Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

65,714 posts in this topic

NEW: During a secret meeting with the leaders of the House Foreign Affairs committee today, Rex Tillerson said the Trump admin actively avoided confronting Russia about election interference in an effort to develop a solid relationship with the Kremlin.

2b07.png

Rex Tillerson Secretly Meets With House Foreign Affairs Committee to Talk Trump

UPDATE: Tillerson told the House Foreign Affairs committee that Jared Kushner at times impeded his ability to communicate to Trump policy proposals developed by State Dept. experts on major foreign affairs matters across the globe

0GeEoiv-?format=jpg&name=600x314
  • Thanks 1

🚨“Tillerson’s arrival at the Capitol was handled with extreme secrecy. No media advisories or press releases were sent out announcing his appearance. And he took a little-noticed route into the building in order to avoid being seen...”(⁦@ErinBanco⁩)

Interesting: TILLERSON informed White House he was planning to testify and was not blocked. For seven hours, he talked about Russia, Kushner, Middle East & more to lawmakers and aides behind closed doors.

Trump’s Allies Don’t Seem to Realize He Wants to Pardon War Criminals Because He Thinks War Crimes Are Good

Trump has made clear repeatedly that he believes the U.S. should violate the Geneva Conventions.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/05/trump-war-crime-pardons-campaign-promises.html?via=rss_socialflow_twitter

xKrG2pmU?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Sad 3

On August 29, 2017 at 8:41 AM, jakeem said:

Three years ago Republicans lost their minds over the President of the United States wearing a tan suit

article-urn:publicid:ap.org:e912379e95ab

To celebrate, or bemoan 2500 pages of whoppers here is one from the archives.

• Like 1

McConnell threatens to block everything even if Trump loses in 2020: "If I'm still the majority leader in the Senate [in 2020], think of me as the Grim Reaper," McConnell told voters in Owensboro, Kentucky, on Monday. "None of that stuff is going to pass."

O3UEpV_r?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The Congressional Hispanic Caucus is calling for a federal investigation into the death of 16-year-old Carlos Hernandez of Guatemala, the fifth migrant child to die while in U.S. custody since December. Hernandez was apprehended last week.

Image result for congressional hispanic caucus migrant death

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

John Brennan on the Mueller probe, “I don’t know if I received bad information, but I THINK I SUSPECTED THAT THERE WAS MORE THAN THERE ACTUALLY WAS.” Wow, he admits he was wrong! Congress should go back to work on drug prices etc.

9:02 PM - 21 May 2019

John O. Brennan Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I subsequently learned from the Mueller report that there was a lot more evidence of collusion and obstruction of justice than was indicated in the misleading & highly politicized Barr memo. Your obvious fear of Congressional action is warranted & your dishonesty is appalling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jakeem said:

A new comedy starring Kristen Wiig pulls out of Georgia after the state signed its own "heartbeat" abortion bill

https://www.thedailybeast.com/new-comedy-starring-kristen-wiig-pulls-out-of-georgia-after-state-signs-heartbeat-abortion-bill

zX3TKawr?format=jpg&name=600x314

liberals are such hypersensitive wusses.

they go nuts when their holy sacrament abortion is attacked now compare that to the other side's maturity in regards to the scotus same-sex marriage ruling.

they go nuts and we don't.

• Haha 1

Nevada will send legislation to the governor's desk that would give the state's Electoral College votes to the winner of the popular vote -- and could become the 15th state to do so

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/21/politics/nevada-senate-electoral-college/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_term=link&utm_content=2019-05-22T04%3A08%3A05

mck4H0mJ?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

.@Maddow: "Within 5 weeks of Mitch McConnell getting that call from David Vitter, saying 'Hey I got an aluminum plant we're going to put in your home state'...Wendy Vitter's nomination got pulled off the trash heap...and now she is a federal judge."

https://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/mcconnell-boosted-wife-of-lobbyist-for-russian-plant-in-kentucky-60082245958?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

GPhPj_GO?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

James Fallows Retweeted Maddow Blog

McConnell, not Trump, is the man who made this era.

Why McConnell?

-Routinized filibuster (when GOP was in minority) which had been exception;

-Blocked gun control after Sandy Hook;

-Blocked bipartisan statement on Russian meddling, in 2016;

-M. Garland;

-Wife now in cabinet

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Rep. Porter says about HUD Sec. Carson: "I think he literally gave zero competent answers today... I think this was the worst performance that I have seen to date in financial services."

https://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/watch/rep-katie-porter-ben-carson-gave-zero-competent-answers-in-hearing-60080709966?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

u1bog7lV?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 2