Sign in to follow this  
camarks

Summer of 2016

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if Ball State or  TCM will be running something similar for the summer of 2016? I really loved this course and looked forward to my weekends of film Noir. I wouldn't mind taking it again to enjoy the movies I missed the first time around.

• Like 2

I think TCM is doing a summer theme on the western genre. My guess is that Ball may partner up with TCM again to do a course on westerns. An announcement has not been made yet, but as we get closer to summer, I bet we'll hear something. 

Does anyone know if Ball State or  TCM will be running something similar for the summer of 2016? I really loved this course and looked forward to my weekends of film Noir. I wouldn't mind taking it again to enjoy the movies I missed the first time around.

Count me in! I would love to take another film noir class. I've been hooked on noir since Summer of Darkness 2015.

I second that request! That really helped make my summer last year. It was so enjoyable. Please do it again, TCM and Ball State!

I second that request! That really helped make my summer last year. It was so enjoyable. Please do it again, TCM and Ball State!

As much as I love noir I find it unlikely that Ball State and TCM would repeat the series.   Yea, they could feature noirs they didn't feature last time around but I just don't see that happening.   Instead I'm hoping that they feature pre-code films.  These are unique and tell us a lot about America during that time (just like noirs do about American's post WWII feelings).

• Like 2

I agree that they probably would not do "noir" again, but some other genre or aspect like precode, women, westerns have all been things TCM has concentrated on, and to have a course to go with it would be good.  Especially fun for me would be history as film...