Bogie56

Trump's Biggest Whoppers

68,477 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, TheCid said:

Making what easy, that there is no provable connection between Trump and the illegal activities.

Come on, man.  You are having me on now.  The Trump campaign was in direct contact with the Russian hackers and it wasn't about the weather!  The hitch was they couldn't prove the campaign knew that they were Russians.  Read the bloody report!!!

You are saying it yourself .... THE illegal activities.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Come on, man.  You are having me on now.  The Trump campaign was in direct contact with the Russian hackers and it wasn't about the weather!  The hitch was they couldn't prove the campaign knew that they were Russians.  Read the bloody report!!!

It is 400 pages long!!!!!!!!    Why don't you extract the appropriate parts and post them?  In the end neither of our opinions will matter.  It will be up to the Dems in the House.

23 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter.    GOP Senate will not convict Trump and those planning on voting for Trump in 2020 still plan on doing so.

• Like 1

@AndrewFeinberg

JUST NOW: I asked @KellyannePolls, who’d just said @realDonaldTrump was not telling Omar/Tlaib/Pressley/AOC to go back to Somalia/Gaza/Puerto Rico/etc,

which countries he was referring to.

She responded by asking me where my ancestors came from,

thereby confirming what he meant

8:13 AM - 16 Jul 2019
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Bottom line is that it doesn't matter.    GOP Senate will not convict Trump and those planning on voting for Trump in 2020 still plan on doing so.

It may matter to history and future generations ... who have a brain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

re: House condemnation resolution........

NBC NewsVerified account @NBCNews 3h3 hours ago

Speaker Pelosi on House floor:

"These comments from the White House are disgraceful ... these comments are racist. How shameful to hear him continue to defend those offensive words

– words that we have all heard him repeat not only about our members,

but about countless others."

• Like 2

Daniel DaleVerified account @ddale8 Jul 15

Trump falsely accused Ilhan Omar today of praising al Qaeda.

She never did.

He was referring to a 2013 clip circulating in conservative media.

Even that clip doesn't include any praise. Full context in my fact check with @sarahcwestwood:

Facts First: Omar has not praised al Qaeda or said she can hold her "chest out" when thinking of al Qaeda. Trump was inaccurately describing remarks she made in 2013 about how one of her college professors acted when he discussed al Qaeda.

Trump was referring to an Omar comment that has circulated this year in conservative media, including Fox News.
Only a short video clip has been posted on conservative websites.

Even that clip does not include Omar praising Al Qaeda in any way, but here is the full context.......

• Sad 1

'Sir' alert: This one word is a telltale sign Trump is being dishonest

Trump has told false "sir" stories on all manner of subjects: health care, the Middle East, the courts, unions and -- just last week -- both tariffs and social media. But no genre of Trump story is more reliably sir-heavy than his collection of suspiciously similar tales about macho men breaking into tears of gratitude in his presence.

In a speech in January, Trump painted a colorful picture of the "strong, tough" farmers, ranchers and builders who stood behind him in 2017 as he signed an executive order to rescind a water regulation. "Half of them were crying," he told the American Farm Bureau Federation, especially one man so tough he might not have cried even "when he was a baby."

"He was crying," Trump repeated. "He said, 'Sir, you gave me back my life. You gave me back my property.'"

Touching if true. Absolutely not true.

The signing ceremony happened on camera. The video, still available on the White House's YouTube channel, shows that nobody standing behind Trump was crying.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/sir-alert-this-one-word-is-a-telltale-sign-trump-is-being-dishonest/ar-AAEq3DI?li=AAggNb9&ocid=mailsignout

trump-pinocchio-2.jpg?1467462130

"That's right. Putin said to me, "You, sir, are a stable genius!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

All Hell Breaks Loose As Eric Swalwell Reads Trump’s Racist Statements On The House Floor-

Rep. Swalwell said, “We have an opportunity today to condemn or condone.

Birtherism is racist. Saying a Mexican judge can’t be fair because of his heritage is racist.

Saying immigrants from Mexico are rapists is racist. Saying there were good people on both sides in Charlottesville is racist.

Calling African countries **** countries is racist, and telling four members of this body to go home is racist.”

Republicans immediately objected, and Swalwell said, “Do you think it’s not racist to say those things?

Do you think it’s not racist? Is that what you’re saying right now, Mr. Collins?”.....

https://www.politicususa.com/2019/07/16/eric-swalwell-racist-trump-statements.html

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

NPRVerified account @NPR 8m8 minutes ago

JUST IN: The House has passed a resolution condemning President Trump's remarks attacking four Democratic congresswomen of color.

Four Republicans and one independent joined Democrats in passing the resolution.......

