Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

13,907 posts in this topic

This might be a fun and quite engaging thread.

My favourite is the Donald claiming that he could see thousands of Muslims taking to the streets in New Jersey from his office tower on 9/11 to celebrate the World Trade Center attack.

He never completely walked that one back.  It sort of became metaphorically speaking at some point.

Personally, I think this alone should have disqualified him from running for President of the United States.  It was so hateful and inflammatory and so not true.

You mean this isn't a thread about Trump's favourite Burger chain?

;)

Seriously though, remember that our former PM decided it would be a good idea to put online footage of our troops who were undercover online.

Man, am I glad he's out of there.

This might be a fun and quite engaging thread.

My favourite is the Donald claiming that he could see thousands of Muslims taking to the streets in New Jersey from his office tower on 9/11 to celebrate the World Trade Center attack.

He never completely walked that one back.  It sort of became metaphorically speaking at some point.

Personally, I think this alone should have disqualified him from running for President of the United States.  It was so hateful and inflammatory and so not true.

I myself saw video footage on that day of cheerful celebrants throwing candy to kids at the news of the 911 attacks.

the video was either from the gaza strip or the west bank, it was probably the latter so trump's assertion is far from fantasy. :D

• Like 1

I myself saw video footage on that day of cheerful celebrants throwing candy to kids at the news of the 911 attacks.

the video was either from the gaza strip or the west bank, it was probably the latter so trump's assertion is far from fantasy. :D

The Gaza Strip or the Westbank is a long ways from New Jersey.

The Gaza Strip or the Westbank is a long ways from New Jersey.

but it gives credence to trump's notion of jubilant muslims on 911, doan it? :)

Trump's assertions were about Muslims HERE IN THE US, not in another country. That's why it was inflammatory. Not that Muslims celebrated, but that US Muslims celebrated.

Trump's assertions were about Muslims HERE IN THE US, not in another country. That's why it was inflammatory. Not that Muslims celebrated, but that US Muslims celebrated.

I think on that day donny must've seen the same video I did and assigned it to the wrong place. :D

You'll have to forgive ND's for his lack of understanding in this matter, Lawrence.

You see, like the vast majority of Americans(and 5'll getcha 10, THIS includes his "savior" Donny), his mastery of the subject of Geography is found wanting, and so probably doesn't know that the Gaza Strip isn't located within one of the NYC boroughs.

(...OR that the reference to the "Westbank" ISN'T in regard to any stretch of the Hudson River on the New Jersey side of it!!!)

LOL

• Like 1

Sorry I was so flippant in my first post in this thread, but my best friend growing up is Muslim and after the attack in Ottawa the mosque where she married a Christian had windows broken.

I wrote my MP that I did no want Canadian Muslims to go into any camp the way Japanese Americans and Canadians did during WWII.

The thoughts of what George Takai went through as a child was very much in my mind.

• Like 1

The Gaza Strip isn't New Jersey.  Dream on.

I think on that day donny must've seen the same video I did and assigned it to the wrong place. :D

He said he saw it personally from his office window.  Thousands of Muslims taking to the streets of New Jersey to celebrate 9/11.  

He said he saw it personally from his office window.  Thousands of Muslims taking to the streets of New Jersey to celebrate 9/11.  

maybe he embellished a pinch like hollywood screenwriters. :D

Just what you want in your leader.

Remember when the right applauded that chucklehead Joe Wilson for shouting "You lie!" at the current president? But lying isn't a problem when ole orangutan-in-a-suit does it. When he does it, he's telling it like it is! There's some logic and reasoning for ya!

Another whopper which Trump made to make him appear to be the tough guy was the tall tale of General Pershing dipping cartridges in pig's grease or blood before executing Muslim extremists in the Philippines.  This just never happened.  Part of the story was taken from the rest Mutiny in India circa the 1850's (should check my Flashman).

Trump went on to say that Pershing let one Muslim captive live so that he could tell the story.  Never happened.

This too should have disqualified him as a Presidential candidate as it was intended to appeal to the racists.

I liked it when hot and angry Teddy Cruz accused Trumpee for telling the National Inquirer, which Cruz thinks Trumpee owns stock in, that he was cheating on Heidi with five different ladies. Personally I considered that accusation hard to believe. Trumpee would more likely have told the Inquirer that Cruz was having affairs with five men instead.

Nip-'

What you're basically saying here is that all Muslims are the same or alike.

That's blatantly not true.

Because Muslims that are US citizens have the same civil rights that you have and they have the same protection under the US Constitution that you have.

So what you really should say is that all US citizens are equal under the law and that You, and all US citizens, which of course also

includes Muslim Americans, have the same constitutional rights.

I think I made that very clear.

• Like 1

His biggest whoppers of all may be his statements of how wealthy he is. I still maintain, that with his heavy debt, his net worth is far less than most people think.

I've always maintained that most of his wealth is just bank credit.

• Like 1

Just what you want in your leader.

what donny believes is obvious. to him and hordes of still rational american joes. it started with nafta under that bleep george h.w. bush.

by embracing ecomonic globalism we have set ourselves up as the world's biggest suckers and donny proposes to put an end to stupid sell-out propositions that amount to a sabotage of our workforce and manufacturing by..incredibly, american politicians who are the biggest prize stupes of all time.

that is why donny is where he is.

it's gonna end soon and good ol' donny is gonna end it. 

all these trifles about taxes and donny impersonating himself over the phone are hilarious.

so he's got a sense of humour. america needs a tiger with some personality. :D

• Like 1

The latest recordings of the Trump "PR men" from the nineties are further proof if there was any more needed that the Donald is nothing but a shallow narcissist.  The fact that he only now denies that he is the man on the recording blowing his own horn about his sex life goes toward his complete lack of credibility.

The latest recordings of the Trump "PR men" from the nineties are further proof if there was any more needed that the Donald is nothing but a shallow narcissist.  The fact that he only now denies that he is the man on the recording blowing his own horn about his sex life goes toward his complete lack of credibility.

donny probably cracked himself up making those calls.

come on, Bogie56, where's your sense of humour?

good ol' donny! :lol:

• Like 1

donny probably cracked himself up making those calls.

come on, Bogie56, where's your sense of humour?

good ol' donny! :lol:

Nip--

Just think about how those ladies must have felt.

What kind of man would do a thing like that?

Nip--

Just think about how those ladies must have felt.

What kind of man would do a thing like that?

a guy with a sense of humor. :D