Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

67,065 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

Oh, would that be something about Sally Hemings, Thomas Jefferson's sister-in-law who was also his slave and his mistress?

The Woman Who Bore his children.

His mulatto common law wife.

Sally was really the first mixed race first lady.

I have no problem with that and I personally am glad the Hemings family have such an ancestry they can be proud of and am sure they are.

Sally Hemings continued to visit Jefferson's grave years after his death.

her love was strong.

:)

4 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Racism is always a joke with you isn't it?

That kind of deflection it's not funny.

Did that ever went over your head!

It's racist to give birth naturally? :wacko:

5 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I have no problem with that and I personally am glad the Hemings' family have such an ancestry they can be proud of and am sure they are.

Sally Hemings continued to visit Jefferson's grave years after his death.

love is strong.

:)

Black Female Slaves were not allowed just say no to a white master who wanted to have sex with them.

White men who bought these black women could have sex with them anytime they wanted to.

Haven't you seen  "Roots"?

A white male slave owner can never be guilty ofraping a black female slave because he owned her. The way you own your TV set, your radio or your car.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Did that ever went over your head!

It's racist to give birth naturally? :wacko:

I feel sorry for you.

Racism is not funny, people suffering and being victims of it is not funny either.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

I feel sorry for you.

Racism is not funny, people suffering and being victims of it is not funny either.

I feel sorry for people at your parties. :wacko:

hDF836F30

1 hour ago, Princess of Tap said:

and yet Sally Hemings continued to visit Thomas Jefferson's grave years after he died.

princess, human beings will often times make the best of situations they find themselves in and will grow as human beings if they can.

Sally Hemings certainly a strong woman must have accomplished that and learned to love Jefferson.

I applaud that love which transcended race.

:P

10 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

and yet Sally Hemings continued to visit Thomas Jefferson's grave years after he died.

princess, human beings will often times make the best of situations they find themselves in and will grow as human beings if they can.

White male slave ownersraping black female slaves is a fact of American history.

When these white men bought these black women, the women were displayed nude or nearly so in the Public Square so they could see what they were buying.

Slavery, Jim Crow, lynchings, racism, Central Park 5, birtherism--

That's American history.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I feel sorry for people at your parties. :wacko:

I had a teacher who was a Holocaust Survivor and she taught me that some things are not ever funny.

Sometimes it takes a good upbringing, empathy and a good liberal arts education to learn that.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

I never said anything about Obama's scholastic records proving anything one way or another...

my issue is WHAT IS WRITTEN IN HIS DESSERTATIONS.

:lol:

Dessertations? I'm not so sure he's into that, although he does like chocolate chip cookies. :ph34r:

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I thought the birther movement were people against Cesarean sections. :P

Was the Cesarean section named for Julius Cesar? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I never said anything about Obama's scholastic records proving anything one way or another...

my issue is WHAT IS WRITTEN IN HIS DESSERTATIONS.

certainly content that would make Thomas Jefferson beam with pride, right?

:lol:

What makes you think he wrote any dissertations?  What makes you think they are sealed?  Have you ever been to college, especially post-graduate?

More importantly, his written reports are not part of his scholastic record which you keep asking for.

1) Nippy is just trying to get a rise out of everyone.

2) The "Obama's school records are hiding anti-American essays and/or have him claiming Kenyan citizenship" was a long-running bugaboo of Rush Limbaugh's show, which Nippy is an avowed fan of.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

I had a teacher who was a Holocaust Survivor and she taught me that some things are not ever funny.

Sometimes it takes a good upbringing, empathy and a good liberal arts education to learn that.

You constantly bring up the Civial War era slavery -  it's an OBSESSION! There is nothing anyone can do about it!  Never have I heard you mention modern day slave labor / concentration camps which still exist. Why...they are not black or Jews so it doesn't fit the divide and conquer narrative?

EVERYBODY knows about the Civil War and the Holocaust during WWII  unless one lived in a "Blast From The Past" style bomb shelter.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/world/global-slavery-estimates-ilo/index.html

North Korea

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXTTqaVWXZsmwOQB6lVtz

122982454.jpeg

Children in Pakistan and India

Capture-300x205.png

kay-chernush-slave-labor-4.jpg

China

chinese-sweatshop-slave.jpg

Chinese-slave-labor-camp-courtesy-youtub

Concentration camp in Bosnia during the breakup / civil war in the former Yougoslavia

Trnopolje10b.jpg?width=300&quality=85&au

‘At Least During the Internment …’ Are Words I Thought I’d Never Utter

I was sent to a camp at just 5 years old — but even then, they didn't separate children from families.

By George Takei

".....W hen a government acts capriciously, especially against a powerless and much-reviled group, it is hard to describe the terror and anxiety. There is nowhere to turn, because the only people with the power to help have trained their guns and dogs upon you. You are without rights, held without charge or trial. The world is upside down, information-less, and indifferent or even hostile to your plight.