( Party line vote with 4 GOPers — Hurd of TX; Fitzpatrick of PA; Upton of MI; and Brooks of IN — joining Democrats and Independent Amash )

Here's The Resolution Condemning Trump's Racist Comments About Congresswomen-

resolution states that Trump's remarks directed at members of Congress "have legitimized fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color."

It goes on to declare that "immigrants and their descendants have made America stronger"; that the House is committed to keeping America open to those lawfully seeking refuge and asylum from violence and oppression;" and that

it "strongly condemns President Donald Trump's racist comments that have legitimized and increased fear and hatred of new Americans and people of color.".......

Read the full text below and see the document in its original form here.

"RESOLUTION

Condemning President Trump's racist comments directed at Members of Congress.

Whereas the Founders conceived America as a haven of refuge for people fleeing from religious and political persecution, and Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, and James Madison all emphasized that the Nation gained as it attracted new people in search of freedom............

see entire: https://www.npr.org/2019/07/16/742156445/read-heres-the-resolution-condemning-trump-s-racist-comments-about-congresswomen?utm_medium=social&utm_term=nprnews&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=npr

• Like 1

:blink:

Daniel DaleVerified account @ddale8 9h9 hours ago

Those are not Omar’s or Ocasio-Cortez’s poll numbers in their districts or in the country.

Trump was referring to a poll of...white likely voters with 2 years or less of college. Axios published it without saying who did it or provided it, and without full details.

D_mj31aUcAEI0i8.jpg
D_mj30AXsAAZ7Za.jpg
  • Haha 1

A very scary panel of middle age American women Trump supporters on CNN this morning.  Hands were shooting up from everyone in response to will you vote for Trump in 2020.  The squad should go back to where they came from. Trump was right to say so and it was not racist because these women were masquerading as Americans.  They want to destroy America.  No they didn't become politicians to make America better.  All they want is power so that they can destroy it.  And on and on it went.  So sad and pathetic.  I'm sure the Fuehrer enjoyed the same sort of blind loyalty.

• Sad 2

Trump’s better deal with Iran looks a lot like Obama’s

Trump has repeatedly urged Iran to negotiate, saying that Tehran’s nuclear ambitions are his chief concern, talking points that experts say echo the 2015 deal.

".....analysts and former officials say, it sounds like Trump wants to strike a deal that essentially mirrors the agreement that his White House predecessor inked — even if he’d never be willing to admit it.

Iranian officials seem willing to egg him on, saying they’ll talk so long as Trump lifts the sanctions he’s imposed on them and returns to the 2015 Iran deal. And as European ministers warn that the existing deal is nearly extinct, Trump may feel like he is backed into a corner and running out of options.

“Trump got rid of the Iran nuclear deal because it was Barack Obama’s agreement,”........

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/17/trump-iran-deal-obama-1417801

<_<

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Trump's Drilling Leases on Public Lands Could Release 4.7B Metric Tons of Carbon

—More Than All 28 EU Countries Emit in a Year

"Americans have been kept in the dark" about the effects of Trump's drilling leases on public lands, says the Wilderness Society

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/17/trumps-drilling-leases-public-lands-could-release-47b-metric-tons-carbon-more-all-28

:(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The HillVerified account @thehill 1h1 hour ago

#BREAKING: Blue states sue Treasury and IRS in fight over Trump tax law rule

"......New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) said in a statement that the lawsuit challenges "the IRS's final rule that undermines states' efforts to protect our taxpayers against the unprecedented, unlawful and politically motivated capping of the SALT deduction."

The SALT deduction cap has been one of the most controversial portions of Trump's tax law. Politicians on both sides of the aisle from high-tax, Democratic-leaning states have argued that the SALT deduction cap hurts their constituents and challenges their jurisdictions' ability to provide public services to their residents..

http://hill.cm/z1cQxb5 

D_s8OPuXsAAhsq_.jpg
  • Thanks 1

Ayanna Pressley Tells Why She’ll Always Refer To Trump As

The White House ‘Occupant’

“I’m not dishonoring the office – he does, every day,” said the Democratic lawmaker, the first black woman to represent Massachusetts in Congress.

“He does not embody the principles, the responsibility, the grace, the integrity of a true president, and so for that reason I’m not dishonoring the office ― he does, every day,” Pressley said, explaining why she makes it a point to say “occupant.” .......

Tlaib added that Trump is the “the biggest bully” she’s ever had to deal with in her lifetime. .......

• Like 1

Just now on the White House lawn Bonsepurs Trump said "if people don't want to fight for our country they can leave."

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Trump suggests to reporters that Congresswoman Omar is married to her own brother.

:lol:

• Sad 1