I thought Capuchin was native born American.

He is. He was pilot in: USAF then. I was office-flunky with: PVO strany. Project for military meetings was part of: détente.

• Like 1

He is. He was pilot in: USAF then. I was office-flunky with: PVO strany. Project for military meetings was part of: détente.

AAAH! Now I see!

So it was the U.S. Military that sent the poor guy off for "fraternizing with the enemy", huh?!

(...yep, that's the military alright...there's just no romance in their soul, is there) ;)

• Like 1

So it was the U.S. Military that sent the poor guy off for "fraternizing with the enemy", huh?!

He was the lucky one. USAF pampers their own and so he was given seat in passenger cabin for return to United States the morning after we tendered our request for marriage. I was much more quickly shoved into back end of cargo aircraft for flight to station near: Kara Sea.

He was the lucky one. USAF pampers their own and so he was given seat in passenger cabin for return to United States the morning after we tendered our request for marriage. I was much more quickly shoved into back end of cargo aircraft for flight to station near: Kara Sea.

So, you LITERALLY got sent off to Siberia, HUH?!

(...I take it anything written by Solzhenitsyn wasn't to be found on the shelves of your new base of operation's library, right?!) ;)

I was in the military. I was chosen to be part of group for informal meetings and conferences with other military staff because my record looked impressive and my unit did not truly need me. There were many scheduled activities so that we could meet and interact with others socially. It is probable that this fraternization was true intent of the project as leaders wished to establish friendlier relations and greater understanding.

Have you seen Miloš Forman's Loves of a Blonde by any chance?
  • Like 1

(...I take it anything written by Solzhenitsyn wasn't to be found on the shelves of your new base of operation's library, right?!) 

That base is considered to be north of: Siberia. :(

I do not remember a library there. It was a drab little place staffed with unhappy little people. I had no duties there. It was a place for me to wait until question of what to do with me went up the line and then came back down. It is sad to say that it is best for person in such a situation that decision not be reached quickly because that would mean situation is so very one-sided that there are no arguments for leniency. I 'kicked my heels' for nearly two months before I was returned to my previous unit. My privilege to travel to other countries for scientific and medical conferences was revoked permanently and there were minor forms of bureaucratic harassment but my commanding officer considered the incident minor and continued to treat me kindly.

Have you seen Miloš Forman's Loves of a Blonde by any chance?

I must confess that it is many years since I have watched it. I remember it being very touching and moments were very funny. I understand that that can be said of most movies by: Milos Forman but this movie has also charm which amplifies all feelings.

I understand why my history might bring that movie to your mind but the type of fraternization which we were to do was meant to be of completely different type. 

• Like 1

Uh-huh. Pretty much the coital equivalent of APIAS.

(...aka: "Any Port In A Storm") 

I know more about "potables" than "portables", Dargo!

(...I take it anything written by Solzhenitsyn wasn't to be found on the shelves of your new base of operation's library, right?!) ;)

Ya know what I like about Alexander, Dargo?

He said besides the "right to know" that people also had "the right not to know, which is more valuable".

I appreciate this philosophy every time someone thinks I want to hear about their gastric problems or bedroom issues with their spouse.