Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

70,851 posts in this topic

The evidence of Iran’s attack on the ships is strong.

We should be leading an international effort to protect the seas and reduce the risk of conflict.

Instead, Trump policies have left us isolated, and the region unstable.

The maximum pressure campaign has failed.

Maximally.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, Princess of Tap said:

My simple question was why were white Americans of German and Italian descent not interned in relocation camps , while Japanese-Americans were interned for the duration of the war and a bit beyond?

They did, but not in near the numbers of Japanese.  They even interred Germans who were deported from South America to US.

JUST IN: The Supreme Court is expected to release several decisions today. In the first one, the court handed Democrats a win on racial gerrymandering In Virginia.

The case was 5-4, but not along the usual conservative-liberal lines. Instead, the majority in this case was Justice Ginsburg with liberal Justices Sotomayor and Kagan as well as conservative Justices Thomas and Gorsuch.

• Like 1

Kyle Griffin Retweeted Kyle Griffin

This means that a presidential pardon could free Manafort from federal prison, but it would not protect him from being prosecuted on similar state charges, which were filed by New York.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

You constantly bring up the Civial War era slavery -  it's an OBSESSION! There is nothing anyone can do about it!  Never have I heard you mention modern day slave labor / concentration camps which still exist. Why...they are not black or Jews so it doesn't fit the divide and conquer narrative?

EVERYBODY knows about the Civil War and the Holocaust during WWII  unless one lived in a "Blast From The Past" style bomb shelter.

Ham: I agree that Princess does seem to bring up the nation's slavery and racist history somewhat too much.

But, it IS relevant to where we are today in America.  It is relevant to those whose ancestor's suffered the horrors, indignities and deprivations that resulted - and to some extent still exist.

It IS relevant because there are sizable groups and numbers of people in US that still believe in racism, discrimination, voter suppression, etc.  AND there are politicians who pander to those people and those groups to get elected.  They then write laws favoring those groups. 

Also, we are discussing what is going on in America in this context and how we got here.  AND why we still have monumental problems.

I don't know where you live, but I grew up in the Deep South and still live in the Deep South.  The problems are deep rooted and are in evidence every day.

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, mr6666 said:

no surprise....... Todd's always been a big wuss

What lie?

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

You constantly bring up the Civial War era slavery -  it's an OBSESSION! There is nothing anyone can do about it!  Never have I heard you mention modern day slave labor / concentration camps which still exist. Why...they are not black or Jews so it doesn't fit the divide and conquer narrative?

EVERYBODY knows about the Civil War and the Holocaust during WWII  unless one lived in a "Blast From The Past" style bomb shelter.

https://www.cnn.com/2017/09/19/world/global-slavery-estimates-ilo/index.html

North Korea

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXTTqaVWXZsmwOQB6lVtz

122982454.jpeg

Children in Pakistan and India

Capture-300x205.png

kay-chernush-slave-labor-4.jpg

China

chinese-sweatshop-slave.jpg

Chinese-slave-labor-camp-courtesy-youtub

Concentration camp in Bosnia during the breakup / civil war in the former Yougoslavia

Trnopolje10b.jpg?width=300&quality=85&au

Even with these images depicting modern situations of people forced into sub-human conditions, you still choose to joke about this issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Ham: I agree that Princess does seem to bring up the nation's slavery and racist history somewhat too much.

But, it IS relevant to where we are today in America.  It is relevant to those whose ancestor's suffered the horrors, indignities and deprivations that resulted - and to some extent still exist.

It IS relevant because there are sizable groups and numbers of people in US that still believe in racism, discrimination, voter suppression, etc.  AND there are politicians who pander to those people and those groups to get elected.  They then write laws favoring those groups. 

Also, we are discussing what is going on in America in this context and how we got here.  AND why we still have monumental problems.

I don't know where you live, but I grew up in the Deep South and still live in the Deep South.  The problems are deep rooted and are in evidence every day.

I grew up interminged with blacks, never had any recent (past 60 years) racial issues to my knowledge.  The only annoying (to the max) historical thing people keeps looking BACK on is the Hatfield & McCoy feud by which it's not bringing us any economic help.  Tourism (what a joke) will never replace coal.

Segregation was in place i.e. a local theatre which ended during the late 1950's.  Blacks here don't bring the past up.

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Arturo said:

Even with these images depicting modern situations of people forced into sub-human conditions, you still choose to joke about this issue.

I never joke about such issues.  Goodness few got bent out of shape over the birth certificate debate which has a strange terminology "birther".  I was joking only how it sounds not racism / slavery.

People are too hypersensitive - chill out for crying out loud. Should be intelligent enough to know what I meant hence the silly emoji in the OP.

Edited by hamradio

9 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I grew up interminged with blacks, never had any recent (past 60 years) racial issues to my knowledge.  The only annoying (to the max) historical thing people keeps looking BACK on is the Hatfield & McCoy feud by which it's not bringing us any economic help.  Tourism (what a joke) will never replace coal.

Segregation was in place i.e. a local theatre which ended during the late 1950's.  Blacks here don't bring the past up.

OK, where do you live?  State at least.  Maybe blacks just don't bring it up with you?

4 minutes ago, TheCid said:

OK, where do you live?  State at least.  Maybe blacks just don't bring it up with you?

I live in southern part of West Virginia, my profile is private for a reason. Blacks don't make this an issue with anyone period.  

3 minutes ago, jakeem said:

JUST IN: Famed fashion designer Gloria Vanderbilt, mother of CNN anchor Anderson Cooper, has died at age 95, CNN reports.

His mother??  Sure didn't know that! :o

The custody battle (was it ever)  during her childhood certainly made news.

d8f0683d2bd9cb635391e7cc9891fab4

Gloria-Loses-Her-Child.jpg

159582_360W.png

11 minutes ago, hamradio said:

I live in southern part of West Virginia, my profile is private for a reason. Blacks don't make this an issue with anyone period.  

You really must live in a bubble or underground shelter with zero contact with the rest of the world.  It is a continuous issue in the rest of America.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheCid said:

You really must live in a bubble or underground shelter with zero contact with the rest of the world.  It is a continuous issue in the rest of America.

Hard to believe blacks and whites can live in harmony? :huh:

1 minute ago, hamradio said:

Hard to believe blacks and whites can live in harmony? :huh:

Nobody is saying they cannot-and don't, but resolving and acknowledging the historical issues that cause conflict and mistreatment is continuous.  To say there is no history or no current problems related to that history is wrong.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, hamradio said:

You know what every black person in the southern part of WV thinks and feels?

Wow,  that is impressive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1