Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

50,033 posts in this topic

BREAK: This is from a single, good source: @realDonaldTrump told @Nato allies this morning that unless wealthiest economies (read Germany, France, Spain, Italy) hit 2% GDP target by January “we are going to do our own thing”

If this is confirmed then it is extraordinary threat

This is what I am told @realDonaldTrump told @nato allies: “2% is a joke. 4% is what people should be spending. We are being played for fools. Every single US president has been pushing the point of extra spending since Reagan & they have all been played I am not going to be”

The US President continued that if the wealthiest economies are not paying 2% by January “we are going to do our own thing”

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, MovieMadness said:

Don't worry, he is doing just fine. He is the first President to actually tell them to pay their bills, unlike Obama and Bush.

Obama was the one who got the 2% agreement out of the allies.  This will go right over your blinkered head though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This shameless man is beyond being an embarrassment. If his base finds his conduct acceptable they should go find another country. Anyone who votes for Republicans in November does not love democracy. Trump and the GOP have taken the USA down the sewer!

• Thanks 3

Trump comments throw #NATOSummit2018 into disarray. Unclear what his threats mean if #NATO spending targets not met. Some in room reportedly believe Trump intends to focus more on bilateral relations (incl US/Russia), not to withdraw US from alliance.

Asked if he will accept Russia's illegal annexation of Crimea (i.e., recognize Crimea as part of Russia), Trump says: "Obama let it happen...That was on Barack Obama's watch. What will happen with Crimea from this point on? I can't tell you."

• Sad 1

Pres says he's not concerned about planned protests against him in UK. "I think it's fine. I think they like me a lot in the UK." Says Britons like him on immigration. Thinks that's the issue that triggered Brexit. Again says the Putin meeting may be the "easiest" of his stops.

Dh5ingSUYAA9GcL.jpg

• Haha 1

Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth, has been served by 13 Prime Ministers. The first was Winston Churchill. Imagine her revulsion and sadness when her dignity is assaulted by the presence of an American President who represents a spectacular degeneracy of the virtues she embodies.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Of Russia's Putin - who backs Syria's a-Assad, N.Korea's Kim, the mullahs in Tehran, whose warplanes buzz U.S. navy ships - and whose state run media likes to remind that only Russia can destroy America: "He's not my enemy," Trump says. "Maybe someday he'll be my friend."

• Sad 1

President Trump, speaking in Brussels, claims “everyone’s agreed” to substantially up their defense spending commitment.

The President repeated his false claims about member countries’ contributions (they’ve been increasing not decreasing) and the US burden (closer to 66% not 90%), says “I believe in NATO.”