Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

67,174 posts in this topic

Daniel DaleVerified account @ddale8 21h21 hours ago

Trump said again that he "got" the Veterans Choice program, and John McCain couldn't.

John McCain wrote the Choice bill with Bernie Sanders. That bill was passed in 2014 and signed by Obama.

Trump signed a law, the VA MISSION Act, that changes the Choice program.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

Love and a big pile of moolah.

Didnt love her mother too much.

1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

Over the years both parties have been said, on occasion, to be destined for the waste bin of

history and neither gets even close.

As long as there are rich people, there will be Republicans. (as well as White Evangelicals...)

4 hours ago, Bogie56 said:
The Washington Post
The Post Most

719282e05d30629bd9d0ca8a2a659132-1400-0-70-8-FVL77RUQU4I6TFLKRDBJDK24HA.jpg
(Christopher Gregory/Getty)
‘I’m going down the escalator’: Inside the Trump Tower spectacle that launched a presidency
Some advisers argued against Trump’s iconic arrival at his campaign announcement, fearing it would appear unpresidential.
By Ashley Parker  Read more »

Surprised it doesn't crack from the weight......

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, jakeem said:

What's the title of the fourth song on Side One of "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band"?

Related image

And I kind of like  the title of that last song on the "Meet The Beatles" album.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

Daniel DaleVerified account @ddale8 21h21 hours ago

Trump said again that he "got" the Veterans Choice program, and John McCain couldn't.

John McCain wrote the Choice bill with Bernie Sanders. That bill was passed in 2014 and signed by Obama.

Trump signed a law, the VA MISSION Act, that changes the Choice program.

Haven't used either one, but from what I have received from the VA so far (a lot!), the Mission Act just says they will do better.  If fine tunes the availability of using "private sector" medical sources.  Cuts a little time and/or a few miles off the requirements to use.

Biggest issue I can see is how many medical facilities and physicians will agree to opt in.  That has always been a problem with federal programs.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Princess of Tap said:

And I kind of like  the title of that last song on the "Meet The Beatles" album.

Actually, the fifth song on Side One of "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" works, too! 

Image result for sgt pepper album back cover

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hibi said:

Actually, she later admitted she admired her mother "from afar" and regretted not having had a lasting relationship with her. Gloria Morgan Vanderbilt died of cancer at the age of 60 in 1965.

Gloria Vanderbilt pictured with her mother in Los Angeles.                          As a teen, Vanderbilt traveled to Beverly Hills to reconnect with her mother for a visit that was supposed to last only two weeks. But two weeks in Los Angeles turned into months – and the trip eventually led her to meeting her first husband.
KEYSTONE-FRANCE/GAMMA-KEYSTONE/GETTY

Tucker Carlson warns that Africans are pouring over the southern border and "this flood could become a torrent" -- he then warns that they are "overwhelming our country and going to change it completely and forever"

Image result for tucker carlson congolese migrants

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, mr6666 said:

The HillVerified account @thehill 24m24 minutes ago

JUST IN: Trump admin intervenes to stop Manafort from being sent to Rikers Island in highly unusual move: report http://hill.cm/DXS8rSD 

D9Tgf5WXUAAZZPG.jpg

Seth AbramsonVerified account @SethAbramson 37m37 minutes ago

Keep in mind the context for this: Trump needs to keep Manafort happy or he will (as Trump told friends he fears) flip on Trump.

Now Barr's deputy has interfered with the state prosecution in a way that keeps Manafort happy and federal prosecutors call unusual.

Dirty, more like.

:(

• Sad 1

JUST IN: Rep. Katie Porter is now the second House Democrat representing a swing district to support an impeachment inquiry. "[W]hen faced with a crisis of this magnitude, I cannot with a clean conscience ignore my duty to defend the Constitution."

https://www.axios.com/impeachment-house-democrats-whip-list-c730f5e6-201f-41db-b3e1-923c387b894c.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=organic

ZdihnbH6?format=jpg&name=600x314

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Tucker Carlson warns that Africans are pouring over the southern border and "this flood could become a torrent" -- he then warns that they are "overwhelming our country and going to change it completely and forever"

Image result for tucker carlson congolese migrants

He's about 400 years too late on this one. LMREO

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

More abuse of power for everyone to see.

And that no one will ever do anything about.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Hibi said:

I remember reading about the custody case many years ago and don't recall many of the

details and it's all so long ago. I guess Gloria Vanderbilt (the daughter) was no better or

worse than the average person. I do find it funny that a wealthy socialite will probably be

best remembered for her blue jeans.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jakeem said:

BREAKING: U.S. sending an additional 1,000 troops to the Middle East in response to "hostile behavior" by Iranian forces, Pentagon says.

https://apnews.com/cc0ae3b3f2aa4eba849a37ecac5f5774?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

DosXhjAg?format=jpg&name=600x314

Story behind those mines. Photo was taken in 1987, so not a recent event.

Oil tanker attacks echo Persian Gulf's 1980s 'Tanker War'

https://www.readingeagle.com/news/article/oil-tanker-attacks-echo-persian-gulfs-1980s-tanker-war

6 hours ago, Hibi said:

As long as there are rich people, there will be Republicans. (as well as White Evangelicals...)

True, but every time one of the political parties has a very bad election outing there are pundits

who say it might be headed for the ash heap of history, which proves to be false.

See fourth song on side two of the U.S. version of Magical Mystery tour. :)

Next week ICE will begin the process of removing the millions of illegal aliens who have illicitly found their way into the United States. They will be removed as fast as they come in. Mexico, using their strong immigration laws, is doing a very good job of stopping people long before they get to our Southern Border. Guatemala is getting ready to sign a Safe-Third Agreement. The only ones who won’t do anything are the Democrats in Congress. They must vote to get rid of the loopholes, and fix asylum! If so, Border Crisis will end quickly!

9:20 PM - 17 Jun 2019
  • Sad 1