Sign in to follow this  
rayban

"STRAIGHT" - THE PLAY

5 posts in this topic

If you can get to The Acorn Theater on Theater Row in New York City, please see a new play by Scott Elmegreen and Drew Fornarola that is called "Straight".

It's a very interesting play about a young man who is torn between his girlfriend - and his boyfriend.

It raises a lot of questions about acknowledging one's sexuality - and has an ending that you can discuss for days.

The cast is exceptional - Jake Epstein, Jenna Gavigan and Thomas E. Sullivan.

tn-500_6-thomase.jpg

• Like 1

If you can get to The Acorn Theater on Theater Row in New York City, please see a new play by Scott Elmegreen and Drew Fornarola that is called "Straight".

It's a very interesting play about a young man who is torn between his girlfriend - and his boyfriend.

It raises a lot of questions about acknowledging one's sexuality - and has an ending that you can discuss for days.

The cast is exceptional - Jake Epstein, Jenna Gavigan and Thomas E. Sullivan.

tn-500_6-thomase.jpg

Ray--

I don't know if you had a chance to read the Tab Hunter autobiography. But I read it a few years back and I thought about it recently during your discussion of Tony Perkins.

Tab Hunter described the period in his life when he was making a film with a French actress and seriously dating her, while he was also seriously involved with Tony Perkins.

I enjoyed his Book for a lot of different reasons: it was fun to reminisce about the last Studio scene in Hollywood with a major star; it was also interesting to see his take on his life and the life of other gay actors in Hollywood at the time, but most of it was simply about his own life and his family.

I can remember as a child seeing him figure skating on live TV - - I had no idea he really was a professional figure skater.

• Like 1

Ray--

I don't know if you had a chance to read the Tab Hunter autobiography. But I read it a few years back and I thought about it recently during your discussion of Tony Perkins.

Tab Hunter described the period in his life when he was making a film with a French actress and seriously dating her, while he was also seriously involved with Tony Perkins.

I enjoyed his Book for a lot of different reasons: it was fun to reminisce about the last Studio scene in Hollywood with a major star; it was also interesting to see his take on his life and the life of other gay actors in Hollywood at the time, but most of it was simply about his own life and his family.

I can remember as a child seeing him figure skating on live TV - - I had no idea he really was a professional figure skater.

Yes, Princess, I did read Tab Hunter's autobiography.

And I did enjoy it, too.

His discussion of his "secret love affair" with Tony Perkins was very interesting.

But the affair obviously wasn't an easy one for either of them.

I did manage to see that skating special.

Was it "Hans Brinker and The Silver Skates?

I must've seen it on youtube.

The soundtrack is also available on CD.