Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

67,022 posts in this topic

Rep. Duncan Hunter, an advocate for the pardoning of a Navy SEAL who has been charged with war crimes, said he is guilty of doing one of the things Eddie Gallagher is accused of during his own time in the Marines

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/05/26/california-congressman-defends-war-crimes-suspect-1345027?fbclid=IwAR1DDTH4ppHq46LmOzQUZFQYjheUiBa_JRCIK3nbp3HjjnhJHOeoyqFuUyk

4N2ZGu6O?format=jpg&name=600x314

Got to say this again: While I vastly admire Japan, it is bizarre for a US president to be there on Memorial Day, when we honor, among others, tens of thousands of Americans who died fighting Japan in WWII. If Obama had done this, American right-wingers would’ve gone ballistic.

• Sad 1

Brian Klaas Retweeted Donald J. Trump

On Memorial Day weekend, 3 years ago, Trump criticized Obama for not discussing “the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor while he’s in Japan.” I wonder if a journalist might want to ask him whether he’s going to bring it up now that he’s in Japan, as president, on Memorial Day weekend?

• Haha 3

The saddest thing I’ve read today is family members expressing gratitude their military relative did not live to see Trump as president.

The ultimate sacrifice men and women have made in service to our country demands each of us to honor their memory by supporting democracy and fighting for justice every single day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In KY, Gov Bevin said vaccine mandates were un-American. In OR, GOP used vaccine mandates to bash Dems as violating parental rights. And in California Senate, all 10 Republicans opposed a measure aimed at stopping bogus medical exemptions from vaccination.

• Sad 1

In an unprecedented move, Trump publicly intervened in the domestic political crisis in Israel and backed Prime Minister Netanyahu's efforts to form a coalition 48 hours before the deadline for putting together a new government

https://www.axios.com/trump-tweet-israel-netanyahu-466590aa-322a-4ed1-b52b-bbb6146d7a29.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic&utm_content=1100

dVTVSTc6?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Sad 1

If there is a human being doing more damage to America than Donald Trump, tell me who it is. Trump will go down in history as the worst president ever, far worse than Warren Harding, Andrew Johnson, and James Buchanan.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The New York Times gives home page to Trump’s juvenile nicknames for the candidates, including the racist Native American slur directed at Warren, This serves no purpose other than to highlight his name-calling and reinforce his abusive conduct.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

How people manage to keep being surprised by Trump's failure to do anything about infrastructure is truly a mystery. This was utterly predictable right from the beginning

I mean, right after the 2016 election I wrote that "Cronyism and self-dealing are going to be the central theme of this administration," and that this would prevent an infrastructure deal. And so it has proved

1HUZeCq5?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Memorial Day weekend is one of the busiest travel weekends, but nearly 47.5 million Americans will avoid road trips because of road congestion — costing the U.S. close to $30 billion and 248,000 jobs according to a new survey

https://www.axios.com/road-congestion-costing-us-billions-jobs-0a0e557c-daa8-401c-8b26-f18b7a065a95.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

XoKzm8Ob?format=jpg&name=600x314