Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

65,702 posts in this topic

Joyce Alene Retweeted The Hill

Taxpayers pay her salary. She’s not supposed to engage in political activity, under the Hatch Act. WH employees have repeatedly broken this law, which used to be taken seriously, during the Trump administration.

Why Trump’s Stonewalling Legal Strategy Will Keep Failing

If he’s trying to run out the clock on the subpoenas, the weakness of his strategy might actually be speeding things up

"...Trump’s argument .... claiming that Congress is engaging in “law enforcement” and that corrupt behavior by the president is not a “proper subject of investigation.” Mehta cited Watergate as an obvious rebuttal.

Trump’s argument is doomed to fail in the courts because the Constitution gives the House the “full power of impeachment” and it could not exercise that authority without investigating presidential wrongdoing. Mehta found that it is “simply not fathomable” that

“a Constitution that grants Congress the power to remove a president for reasons including criminal behavior would deny Congress the power to investigate him for unlawful conduct—past or present—even without formally opening an impeachment inquiry.”........

What is remarkable about these sweeping rulings is not the results, which were expected, but the speed with which they were issued. Mehta issued his 41-page ruling just seven days after hearing arguments.

If Trump’s team is not alarmed by the speed and sweeping nature—not to mention the almost dismissive tone—of the two judgments against the president, it should be. Trump’s strategy on a variety of fronts has been to take extreme positions denying congressional authority to investigate the president....

his strategy is not only generating adverse results quickly, but it could very well convince a court that he is acting in bad faith.

If that happens, the House could get the courts to do what it is ill-equipped to do itself:

enforce compliance with congressional subpoenas.

That could get congressional investigations, or even an impeachment inquiry, off the ground. "

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/05/26/trump-tax-returns-subpoena-226987

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

NYT PoliticsVerified account @nytpolitics

Hope Hicks, one of the best-known but least visible former members of President Trump’s White House staff, is facing an existential question:

whether to comply with a congressional subpoena https://nyti.ms/2I329XZ 

:rolleyes:

D7VqnEVW0AEkX7X.jpg

Alexandria Ocasio-CortezVerified account @AOC 4h4 hours ago

What gets me is news breaks that this woman is weighing committing a crime before Congress &it’s getting framed by the NYT as some Lifetime drama called “Hope’s Choice.”

This is a fmr admin official considering participating in a coverup led by the President. Treat her equally.

==================================

"Ocasio-Cortez's criticism added to that of media figures who said failing to comply with a subpoena is a crime

and not something "to decide." 

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/445614-ocasio-cortez-hits-nyt-over-story-on-hope-hicks-its-framed-as-some-lifetime

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

NYT PoliticsVerified account @nytpolitics

Hope Hicks, one of the best-known but least visible former members of President Trump’s White House staff, is facing an existential question:

whether to comply with a congressional subpoena https://nyti.ms/2I329XZ 

:rolleyes:

D7VqnEVW0AEkX7X.jpg

A woman like this should have never left the fashion trade, that was all she was suited for.

BREAKING: European Parliament projection indicates major losses for mainstream centrists, rise for far-right and Greens.

Projections show the center-right European People’s Party remaining the biggest group in the European Parliament, but with fewer seats.

pOGmfz1k?format=jpg&name=600x314

The HillVerified account @thehill 49m49 minutes ago

VP Pence at West Point graduation:

"As a sign of the gratitude for the many years of service that you will render to America your Commander in Chief has given me the authority,

to hereby absolve all cadets on restriction for minor conduct offenses effective immediately."

:o

• Thanks 1

De Blasio: I get under Trump’s skin

“I understand his tricks and his strategies, and I do get under his skin,” de Blasio said of Trump. “I called him on the first day of my campaign, I called him ‘Con Don’ because he is a con artist. That’s how he’s gotten ahead.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/26/bill-de-blasio-donald-trump-2020-1345017

80AzKEtc?format=jpg&name=600x314

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

Obama got along better with world leaders because he was an **** kisser like they had become.

trump doan kiss heineys, he kicks them!

when trump is through the mullahs are gonna be kicked dogs.

:)

Where have you been?  Trump doesn't kick he's licks.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mr6666 said:

"As a sign of the gratitude for the many years of service that you will render to America your Commander in Chief has given me the authority,

to hereby absolve all cadets on restriction for minor conduct offenses effective immediately."

The HillVerified account @thehill 1h1 hour ago

GOP senator warns Trump: Be "very careful" pardoning soldiers charged with war crimes

http://hill.cm/b6pSHFb

" Ernst, a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said Sunday that service members need to "understand" that "we operate under a code of ethics" and said Trump should be "very careful" in determining whether to issue pardons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mr6666 said:

so what's the prob?:)

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

Vice President Mike Pence told the most diverse graduating class in the history of the U.S. Military Academy on Saturday that the world is "a dangerous place" and they should expect to see combat.

Rji4FKAT?format=jpg&name=600x314

Better you than me, suckah.

• Sad 1

A judge in Utah has been suspended without pay for six months after he made critical comments about President Trump in court and on his Facebook page.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/26/us/utah-judge-suspended-trump-comments/index.html?utm_source=twCNN&utm_content=2019-05-26T22%3A01%3A06&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

lH9ALc3T?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Haha 1

White House says that during a gift exchange at the Imperial Palace, the president gave Emperor Naruhito an American-made viola and a signed photo of himself.

FLOTUS gave Empress Masako a pen made of Harvard tree wood -- the empress attended Harvard -- and a signed photo.