Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,148 posts in this topic

A great piece on Julian Assange and the 2016 election on CNN this morning.  I'm sure that they will replay it.  Just fantastic reporting with a complete timeline of the wikileaks contacts with Russians and hackers and of the releases themselves.  Lots of video of the suspects coming and going from the Equadorian embassy etc.

There is no doubt in my mind that this put the nail in Hillary Clinton's coffin.  For one, it turned any potential Bernie Sanders supporters totally against her with the release of the DNC emails that showed that they favoured Clinton.  Trump gained office through illegal means.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Republicans are circling the wagons over Trump's latest racist tweets by trying to frame this affair as a policy disagreement.  Pathetic cowards the lot.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CNN played a fabulous Lindsay Graham clip from a few years ago where he first explained the appeal of Donald Trump framing it as a total con job and then going further by calling him a racist bigot who would never .. ever represent his Republican party.  :lol:  I hope his opponent plays that one over and over and over.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, mr6666 said:

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump 13m13 minutes ago

We will never be a Socialist or Communist Country.

IF YOU ARE NOT HAPPY HERE, YOU CAN LEAVE!

It is your choice, and your choice alone. This is about love for America.

Certain people HATE our Country....

....They are anti-Israel, pro Al-Qaeda, and comment on the 9/11 attack, “some people did something.”

Radical Left Democrats want Open Borders, which means drugs, crime, human trafficking, and much more....

===================================

 

THERE YA GO.......finally,

&  back to the 50's with "LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT" trope!! :lol:

Actually I think "Love it or love it" came from the 60's in response to the anti-war movement.

On the other hand, since Donald Trump obviously is not happy here, he should leave and go back to where his grandfather came from.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

A great piece on Julian Assange and the 2016 election on CNN this morning.  I'm sure that they will replay it.  Just fantastic reporting with a complete timeline of the wikileaks contacts with Russians and hackers and of the releases themselves.  Lots of video of the suspects coming and going from the Equadorian embassy etc.

There is no doubt in my mind that this put the nail in Hillary Clinton's coffin.  For one, it turned any potential Bernie Sanders supporters totally against her with the release of the DNC emails that showed that they favoured Clinton.  Trump gained office through illegal means.

But you can't link Trump or the Trump Campaign directly to those "illegal means."  That's the problem.

1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

CNN played a fabulous Lindsay Graham clip from a few years ago where he first explained the appeal of Donald Trump framing it as a total con job and then going further by calling him a racist bigot who would never .. ever represent his Republican party.  :lol:  I hope his opponent plays that one over and over and over.

Won't matter as his opponent is a little known Democrat who has never held any elective office to my knowledge.  Interestingly I was talking with an acquaintance the other day and advised her to contact Lindsay Graham's office for assistance on a local project.  This led to a discussion re: the senatorial election.  She brought up something that had not crossed my mind, but is interesting.  Would people in S.C. vote for another African-American US senator?  Tim Scott (R) is the other senator.

What would matter is if Trump endorses a Republican to run in the primary against Graham and that is why Graham is so close to Trump now.  He did it for the Charleston US House seat and the incumbent lost and a Dem eventually won that seat.

S.C. has not had a Democratic US senator since Fritz Hollings held the seat from 1966 to 1994.  In '94, he retired rather than run for re-election.  He was a former governor and very popular, but I think he saw the handwriting on the wall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaime_Harrison

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

I see the Republicans are circling the wagons over Trump's latest racist tweets by trying to frame this affair as a policy disagreement.  Pathetic cowards the lot.

One day, after Trump is gone, all these spineless creatures who sold their souls, will have to try to explain their behaviour during these times. That day can't come soon enough.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

CNN played a fabulous Lindsay Graham clip from a few years ago where he first explained the appeal of Donald Trump framing it as a total con job and then going further by calling him a racist bigot who would never .. ever represent his Republican party.  :lol:  I hope his opponent plays that one over and over and over.

But he's appealing to the South Carolina electorate. Do they really care that he's a hypocrite so long as he's now playing the Trump tune they like.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Won't matter....

Just like clockwork.  How did I know you were going to say this?  We know already.  That doesn't mean we have to ignore what is going on around us.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheCid said:

But you can't link Trump or the Trump Campaign directly to those "illegal means."  That's the problem.

They have.  See my comment above about the Mueller report charges.  The loophole was that they could not prove Trump, et all knew that they were Russians - but they were in direct contact with those charged with the crimes.  In all likelihood they did know (Russer if you are listening...) but that was the fly in the ointment.  The truth may come out one day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

There is no doubt in my mind that this put the nail in Hillary Clinton's coffin.  For one, it turned any potential Bernie Sanders supporters totally against her with the release of the DNC emails that showed that they favoured Clinton.  Trump gained office through illegal means.

