Sign in to follow this  
rayban

Interesting Actors on Classic TV Westerms

108 posts in this topic

Last week an episode of "Wagon Train" was shown featuring a guest appearance by comedian Lou Costello (he had broken up with Abbott a few years before). He plays a drunk who travels with a little girl and he ends up accused of murder. He does a nice job in this dramatic role. Unfortunately he would be dead not long after this so he would not a get a chance to do more drama.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Det Jim McLeod said:

Last week an episode of "Wagon Train" was shown featuring a guest appearance by comedian Lou Costello (he had broken up with Abbott a few years before). He plays a drunk who travels with a little girl and he ends up accused of murder. He does a nice job in this dramatic role. Unfortunately he would be dead not long after this so he would not a get a chance to do more drama.

Yea,  I saw that an Abbott was very good.     He also looked well,  e.g. not too old or tired looking.    Yea, sad that he died and we don't have the chance to see him in more drama (or anything).

Yesterday, on MeTV, on "Have Gun-Will Travel", there was a terrific episode that guest-starred Vincent Price and Patricia Morrison as two "ham" actors who insisted on bringing "Othello" to a small, wild Western town. 

Believe it or not, despite Palladin's protests, they succeeded in getting appreciation for Shakespeare.

Price, Morrison and Boone were enjoying themselves immensely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayban said:

Yesterday, on MeTV, on "Have Gun-Will Travel", there was a terrific episode that guest-starred Vincent Price and Patricia Morrison as two "ham" actors who insisted on bringing "Othello" to a small, wild Western town. 

Believe it or not, despite Palladin's protests, they succeeded in getting appreciation for Shakespeare.

Price, Morrison and Boone were enjoying themselves immensely.

Well we appear to watch the same T.V. programming!    I had turned to this show but started cooking so I wasn't paying attention and then I heard that VOICE;   Vincent of course but it didn't sound like it was from a western.    Yea, Othello, isn't a typical western 'vibe'. 

I delayed my cooking and watched this.   Fun time for all! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well we appear to watch the same T.V. programming!    I had turned to this show but started cooking so I wasn't paying attention and then I heard that VOICE;   Vincent of course but it didn't sound like it was from a western.    Yea, Othello, isn't a typical western 'vibe'. 

I delayed my cooking and watched this.   Fun time for all! 

I was having so much fun - I could've sat through a longer episode.

• Like 1

Today, on MeTV, on "Bonanza", there was an interesting episode that guest-starred Randy Boone.

Randy Boone made quite an impression in his day - and, in this one, he plays the guitar and sings, too.

The story, which was multi-layered, concerned a young man who was determined to get at the truth of his father's hanging, for which he blamed Ben Cartwright (Lorne Greene).

As it turned out, the woman whose husband was killed in the incident and for whose death the father was hanged, confessed to a full account of the incident - the father was guilty of the murder.

She was running off with Randy Boone's father (her lover) and her husband was killed in trying to stop them.

Randy Boone had feigned an accident and then claimed Ben had tried to kill him.

He was determined to bring Ben to justice for his father's death.

In the end, he had to accept the truth about his father - a man who was stealing another man's wife, committed a murder and was hanged for it.

Revenge has never been so sour.

randy-boone-us-actor-holding-an-acoustic

(Randy Boone is best-known for his appearances on "The Virginian".

• Like 1

Today, on MeTV, on "Gunsmoke", there was an extremely interesting episode about an outlaw (Anthony Zerbe) who killed an abusive husband (who was about to gun him down) and then fell in love with the dead man's wife (Salome Jens).

Both Anthony Zerbe and Salome Jens invested this somewhat melodramatic material with real feeling.

In the end, despite the odds, when they went off together, it couldn't have felt more right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rayban said:

Today, on MeTV, on "Gunsmoke", there was an extremely interesting episode about an outlaw (Anthony Zerbe) who killed an abusive husband (who was about to gun him down) and then fell in love with the dead man's wife (Salome Jens).

Both Anthony Zerbe and Salome Jens invested this somewhat melodramatic material with real feeling.

In the end, despite the odds, when they went off together, it couldn't have felt more right.

I think Zerbe is a fantastic actor who does not get enough recognition.

• Like 1