Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

42,068 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, darkblue said:

Oh?

Yeah. They shouldn't have burned the White House in 1814.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

What has Pelosi actually accomplished, especially since Trump took over?

We are 85 days away from the little blue ripple in the House and the red ripple in the Senate.

She's held the line under tough circumstances. But have you seen any construction on a border wall lately?

P.S. Don't go to bed too early on November 6.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Yeah. They shouldn't have burned the White House in 1814.

That was the British.

I don't believe Trump is a hateful person - and certainly not to Canadians.

I have been fired for expressing my personal opinion in private texts about a dictator that history will soon deem not only a Russian asset but an unhinged madman threatening the sovereignty of the United States of America.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Gee, is it possible she lost the House because of Obamacare, which was unpopular at the time? And that the weakened Boehner and Ryan were more "effective" because the GOP has had the majority since 2011?

It'll be a different ballgame in 2019.

Oh, and we're 85 days from the Big Blue Wave.

Could be because of Obamacare and the fact that Pelosi admitted to not reading the bill.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, darkblue said:

That was the British.

Are you sure it wasn't the Canadians?

He's too busy to hate most days. He's fascinated by his invisible ant farm.

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Could be because of Obamacare and the fact that Pelosi admitted to not reading the bill.

I'll bet she didn't read the "tax reform" bill the Republicans jammed through the Congress last year, either. Neither did they.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jakeem said:

She's held the line under tough circumstances. But have you seen any construction on a border wall lately?

P.S. Don't go to bed too early on November 6.

But she has failed to stop just about everything else Trump and the GOPers have done.  And the wall ain't dead yet despite a fair number of Republicans privately not really in favor of it.  They are testing various designs and I believe there are expansions of previous sections.

I will go to bed at my usual time.  Won't be surprised if Dems take control of House, but it will be a very small majority and many of the Dem House members will still live in Red or Purple districts.

5 minutes ago, jakeem said:

I'll bet she didn't read the "tax reform" bill the Republicans jammed through the Congress last year, either. Neither did they.

She is much more effective when she doesn't know what she is doing.   

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TheCid said:

But she has failed to stop just about everything else Trump and the GOPers have done.  And the wall ain't dead yet despite a fair number of Republicans privately not really in favor of it.  They are testing various designs and I believe there are expansions of previous sections.

But the GOP's overreaching actions pretty much have set her up as the Once and Future Speaker!

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

She is much more effective when she doesn't know what she is doing.   

You could say that about a lot of folks in Washington these days. Especially the ones who are new at this.

As America Burns From Climate Change,

Trump Officials Attend Denial Conference to Discuss Why Climate Change is Fake

• Sad 1

Bernie SandersVerified account @SenSanders 3h3 hours ago

Bernie Sanders Retweeted The Hill

No, Secretary Zinke. The record-breaking wildfires in California have everything to do with climate change.

We must confront the reality that climate change is already destroying tens of thousands of lives, and take concrete steps to avoid its worst consequences.

34 minutes ago, darkblue said:

That was the British.

Trump blamed Canada for this in one of his myriad misstatements.  You don't think Trump is a hateful person?!?  Considering his rhetoric, I think the only people he likes are Putin and his kids.  He has said hateful things about John McCain, the media, Democrats, liberals, women, minorities, Muslims, immigrants, etc.  If he isn't a "hateful person" then he has a very nasty mean streak and is incapable of compassion.

1 hour ago, ChristineHoard said:

Trump blamed Canada for this in one of his myriad misstatements.  You don't think Trump is a hateful person?!?  Considering his rhetoric, I think the only people he likes are Putin and his kids.  He has said hateful things about John McCain, the media, Democrats, liberals, women, minorities, Muslims, immigrants, etc.  If he isn't a "hateful person" then he has a very nasty mean streak and is incapable of compassion.

He just likes to tease snowflakes.

As do I.

Peter Strzok fired... gotta hand it to Trump, his narratives are devastatingly effective. He got an FBI agent fired over nothing after unrelenting soapbox Twitter attacks for months.

• Sad 2

I'm not a big fan of John McCain's politics, but it's amazing to watch the pro-military GOP turn on one of their own to curry favor with a draft-dodging, irreligious orange buffoon who's selling America by the ruble to foreign actors.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1