Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

50,088 posts in this topic

Deep in that Sun interview, Trump brags that his poll numbers with Republicans are even better than Lincoln's were. Lincoln died a decade before the telephone was invented and about eight decades before presidential approval polling began.

Trump: “You know, a poll just came out that I am the most popular person in the history of the Republican Party — 92 per cent. Beating Lincoln. I beat our Honest Abe."

As @mattklewis notes, George W Bush had 98% approval among Republicans in April 2002

WHl5KDfk?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Trump’s appalling behaviour makes me sympathise with Theresa May. Til I remember her desperate rush to invite him, her repeated reluctance to criticise his Muslim ban or caging of children, her chasing him for a bad trade deal.... For God’s sake Theresa, stand up to him today.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, jakeem said:

"The interview was the latest breach of diplomatic protocol from Trump, whose predecessors tended to avoid criticizing their foreign hosts"

Apparently he has been getting talking points from Nigel Farage on the telephone.  Not the most reliable source for facts or the truth.

• Thanks 1

Polite reminder. Trump & Brexit are not 2 different things. They are the same thing. Same companies. Same data. Same Facebook. Same Russians. Same Cambridge Analytica. Same Robert Mercer. Same Steve Bannon. Same Breitbart. Same Alexander Nix. Same Donald Trump. Same Nigel Farage.

• Thanks 1

Pres Trump has arrived via Marine One at Chequers, the Prime Minister's country house in Buckinghamshire, England, NW of London, for talks and working lunch with @theresa_may. They'll also have a joint press conference at 845AM/ET. Location is out of reach to most protestors.

Just the start: Blimp organizer at Parliament Square tells me “Baby Trump” is going on a world tour after getting 5x the donations they needed to create the blimp

“People were saying we were being childish, but this might be the most childish president we’ve ever seen,” blimp organizer Matt Butcher tells me, gesturing toward his “thin-skinned baby full of hot air.” #TrumpBaby

Dh-gYXfXcAAA3N-.jpg

• Like 2

Pres Trump, seated next to British PM May, was asked if he regrets his comments to The Sun.

He rolled his eyes a couple of times, gestured in the direction of the reporter who asked the Q...but did not answer.

More Trump on PM May: “We had a dinner where I think we probably developed a better relationship, we spoke for an hour, an hour and a half, it was really something…the relationship is very very strong, we have a very good relationship”

• Haha 1

Trump thew a political grenade with his critical comments of May in British tabloid interview but this morning, the two are putting on a united front with smiles for cameras. May says the special relationship is "great" and Trump says "we have a very good relationship."

• Haha 2

President Trump touts a strong relationship between the U.S.—U.K. hours after an interview dropped where he undercut the prime minister on her own turf, dashed hopes for a trade deal and said her biggest political rival would be good at her job.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Trump's U.K. visit could have been an isle of pomp and calm ahead of next week's summit with Vladimir Putin. Instead, it's the Brits' nightmare scenario

https://www.axios.com/trump-uk-theresa-may-brexit-sun-interview-fbee14a5-bb2b-4b6c-92e6-7f2b074b8efb.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

AbuH2Sm2?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Sad 1