Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

67,061 posts in this topic

Schooley Retweeted The Hill

Are we just going to pretend now that he didn’t start campaigning like a few weeks after the inauguration most likely for highly suspect financial reasons?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like Bernie Sanders is history. Sleepy Joe Biden is pulling ahead and think about it, I’m only here because of Sleepy Joe and the man who took him off the 1% trash heap, President O! China wants Sleepy Joe BADLY!

10:08 AM - 20 May 2019
  • Haha 1

The Fake News put out a typically false statement, without any knowledge that the United States was trying to set up a negotiation with Iran. This is a false report. Iran will call us if and when they are ever ready. In the meantime, their economy continues to collapse - very sad for the Iranian people!

1:30 PM - 20 May 2019
  • Haha 1

I'm listening to Republicans twist the Iran intel to make it sound like Iran is taking unprovoked, offensive measures against the U.S. and our allies. Like it just came out of nowhere.

I've read the intel too. And let me be clear - that's not what the intel says.

No one should defend the actions Iran has taken - they've been out of control for years - but dumb wars start when each party mistakenly believes that the other party's defensive or reactive actions are actually offensive and proactive.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

NEW: Trump’s sweeping claims in federal court of near-immunity from congressional scrutiny aren’t sitting well with Republicans — but they’re not preparing to act in any way that constrains Trump.

In federal court Trump’s lawyer said Congress doesn’t have authority to investigate whether POTUS violated laws

“I don’t agree with that,” said Rep. Tom Cole

“If the president has acted illegally, then I think we have oversight authority,” added Ken Buck

House R’s don’t plan to address the sweeping claims in part bc they agree w/ Trump’s criticisms of the Dem investigations.

“[Dems] are taking too broad of a view of the investigative powers of Congress & the administration’s taking way too narrow of one.”

Justin Amash

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ian Millhiser Retweeted Jesse Ferguson

Man. If I were a reporter who spent 2016 pretending to believe that the most important issue in the presidential election was Hillary Clinton's emails, I'd sure be embarrassed right now and would seriously doubt my own competence.

• Haha 1

Schumer accuses GOP of engaging in "subterfuge" by saying they oppose Alabama's law banning abortion while also voting to confirm anti-abortion judges like Wendy Vitter (Collins only GOP senator who opposed Vitter)

• Thanks 1

Natasha Bertrand Retweeted CBS News

The video was published on Instagram by Alexandr Ionov, the leader of a pro-Kremlin nationalist organization that provides a forum for separatist movements in the US & abroad, and enjoys funding from the Kremlin. https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/03/alexander-ionov-helps-fund-maria-butinas-legal-bills/585112/ 

• Haha 1