Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

36,050 posts in this topic

WOW -- during interview with @BretBaier, @VP stammers when asked if Kavanaugh nomination had anything to do with the Mueller investigation & Kavanaugh's position that sitting presidents are above the law.

"I-- ah-- ah ah ah -- I don't believe it did in any way," Pence says.

Image result for bret baier and mike pence

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Merkel slaps at Trump's assertion Germany is "captive" to Russia, reminding him that she grew up in a country that WAS under the sway of the Kremlin, East Germany. “I am very happy today that we are united in freedom as the Federal Republic of Germany."

Image result for angela merkel nato summit

• Like 1

I am in Brussels, but always thinking about our farmers. Soy beans fell 50% from 2012 to my election. Farmers have done poorly for 15 years. Other countries’ trade barriers and tariffs have been destroying their businesses. I will open things up, better than ever before, but it can’t go too quickly. I am fighting for a level playing field for our farmers, and will win!

8:40 AM - 11 Jul 2018
  • Haha 1

Trump tells NATO, Germany is controlled by Russia because that’s from where Germany gets its oil. OK, well, by that logic.... Trump is controlled by Russia because that’s from where Trump got his presidency.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Seven senators most likely to cross party lines during Kavanugh vote. Jones of AL, Manchin of WV, Heitkamp of ND, Donnelly of IN, Murkowski of AK, Paul of KY, Collins of ME.  First four are Dems.  This is supposedly in order of least to most likely to cross party lines.  Not sure I agree with the rankings, but the five Dems are definitely in a tight spot.

Paul will blather, but then do what he always does, toe the party line.

Personally, Jones  may vote no since he probably realizes he will lose the election in 2020 to any decent GOPer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/06/29/the-7-senators-most-likely-to-cross-party-lines-on-trumps-supreme-court-pick-ranked/?utm_term=.f770f51de18c&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, calvinnme said:

Bogie56, this guy is an idiot. He has no comprehension of global economics, nor do the sycophants with which he surrounds himself. I am frustrated by the press. This is an important topic. Last night CNN and MSNBC are still talking about Russia. Fox is salivating over the Supreme Court. I had to go to "Asia Squawk Box" to get any talk about how this might all play out. For one thing China can just weaken their currency. Another thing they are doing is carving out sweetheart deals to European businesses who are also being hammered by Trump. This round of Trump's tariff war will hit electronics and other consumer goods. Americans will find themselves paying higher prices or having no access to some products at all because we simply do not make those items here anymore. Lost jobs, higher prices, lack of availability of some products, maybe even life saving medical equipment and supplies.

Vlad sure struck gold when he backed this guy for prez.

HRC would have the fed make certain adjustments, fix the TPP as much as she could to exclude China unless certain conditions were met, and then JOIN that TPP. But you know - email servers, deplorables, Benghazi, that little blue dress from twenty years ago, so, of course MAGA. Womp womp???

The TPP as negotiated by and agreed to by Obama was designed to exclude China.  Trump with his empty rhetoric to cheering hoards of braindead supporters said he would rip up the deal but he didn't even bother to understand it.  It was the same with the Iran nuclear deal.

He is destroying the NATO and NAFTA alliances without caring about their benefits too.  His superior, Putin loves this.  That is why Trump accused Germany of being under the control of Russia.  It was to deflect the criticism that he knows he is about to receive.  It is time for Trump to pay the piper, I'm afraid.

And in turn, time for the GOP to grow a spine and oust him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

I am in Brussels, but always thinking about our farmers. Soy beans fell 50% from 2012 to my election. Farmers have done poorly for 15 years. Other countries’ trade barriers and tariffs have been destroying their businesses. I will open things up, better than ever before, but it can’t go too quickly. I am fighting for a level playing field for our farmers, and will win!

8:40 AM - 11 Jul 2018

Spoken by the dotard who has zero experience in world trade agreements.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Seven senators most likely to cross party lines during Kavanugh vote. Jones of AL, Manchin of WV, Heitkamp of ND, Donnelly of IN, Murkowski of AK, Paul of KY, Collins of ME.  First four are Dems.  This is supposedly in order of least to most likely to cross party lines.  Not sure I agree with the rankings, but the five Dems are definitely in a tight spot.

Paul will blather, but then do what he always does, toe the party line.

Personally, Jones  may vote no since he probably realizes he will lose the election in 2020 to any decent GOPer.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/06/29/the-7-senators-most-likely-to-cross-party-lines-on-trumps-supreme-court-pick-ranked/?utm_term=.f770f51de18c&wpisrc=nl_politics&wpmm=1

I doubt Manchin's re-election would hinge on voting for this supreme court choice.  He should grow a spine and do the right thing by his OWN party for once.

• Thanks 1

Here's a good one about the "Trump effect."  My cousin told me about several of his CANADIAN co-workers who support Trump.  They were saying that they were all for Trump's trade tariffs.  When asked why they would support tariffs that are designed to penalize their own country, Canada they responded that was "fake news."

• Haha 3

With Trump’s disgraceful and ignorant diatribe denigrating Germany and our most important strategic alliance, NATO, he is taking another frightening step towards destroying everything we stand for. Putin is getting a great return on his investment. Time to wake up, America.

• Thanks 3

Jay Bookman Retweeted Donald J. Trump

The level of ignorance here would be impressive from almost anyone. Coming from a U.S. president 18 months into his term, it is mind-blowing. There is no sense in which these countries are delinquent or owe the US anything.

• Thanks 3

Rep @Jim_Jordan responding to allegations this morning: “I’m telling the truth. Look, I stood up to the Speaker of the House from my home state. I stood up to the IRS and I've stood up to the FBI. To think that I would not stand up for my athletes is ridiculous.”

• Haha 2

8th former wrestler comes forward, alleging that Jim Jordan was aware of sexual abuse by the OSU wrestling team's doctor because he personally told Jordan about the abuse.

"He's sitting here and directly lying," the wrestler said.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, jakeem said:

With Trump’s disgraceful and ignorant diatribe denigrating Germany and our most important strategic alliance, NATO, he is taking another frightening step towards destroying everything we stand for. Putin is getting a great return on his investment. Time to wake up, America.

We are awake. We've been awake since November 2016. I see two ways out of this. One way is when he  is in Europe they slap the cuffs on him for crimes against humanity considering his treatment of the recent influx of illegal immigrants seeking asylum in the US. Men and women in cages, housed together, not enough room to lie down. Children separated from parents, possibly some are American citizens, possibly to go to foster care and be adopted out.  ICE spitting on people, calling the kids donkeys and animals. Children given dangerous drugs to cease their cries.

Way number two, probably more likely. The US is a plutocracy that throws the red states the red meat of repealing Obamacare and Roe V Wade to get their votes. The plutocracy cares nothing about this but they do love their money. Trump's little trade war tirades with the whole world are costing them money.  I don't want to speculate what the plutocracy might do in this situation, but I think you see where I am going with this.

• Thanks 1

Pat Dennis Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I am not making this up.

The person who actually said this was Senator Dianne Feinstein, in a 1985 Cosmopolitan article.

• Haha 5