I did not say that Trump committed anything illegal here but that the means that got him elected were illegal.  It is almost certain that was at least 70,000 votes in 3 states.  The Bernie people stayed home because of the wikileak dump.  Even though Sanders campaigned for Clinton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, TomJH said:

But he's appealing to the South Carolina electorate. Do they really care that he's a hypocrite so long as he's now playing the Trump tune they like.

It may not matter to the election outcome but Graham is such a narcissist that ads outing his hating Trump as a racist and his hypocrisy will probably drive him further around the bend.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomJH said:

One day, after Trump is gone, all these spineless creatures who sold their souls, will have to try to explain their behaviour during these times. That day can't come soon enough.

The thing with these GOP guys is, once Trump is gone, they will go back and viciously attack a Dem president/presidential candidate for saying or doing things reminiscent of what they allowed Trump to say or do.  Craven hypocrites of the worst kind.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

Just like clockwork.  How did I know you were going to say this?  We know already.  That doesn't mean we have to ignore what is going on around us.

You should copy the gist of my post, not just the first few words.  I was responding to your comment re: what Lindsay Graham's DEMOCRATIC OPPONENT IN SOUTH CAROLINA SHOULD DO.  If you know it already, why did you bother to post?

I was trying to inform those who may not "know already."   Not saying to ignore what Graham says, but to be realistic about the probable outcomes of your recommendations.  If you do not want people to respond, don't post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TomJH said:

One day, after Trump is gone, all these spineless creatures who sold their souls, will have to try to explain their behaviour during these times. That day can't come soon enough.

They can read Albert Speer for advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bogie56 said:

It may not matter to the election outcome but Graham is such a narcissist that ads outing his hating Trump as a racist and his hypocrisy will probably drive him further around the bend.

Graham is not around the bend, he is just an astute S.C. politician who knows how the game is played in S.C. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

I did not say that Trump committed anything illegal here but that the means that got him elected were illegal.  It is almost certain that was at least 70,000 votes in 3 states.  The Bernie people stayed home because of the wikileak dump.  Even though Sanders campaigned for Clinton.

You sure implied it. Your post ended with "Trump gained office through illegal means."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheCid said:

You should copy the gist of my post, not just the first few words.  I was responding to your comment re: what Lindsay Graham's DEMOCRATIC OPPONENT IN SOUTH CAROLINA SHOULD DO.  If you know it already, why did you bother to post?

I was trying to inform those who may not "know already."   Not saying to ignore what Graham says, but to be realistic about the probable outcomes of your recommendations.  If you do not want people to respond, don't post.

It's just that you say the same thing five times a day.  Sorry, but that's the way it is.  This is a Trump critique thread.

Read my reply to Tom.  At least it will shame the ****.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheCid said:

You sure implied it. Your post ended with "Trump gained office through illegal means."

And so he did.  Russian hacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would advise Graham's Democratic opponent in 2020 to have a plan to return to private

life on election night. Forewarned is forearmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

And so he did.  Russian hacking.

What we have here is a failure to communicate.  Thee is no evidence I have heard of that links Trump to the "illegal means."  He may have benefited, but where is the link showing he was actually a part of it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheCid said:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.  Thee is no evidence I have heard of that links Trump to the "illegal means."  He may have benefited, but where is the link showing he was actually a part of it?

Failure to communicate is right.   Russian hacking = illegal activity.  Trump wins election because of Russian hacking.  Get it?

Read the Mueller report or my posts above as for the last time the Trump campaign was in touch with the Russians that were charged by Mueller but Mueller could not prove that the Trump campaign knew that they were Russians and not their American cutouts.  So, for the final final time Trump could not be charged with illegal activity on a technicality  but illegal activity by others won him the election.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

There is something I hope that Congress asks Robert Mueller about even if it is in the closed doors intelligence session.  We know that the Trump campaign had over 100 contacts with Russian individuals.  But there was a briefly mentioned detail in the summation of volume one of the Mueller Report which dealt with collusion that has not been mentioned by the media as far as I know.

The investigation was able to prove that the Trump campaign had direct contact with some of the Russian individuals who have been criminally charged with hacking, etc.  No one talks about that.  And I could not find any mention of it in the report itself - only in the summation of the charges.  Perhaps because it is redacted or blacked out for intelligence purposes?

The report states that they were not able to charge anyone in the campaign because they were unable to prove whether they knew that the entities they were in contact with were Russian.  They might have known but Mueller was unable to determine that.  That seems to me to be something that may be a flimsy excuse for interacting with criminal hackers.  We know from the report that the Russian hackers took American identities.  That was one of the criminal charges that were laid against them.  But this seems to me to smack of direct collusion. 

TheCid I'm making it easy for you.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

TheCid I'm making it easy for you.

Making what easy, that there is no provable connection between Trump and the illegal activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

New Members:

Register Here

Learn more about the new message boards:

FAQ

Having problems?

Contact Us