Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,934 posts in this topic

Daniel Dale Retweeted Daniel Dale

Trump, taking questions, continues about Pelosi, with no apparent basis: "She's a mess. Look, let's face it. She doesn't understand it. They sort of feel, she's disintegrating before their eyes. She does not understand it."

Trump then falsely claims Pelosi is holding up the new NAFTA even though "unions are in favour of it." He adds, "She's got to get up to snuff, learn the bill." Several big unions, and the AFL-CIO broadly, have been skeptical at best.

Trump keeps insulting Pelosi's mind, calling her "Crazy Nancy" and saying, "I'll tell you what, I've been watching her, and I have been watching her for a long period of time, she's not the same person. She's lost it."

Trump then says he doesn't think Pelosi even has the ability to understand the USMCA: "I don't think she's capable right now of understanding it. I think she's got a lot of problems."

• Sad 1

Remarkable what Trump has given Pelosi at a delicate political time for her. As she’s trying to show impatient Dems that her more methodical approach is working, he basically offers them proof that he’s unnerved. One Hill aide told me it was a gift

• Thanks 1

Tom Nichols Retweeted Donald J. Trump

The President of the United States just sent out a doctored video of the Speaker of the House.

With the exception of a lone congressman, not one Republican has, or is going to, lift a finger to stop this madness. There are no patriots left in the leadership of the GOP.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Joe Lockhart Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I'll repeat that on the day that doctored video of Nancy Pelosi appears on the internet, @realDonaldTrump starts suggesting that somehow she's impaired. Then retweets more edited video of the Speaker. This is the President of the US for god's sake. This is a coordinated campaign

• Sad 1

S.V. Dáte Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I have asked the WH if they are aware they have disseminated a doctored video. Will advise if they respond.

This is not the first time, by the way. They propagated an altered video when they pulled @Acosta hard pass, too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

Joe Lockhart Retweeted Donald J. Trump

I'll repeat that on the day that doctored video of Nancy Pelosi appears on the internet, @realDonaldTrump starts suggesting that somehow she's impaired. Then retweets more edited video of the Speaker. This is the President of the US for god's sake. This is a coordinated campaign...hey!...

she started it.

:P

9 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

hey!...

she started it.

:P

By telling the truth? :ph34r:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

With farmers looking on in "Make Potatoes Great Again" garb, Trump called upon five of his aides—including a limping Larry Kudlow—to stand in front of TV cameras & vouch for his discipline in a meeting with Democrats. 

Trump Gets White House Witnesses to Attest to His ‘Very Calm’ Demeanor

Yeah, five hacks with a sterling reputation for honesty. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jakeem said:

REPORTER: Sir, the constitution says treason is punishable by death. You've accused your adversaries of treason. Who specifically are you accusing of treason?

TRUMP: A number of people. If you look at Comey, McCabe, if you look at Strzok, his lover Lisa Page... 😳

NSKn_i_E?format=jpg&name=600x314

....IF YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Trump won’t release White House visitor logs or his tax returns, and he made staffers sign non-disclosure agreements.

Yet during a Rose Garden speech on Wednesday, he again proclaimed himself “the most transparent president” in U.S. history

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/23/trumps-transparency-1342875

Vyn5GIts?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 3

Nadler making some Mueller news on MSNBC. Says Mueller "wants to testify in private.” Asked why, “I don't know why.” Says Mueller "is willing to make an opening statement and there would be "a transcript.” Suggest Mueller is worried about it being a "political spectacle"

• Thanks 1

Steven Beschloss Retweeted Sam Stein

Let’s be clear: Robert Mueller has a responsibility, a patriotic duty as a defender of the US constitution, to testify publicly. The idea he needs to protect his apolitical posture or moral rectitude is not acceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By timing the pardons around a holiday that honors the military, Trump appears to be positioning his move as a show of support to the armed forces.

But in reality, “This isn’t a gift to the military," one expert says. "This is red meat for his base.”

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2019/05/trump-war-crimes-pardon-military-impact/

TrumpIraq.jpg?w=990

• Sad 1

Meghan McCain demands her co-hosts stop mocking Trump: "We’re talking about people’s lives at stake. So maybe a little less humor and a little more work by everyone would be nice"

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meghan-mccain-demands-the-view-hosts-stop-mocking-trump-put-this-crap-aside?ref=home&via=twitter_page

e63uQYfz?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 3