......At least during the internment, we remained a family, and I credit that alone for keeping the scars of our unjust imprisonment from deepening on my soul.

I cannot for a moment imagine what my childhood would have been like had I been thrown into a camp without my parents. That this is happening today fills me with both rage and grief: rage toward a failed political leadership who appear to have lost even their most basic humanity, and a profound grief for the families affected."

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/19/at-least-during-the-internment-are-words-i-thought-id-never-utter-family-separation-children-border/

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

I was sent to a camp at just 5 years old — but even then, they didn't separate children from families.

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/06/19/at-least-during-the-internment-are-words-i-thought-id-never-utter-family-separation-children-border/

Sad to say that was the ugly part of WWII on the American side which never made sense to me.  Why there were no internment of Germans whom were also US citizens?

Still blows my mind

Massara-TheJapanese-AmericanArtistWhoWen

15_dorothea_lange_san_francisco_californ

This is a totally different issue from illegal border crossings which can be prevented.  Again no blame for Mexico. :angry:

Posted (edited)

Also why were there no courts martial for American soldiers shooting some Japanese POW's whom SURRENDERED?  We shot Germans of doing the same thing!

Another footnote of history we conveniently forgot. :(

Edited by hamradio

32 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

By George Takei

".....W hen a government acts capriciously, especially against a powerless and much-reviled group, it is hard to describe the terror and anxiety. There is nowhere to turn, because the only people with the power to help have trained their guns and dogs upon you. You are without rights, held without charge or trial. The world is upside down, information-less, and indifferent or even hostile to your plight.

......At least during the internment, we remained a family, and I credit that alone for keeping the scars of our unjust imprisonment from deepening on my soul.

I cannot for a moment imagine what my childhood would have been like had I been thrown into a camp without my parents. That this is happening today fills me with both rage and grief: rage toward a failed political leadership who appear to have lost even their most basic humanity, and a profound grief for the families affected."

About 25 years ago I happened to be in Portland Oregon in a museum to learn about their history.

They had a lot of information on the genocide and terrorism of the Native Americans by the federal government.

But much to my surprise, I came out learning about a different episode where the federal government had mistreated Americans.

Being a Trekkie, I immediately recognized that booming voice coming from another part of the museum. It was George Takei!...that led me into an exciting, informative at times sad multi-media exhibit about the Japanese-American experience on the West Coast.

George Takei was not actually there in person, but he was narrating a documentary about the lives of Japanese-Americans on the West Coast. That's when I found out that he was one of the Japanese American citizens forced into relocation internment camps during World War II.

The real way to learn about history is to learn it firsthand. What our government and we as a people have done in the past is affecting how we live right now and how we live in the future.

After the documentary was over I got to meet a woman who had actually been interned just like George Takei had as a child during World War II. She had taken time out of her life--and maybe it took her back to a very unpleasant time-- just so she could be there to explain what happened to her and her family and so many other Japanese-Americans during World War II.

I will never forget her kindness and generosity in answering my questions, which I'm sure she was tired of hearing and maybe at times caused her great pain.

But this Japanese American lady had made a commitment to inform the public about her experience,

so that it wouldn't happen to others and to set the record straight.

During this exhibition I learned about how prosperous and hard-working the Japanese Americans had been on the West Coast. And so much of the fruits of their hard-work and industry was stolen from them during World War II.

Unless we face our history head-on, we can never overcome the parts of it that are so horrible and humiliating that it's difficult for some people to face them in reality today.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Also why were there no court martials for American soldiers shooting Japanese POW's whom SURRENDERED?  We shot Germans of doing the same thing!

It's courts martial, like attorneys general. :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Also why were there no court martials for American soldiers shooting Japanese POW's whom SURRENDERED?  We shot Germans of doing the same thing!

Why were the German American citizens and the Italian-American citizens not interned in relocation camps?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

Why were the German American citizens and the Italian-American citizens not interned in relocation camps?

Think you missed a post, I already said that (excluding Italians) :huh:

On 6/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, jakeem said:

Exclusive: We found the youngest known child separated from his parents at the border under President Trump. He was only 4 months old

XoE_d6ot?format=jpg&name=600x314

On 6/14/2019 at 4:28 PM, jakeem said:

Cory Booker Retweeted The New York Times

Four. Months. Old.

This administration took an infant from his parents with no plan to reunify them. That's the level of xenophobia we're up against.

That's the level of racism we're up against. 

• Sad 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:24 AM, jakeem said:

Tom Homan, the former acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, to return to the administration as a "border czar," Pres. Trump says Friday https://cbsn.ws/2WFEYrZ 

D9CLwX2WkAEA2d7.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 10:30 AM, jakeem said:

Homan was one of three administration officials who signed the memo that paved the way for the family separation policy.

dJ4Uv5AZ?format=jpg&name=600x314

He's back to continue that ugly policy.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Think you missed a post, I already said that (excluding Italians) :huh:

You still haven't answered my question.